Mariners @ Sox 7:05 PM Gamethread

MHizzle85

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
We all know the season is over...but don't you think these players would have at least a little urgency tonight knowing that their season's not over, and the Twins/Tigers lost?

Fathom they are urgent, urgently trying to hit some cars on the dan ryan with their ruthian swings.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 02:18 AM)
magic 8 ball is on the fritz.

How can Javy get the win if he's pulled after 7 and we're losing? Also, we have to do this, so this way people can say how fatigued are starters are NEXT year due to how many innings they threw this year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We all know the season is over...but don't you think these players would have at least a little urgency tonight knowing that their season's not over, and the Twins/Tigers lost?

urgency is something like an intangible...we let those players go...i will say that i am surprised that AJ is taking this so well...?? he is the one guy that i thought would show his face...OZ probably told the guys to let him do all that...

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 02:19 AM)
urgency is something like an intangible...we let those players go...i will say that i am surprised that AJ is taking this so well...?? he is the one guy that i thought would show his face...OZ probably told the guys to let him do all that...

AJP's been a dog this entire 2nd half of the season. Everyone keeps saying we need these "urgent" players like Rowand, etc. Isn't this what Ozzie is supposed to be good at?

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 09:20 PM)
AJP's been a dog this entire 2nd half of the season. Everyone keeps saying we need these "urgent" players like Rowand, etc. Isn't this what Ozzie is supposed to be good at?

A.J's been one of the few guys to come up with some clutch hits in the last few weeks. Catchers usually do have a legitimate excuse of being "banged up" around this time of year.

Ozzie supposedly was good at motivating players, but it turns out it was guys like Carl and Aaron that were more responsible for that than Ozzie. Our new "Captain" sure ain't the type, either.