From Ken Rosenthal's Mailbag

YASNY

Is there any chance of the White Sox trading Mark Buehrle to the Cardinals?

Chris Harnett

*** Chris: White Sox G.M. Ken Williams is not ready to give up on the season, believing that the Sox still are capable of competing for the AL Central title. If that happens, Buehrle obviously won't be available. Even if doesn't happen, it is unlikely the Sox would trade Buehrle, whose rights they control through 2006.

Buehrle, 24, rejected a reported three-year, $11.5 million deal in spring training that could have grown to five years and $27 million. His season has been a disappointment, and as a native of St. Charles, Mo., he has made no secret of his desire to pitch in St. Louis. But unless the White Sox completely sour on him, I don't expect him to change teams anytime soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When was a last time a team's No. 5 starter made an All-Star team? The Mariners' Gil Meche is 9-3 with a 3.13 ERA.

Dana Robinson

*** Dana: Meche was the fifth starter on opening day, but he certainly doesn't fit that description now. Nor does the White Sox's Estaban Loaiza, who began the season in a similar position, but is 9-2 with a 2.24 ERA.

Their stories offer different kinds of inspiration. Meche, 24, is a youngster who battled back from shoulder surgery; Loaiza, 31, is a veteran who signed as a non-roster player. For either player, an All-Star selection would be a major accomplishment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched about two minutes of BBTN when they were talking about who should start the all-star game for the AL. They debated between Roy Halliday and Jaime Moyer. There was no mention of Esteban until Gammons mentioned him in passing at the very end of the segment. :fyou

I watched about two minutes of BBTN when they were talking about who should start the all-star game for the AL.  They debated between Roy Halliday and Jaime Moyer.  There was no mention of Esteban until Gammons mentioned him in passing at the very end of the segment. :fyou

i guarentee if he was on the boston sox, gammons would be talking nonstop about him.

Esteban Loiaza has been mentioned before as a candidate to start the All-Star game. Gammons has been pretty decent in his assessment of the Chisox and has indicated that he thinks they are still in contention for the AL Central. He also mentioned the wild card, but I think we are closer to the Twins then the bottom team in the wild card race. The last couple nights on BBTN when there hasn't been the clown act from Harold Reynolds and Bobby Valentine, it has actually been informative.

Anyway, I think EL should be the starter too.

He also mentioned the wild card, but I think we are closer to the Twins then the bottom team in the wild card race.

Technically the bottom team in the WC would be the worst team in the league so that wouldnt be much of an accomplishment, but I get what youre saying... :D

9-2 with a 2.24 ERA and an AS selection would be a major accomplishment? If E-Lo doesnt make it, the AS game is a fraud... :angry:

The AllStar game is "a fraud" with Loaiza being there anyway but..... he is and will be the White Sox only AllStar. Every team gets one representative and it's just not right if Loaiza isn't our rep. with his numbers.