Cheers to the Chicago White Sox

Steve9347

Sure, this was a disappointing season, but how many people get the chance to see their team even try to defend a World Championship?

KW will have this team where it needs to be next season, but I just wanted to point out that it was still an enjoyable season to watch, and I'll never forget the rain-delayed game vs. Cleveland on a Sunday night in early April... presenting a World Championship Banner.

Oh, and then the Ring Ceremony the following Tuesday.

Let's go White Sox! For 2005, the celebration that was this entire last year, and for the future, which is incredibly bright!

:cheers

/thumbsdown

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 12:56 PM)
Zito is an above average pitcher who's going to get Ace money this offseason. 3.91 ERA, 1.41 WHIP, .256 BAA, 95 BB/140 SO (this is just horrendous). 5 years, $12-$14M per for that? No thanks.

surprisingly enough, he's always had a somewhat high walk rate. even in his Cy Young year he walked 3.06 per 9.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 06:40 PM)
:(

how quickly ye forget.

Steve, I've been around here long enough that everbody should know how thankful I am for last year. Last year was my greatest sports moment/memory in my 23 years on earth. However, that was last year. What has happened this year is just despicable.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)
Garcia has been our best pitcher the second half... if anyone needs to go its Buehrle or Vasquez... in that order.

Yeah....as long as no one reaches 1st base. The last stat posted on tv, on the last day that he pitched showed that 38 out of the last 40 runners stole second base off of him. A single or a walk turns into an automatic double with him. Unless he can come up with something to put an end to that, KW will see that as unexceptable........and in my opinion is one primary reason that if a pitcher goes, that it will be Garcia.

Any GM can deal with hits, and occasional walks, but "freebies in scoring position" because the pitcher cannot hold on runners..............................just asking for too much trouble too often.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 12:25 PM)
you never know with KW, but my guess would be

Jose Contreras

Mark Buehrle

Jon Garland

Javier Vazquez

Brandon McCarthy

That rotation wouldn't sound too bad, I suppose I could live with Vazquez for another year.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 06:48 PM)
Steve, I've been around here long enough that everbody should know how thankful I am for last year. Last year was my greatest sports moment/memory in my 23 years on earth. However, that was last year. What has happened this year is just despicable.

whatever. this team won the world series last year, and is almost 20 games over .500 this year... take your ass to Kansas City, the North Side, or f***ing seattle man.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)
whatever. this team won the world series last year, and is almost 20 games over .500 this year... take your ass to Kansas City, the North Side, or f***ing seattle man.

OK? So because we won one title I should never in life expect anything positive to happen again? I'm not down with the that second place attitude. If you're satisfied for the rest of your life because we won it once, good for you. Keep watchin' your 2005 DVD until you're blue in the face. For me, 2005 alone is not enough. A team with this level of talent should atleast be in the playoffs. We haven't had any crippling injuries. So we can't play that card. This team s*** its pants when it counted most. We waited damn near 5 months for Detroit to fold, and what do we do? Play just as bad, if not worse, than they have. As great as last year was, and it was indeed great, this year has been just as dissapointing. There's no way around it.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)

This team didn't win s***, the 2005 team won 99 games and a Championship this is a completely different team even if a lot of the same players are still around.

Cheers to the team with the best 345 hitters......the team with what many thought had the best rotation in baseball. Cheers to the best third place team. Coming into this season I thought to myself *Even if we dont repeat I will be happy because we won it in 05* Boy was I wrong........I still have hope though, all we need is to get within 2 or 3 by next friday.......or for both the Twins and Tigers to get busted for roids.

Edited by chisoxdavid

Why are we all talking about how the Sox need rest when half the season

we b****ed about Oz playing the Sunday lineup all the time???

The "tired" team thing is a sad excuse.

Our starting pitching was a joke much of the season and our approach at the plate

was bad ... home runs galore notwithstanding.

We need to play Ozzieball even though we have never played Ozzieball since

he's gotten here.