Looking to buy an XBOX 360

I reall considering buying an XBOX 360 with some work money, why question is should I buy the 360 or wait for the PS3, or buy a PS2? I have been playing XBOX with friends in college and it seems a lot better than PS2. If I do get the XBOX 360, should I get the core system or up-the-ante and get the full package one? Guys, its on you, what should I do? I need some gaming opinions right here.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 12:20 PM)
360, the best package, madden/ncaa07, and in a couple of days NBA Live 07/2k7.

You might want to wait til the release date of PS3 though because Microsoft could possibly lower the price a little bit to compete.

just ordered a 360 online yesterday...i recall microsoft saying they wont drop the price of the 360 especially when PS3 is already more than a 360; go with the full blown system since you get a wirelesss controller and the HD and headset its a better value then having to buy all those things later

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 09:35 AM)
just ordered a 360 online yesterday...i recall microsoft saying they wont drop the price of the 360 especially when PS3 is already more than a 360; go with the full blown system since you get a wirelesss controller and the HD and headset its a better value then having to buy all those things later

You never know how sales will wind up working out. Don't forget that Nintendo is releasing a lower-priced system as well.

For mostly sports games, go with the XBox360. Other than that, it'll vary depending on what kind of games you play. PS2 IMO has the best library right now, but that will change. I personally lean toward Sony because I like Devil May Cry, God of War, Tekken, and Gran Turismo. I'll also probably eventually be getting a PS3 because of how Resistance, Warhawk, Killzone, Assassin's Creed, Full Auto 2, and a few others look. As for XBox, I personally wasn't all that thrilled outside of Halo, Project Gotham and Ninja Gaiden.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 08:45 AM)
does it really matter where it is; i find that video gaming is a relevant discussion to the sports pub and people have not had trouble discussing it so i plan on leaving it here

I'm not really b****ing. Maybe I should have put it in green. I don't care where anything is. I'm just pointing out the hypocracy of all the Nascar haters. Now, what if it was a question about a Nascar X Box 360 game? That would really throw the universe out of control. :D

QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 10:51 AM)
I'm not really b****ing. Maybe I should have put it in green. I don't care where anything is. I'm just pointing out the hypocracy of all the Nascar haters. Now, what if it was a question about a Nascar X Box 360 game? That would really throw the universe out of control. :D

we need a bowling thread or maybe figure skating or gymnastics to make me really decide if it is worth discussing in here :lol:

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 10:36 AM)
I reall considering buying an XBOX 360 with some work money, why question is should I buy the 360 or wait for the PS3, or buy a PS2? I have been playing XBOX with friends in college and it seems a lot better than PS2. If I do get the XBOX 360, should I get the core system or up-the-ante and get the full package one? Guys, its on you, what should I do? I need some gaming opinions right here.

Why would you buy a PS2? Support for that system will last no more than 1 1/2 to 2 more years. XBOX 360 is a lot more cheaper than PS3. I would just go to a gaming website, say ign.com or gamespot.com pull up the detailed specs of each system and then buy the one that is more tailored to what you want out of a console. Don't forget about Nintendo's Wii either, although I don't think it's going to cater to sports gaming that much.

And if you get the 360, there is no reason to NOT buy the better package.

QUOTE(chaerulez @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 01:20 PM)
Why would you buy a PS2? Support for that system will last no more than 1 1/2 to 2 more years. XBOX 360 is a lot more cheaper than PS3. I would just go to a gaming website, say ign.com or gamespot.com pull up the detailed specs of each system and then buy the one that is more tailored to what you want out of a console. Don't forget about Nintendo's Wii either, although I don't think it's going to cater to sports gaming that much.

And if you get the 360, there is no reason to NOT buy the better package.

I'd personally look at the software roster as opposed to the system specs. Who cares how good the games look or if they support HD or what the online setup is if they don't have what you want? Yeah, for sports games it doesn't matter that much, but if you play anything else it definitely does.

Edited by ZoomSlowik