Computer question

Jimbo's Drinker

I'm going to ask another Computer Question.

Basically all of my saved games for any PC Games are corrupting. So if I save something, the next day when I try to open it it won't open, basically happens for any games.

I'm thinking it's a Windows Registry problem somewhere in the database and I'll need to install a brand new version of XP. Are there any other solutions here possibly?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 03:07 AM)
I'm going to ask another Computer Question.

Basically all of my saved games for any PC Games are corrupting. So if I save something, the next day when I try to open it it won't open, basically happens for any games.

I'm thinking it's a Windows Registry problem somewhere in the database and I'll need to install a brand new version of XP. Are there any other solutions here possibly?

Before you do that, have you noticed anything weird about your computer? Pop ups coming up while not surfing the net? Computer suddenly becoming slow? Anything new you've installed recently? Have you ever had any problems in the past? You can try to do a windows repair before anything and see if that works.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Sep 23, 2006 -> 08:28 AM)
Before you do that, have you noticed anything weird about your computer? Pop ups coming up while not surfing the net? Computer suddenly becoming slow? Anything new you've installed recently? Have you ever had any problems in the past? You can try to do a windows repair before anything and see if that works.

Basically 2 months ago my motherboard crashed and I had to replace it with a new one and re-install Windows XP.

From time to time I get a few blue screens of death with message such as BAD_POOL_CLEANER and IRL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS (or something like that).

I may try to do a Windows Repair although I leave these type of computer repairs to my Dad since he has a better idea with this type of stuff, so I can't remember if we've tried that before or not. I've got a feeling it may have something to do with my Drivers as well, in terms of they need updating.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 23, 2006 -> 02:22 AM)
Basically 2 months ago my motherboard crashed and I had to replace it with a new one and re-install Windows XP.

From time to time I get a few blue screens of death with message such as BAD_POOL_CLEANER and IRL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS (or something like that).

I may try to do a Windows Repair although I leave these type of computer repairs to my Dad since he has a better idea with this type of stuff, so I can't remember if we've tried that before or not. I've got a feeling it may have something to do with my Drivers as well, in terms of they need updating.

Is it only your saved games that get corrupted? If you're getting the blue screen of death then I would definitley do the windows repair first and see what happens.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 23, 2006 -> 02:22 AM)

When I was building my computer, I was getting those errors when trying to install Windows XP. It ended up being a problem with the memory that I was using. Are you sure that your memory is compatible with your new motherboard?