MHizzle85

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
Well a nice outing again by Vazquez. He deserved much better in terms of run support.

Our pitching has been there for the last month. However our bats are sleeping. SSSHHHHHH

Remember this team will take off the minute the pitching comes around.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 02:06 AM)
Unfortunately IMO.

I don't think his trade value is very high, and I actually think he can be better next year. I'd much rather get rid of either Garcia or Buehrle....guys who have higher trade value and contract situations coming up.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 02:07 AM)
It's quite amazing that Vaz only has 2 wins in now 13 starts (most likely) since the ASB and his ERA will be around 4, yet pre ASB he had 9 wins with an ERA of 5.07.

Vazquez has pitched MUCH better, but he's still had his typical 6th inning blow-ups far too often, and that prevented us from winning some real big games.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 02:08 AM)
Eh, that's the whole mental/physical mistake thing. Paulie made a bad throw. Spiff happens, okay. Uribe had time to get him, but he was just dumb.

Like I said...with Ichiro running, just make sure your foot is on the base and get that out.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 12:10 PM)
Any thoughts on the Sox trying to trade for ARod this offseason, and make him a SS? Give the Yanks Garcia and Fields, and hope they throw some money into the deal?

I'd say the Yanks would probably get better offers from teams like the Angels than that.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 09:10 PM)
Any thoughts on the Sox trying to trade for ARod this offseason, and make him a SS? Give the Yanks Garcia and Fields, and hope they throw some money into the deal?

I think the Yankees pay about $16 million of ARod's salary. If they threw in the money they get from Texas, I think KW would be very interested.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 09:10 PM)

If he craps the bed during the playoffs again, I think we'd try. We were close to signing him before. I don't think those two would get it done though.