Heart

BigNDfan80

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's losses such as tonight which only reinforces my position that I don't care how they finish this season.

For the sake of entertainment, I'd rather they lose if it means more AB's -- or withour pitchers, more opportunities -- for prospects within our system.

Criticize me again, but games such as tonight make it clear their heads are looking past October 1. Why should I care what they do if they themselves don't?

Guillen's post-game comments: "Players should feel embarrassed for how they played. Way they played tonight was real pathetic."

Edited by Flash Tizzle

I saw this on the SOX message board and it really pissed me off. Wjat the heack happened to the heart of this team, and what happened to Ozzie, i never thought he would let this happen

Orel Hershiser was on Baseball Tonight talking about the Sox (He did the Tigers game last night on ESPN). He mentioned that it disturbed him to see the clubhouse atmosphere and it wasn't what he'd expected out of the defending world champs....he said he noticed players making offseason plans, signs up about cleaning out lockers, etc. This was very disturbing to me considering they are not yet mathmatically eliminated

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 10:04 PM)
Is he just figuring this out? That describes their effort in most games since the ASB.

STOP USING WORDS LIKE "EFFORT" AND "HEART" AND "THEY DONT CARE (ok thats a sentence)"

These guys care, they just suck. It's their job to care.

Unless you can prove to me that they are not giving any "effort" you cant say that.

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 10:34 PM)
Orel Hershiser was on Baseball Tonight talking about the Sox (He did the Tigers game last night on ESPN). He mentioned that it disturbed him to see the clubhouse atmosphere and it wasn't what he'd expected out of the defending world champs....he said he noticed players making offseason plans, signs up about cleaning out lockers, etc. This was very disturbing to me considering they are not yet mathmatically eliminated

But......I thought Guillen would never allow that to happen?

You know, he'd just make everyone laugh and joke, then they'd suddenly begin clicking as a team.

QUOTE(RX Bandits @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 03:39 AM)
STOP USING WORDS LIKE "EFFORT" AND "HEART" AND "THEY DONT CARE (ok thats a sentence)"

These guys care, they just suck. It's their job to care.

Unless you can prove to me that they are not giving any "effort" you cant say that.

Ok...Scott Podsednik not running all the way to 3rd base on a stolen base attempt in a crucial game. AJP watching a ball off the bat, and not hustling into 2nd base in that same game. Those are two great examples of players not giving 100 pct effort during crunch time.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 03:40 AM)
But......I thought Guillen would never allow that to happen?

You know, he'd just make everyone laugh and joke, then they'd suddenly begin clicking as a team.

I honestly wonder how well he gets along with these players now. We've all heard rumors, but I wonder how much respect the core guys have for Ozzie.

I saw that too. He said there was a sign with info for the players about shipping their cars home.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 10:44 PM)
I saw that too. He said there was a sign with info for the players about shipping their cars home.

If this is true then I blame the whole orginization fro JR all the way down to the batboys. That's just accepting losing. This team really let me down this year, after the year they had last year, and now to just be going through the motions is bull s**t. This team gave up!!! I wonder what our team captain has to say about this. Probably nothing as usual. The whole second half this team has had a lackadsical attitude like they could care less. Yet us fans continue to support them and hope they can make it to the postseason, only to find out, they are making plans for as soon as the season ends to get outta town. I'm disgusted with the whole orginization!!!

I honestly wonder how well he gets along with these players now. We've all heard rumors, but I wonder how much respect the core guys have for Ozzie.

i think there is a rift between ozzie and PK. ozzie talks about being embarrassed after tonights performance. PK thinks this team is giving 100% and is NOT embarrassed.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 09:50 PM)
I suppose this is the post game thread.

Same s***, different day with this team. Not too upset about it, though. Since I've conditioned myself to except losses from yesterday onwards, I can only laugh at games such as tonight where we yet again embarrass ourselves on the field.

Of course you aren't.. you've said it yourself, you are rooting against this team.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 03:15 PM)
Felix, what exactly is your problem? I don't think Tizzle is rooting against this team. This team has shown nothing for over 3 months now. Why expect anything from them?

I suppose because high expectattions were placed on this team from day 1, and they haven't lived up to that.

Either way you know KW is not going to sit there and take this. There are going to be wholesale changes made, from the rotation to the bullpen and the lineup.

Obviously the mix they have in there is not working at the moment.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 12:15 AM)
Felix, what exactly is your problem? I don't think Tizzle is rooting against this team. This team has shown nothing for over 3 months now. Why expect anything from them?

"I'm honestly hoping for elimination as quick as possible so we can watch Fields/Sweeney. "

"Hey, you can contine sporting your superfan outfit and suggesting we "DON'T STOP BELIEVIN'" but I see no difference in how the season ends. Whether it's winning 8 of 10 or losing 10 straight.

Hell, improve our draft position while we're at it. A good losing streak can help our position 4-5 spots!!!!"

"I'll root for a Vazquez blowup if it means the remaining games are full of young prospects. "

If thats not rooting against them, then I don't know what is.

I saw this on the SOX message board and it really pissed me off. Wjat the heack happened to the heart of this team, and what happened to Ozzie, i never thought he would let this happen

I can't even begin to tell you how bad this pisses me off if it's true. But on the other hand...it makes sense. Seems like they wrote it off a month ago. Geezus....left the yound kids play the rest of the season then if the core has a s*** attitude.