MHizzle85

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AJP's been a dog this entire 2nd half of the season. Everyone keeps saying we need these "urgent" players like Rowand, etc. Isn't this what Ozzie is supposed to be good at?

when it comes down to it...the player either accepts losing and goes home to the wife in his mansion...or has so much desire that winning is the only thing that matters...these days it is so difficult to find players with talent, charisma, pride, and heart. i am sure as fans we dont really understand the grind of 162 games + preseason and all the travelling...at least i guess...

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 09:23 PM)
A.J's been one of the few guys to come up with some clutch hits in the last few weeks. Catchers usually do have a legitimate excuse of being "banged up" around this time of year.

Ozzie supposedly was good at motivating players, but it turns out it was guys like Carl and Aaron that were more responsible for that than Ozzie. Our new "Captain" sure ain't the type, either.

Everett played his way off the Mariners, and the Phillies played a lot better after Rowand got hurt. Last year the pitching was awesome. This year its been bad until the last couple weeks . The offense was playing so over their heads, you knew a correction was coming at some point.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)
Yep...I'm sure a lot of them head right home to their wife.

Not right home, but they make it there eventually. :D

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 02:29 AM)
Only during home games. :bringit

There's a long list of guys that I've heard in the last year who have their troubles going straight home to their family. I'm not going to state their names on this site....but it's not really surprising.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 09:25 PM)
when it comes down to it...the player either accepts losing and goes home to the wife in his mansion...or has so much desire that winning is the only thing that matters...these days it is so difficult to find players with talent, charisma, pride, and heart. i am sure as fans we dont really understand the grind of 162 games + preseason and all the travelling...at least i guess...

Its not easy, but they have it about as easy as you can make it. They don't haul luggage. They fly charter flights. They have a lot of time to kill, and they make more money then they will ever be able to spend. Sorry if violin music doesn't pop into my head when I consider their plight.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
Everett played his way off the Mariners, and the Phillies played a lot better after Rowand got hurt. Last year the pitching was awesome. This year its been bad until the last couple weeks . The offense was playing so over their heads, you knew a correction was coming at some point.

Everett and Rowand helped lead the Sox to a World Championship in 2005.

Everett's talents had been slipping the past few years and by 2006 it appears he's about through as a major leaguer. Rowand was doing pretty well in Philly but suffered two major injuries, one which ended his season.

It's irrelevant what they did this year, the point is last year they were key members of the Sox and a major contribution of both of them was their fire, intensity and leadership both on and off the field. The Sox are lacking those qualities this year.

speaking of extremely hot wives that love the sox http://forums.di.fm/member.php?u=33561

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Everett's talents had been slipping the past few years and by 2006 it appears he's about through as a major leaguer. Rowand was doing pretty well in Philly but suffered two major injuries, one which ended his season.

It's irrelevant what they did this year, the point is last year they were key members of the Sox and a major contribution of both of them was their fire, intensity and leadership both on and off the field. The Sox are lacking those qualities this year.

Amen brother...!!! & we wont win again consistently until we find those type of players again!

Jerry Owens in CF. Ozzie is getting his sneak peak of his leadoff guy, who cant hit his way out of a paper bag, has no arm, and wouldnt start on 99% of the teams.

Ozze cant wait to emasculate the offense next year in the name of speed. Its one thing to get a fast guy who has a nice line drive swing, takes pitches, and maybe can swipe a base or two. But he will go for the guy who cant hit, is fast, but never gets on, and is basically a paper tiger up at the top of the lineup.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 09:32 PM)

I can assure you 100% that their absence from the White Sox roster has nothing to do with this team finishing in 3rd place in the AL Central.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 02:34 AM)
Jerry Owens in CF. Ozzie is getting his sneak peak of his leadoff guy, who cant hit his way out of a paper bag, has no arm, and wouldnt start on 99% of the teams.

Ozze cant wait to emasculate the offense next year in the name of speed. Its one thing to get a fast guy who has a nice line drive swing, takes pitches, and maybe can swipe a base or two. But he will go for the guy who cant hit, is fast, but never gets on, and is basically a paper tiger up at the top of the lineup.

Jerry Owens is a terrible hitter...if he's starting for us in the outfield, we're going to get 4th place in the AL Central. I'd much rather we sign Juan Pierre than to give Owens the chance to start.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 09:34 PM)
speaking of extremely hot wives that love the sox http://forums.di.fm/member.php?u=33561

Amen brother...!!! & we wont win again consistently until we find those type of players again!

Yup we are losing this year because of a bad 3 hold hitting DH, who was so bad he got lifted from the 3 hole spot a week before the playoffs started.

And then Rowand, the stats prove you wrong, but your love of him in your mind proves you right.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 02:35 AM)
I love how people thought Boone would be good back at the start of the season. Kid needs more time in AA or A.

His presence on the Sox this year has done nothing but hurt us. His inability to get a few outs on that Saturday night win against the Indians really hurt us, as it forced MacDougal to have to pitch consecutive games and not be available for 4 games.