Something to Play for

Pants Rowland

As much as they play the game right, I hate the Twins and their high school fans. I would like nothing more than to see them bounced in the ALDS. Barring a miracle pushing the Sox to the postseason, I would like nothing more than the Sox smacking the Twins around up at the roller dome and keeping them from taking the division. The Twins are brutal against the Yankees. Setting them up for a three and out would be nice considering how many times they have broken the Sox hearts in 4 of the last 5 seasons.

Well, considering that the SOX will be eliminated from the playoffs on 9/26 (as previously predicted)

I see the Twins resting their staff the rest of the week to get ready for the playoffs. Twins vs. Yankees is a real possibility, but if Santana is going game 1, in a short series ? Im thinking Twinks take that series.

Book it.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
Well, considering that the SOX will be eliminated from the playoffs on 9/26 (as previously predicted)

I see the Twins resting their staff the rest of the week to get ready for the playoffs. Twins vs. Yankees is a real possibility, but if Santana is going game 1, in a short series ? Im thinking Twinks take that series.

Book it.

Santana got hit hard his only start against NY this year. With that lineup, it doesn't matter who the Twinks throw at them. NY is going to be damned tough to beat in the postseason and will run right over minny.

I want the Twinks eliminated first round because Nick Punto and Jason Tyner are pussies. I can't stand Yankee fans. If the A's win it's another 5 years of hearing about freakin' Moneyball. I REALLY don't like DET but I would like seeing another team from the ALC win the championship....so I've got to root for DET.

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 03:27 PM)
Santana got hit hard his only start against NY this year. With that lineup, it doesn't matter who the Twinks throw at them. NY is going to be damned tough to beat in the postseason and will run right over minny.

I want the Twinks eliminated first round because Nick Punto and Jason Tyner are pussies. I can't stand Yankee fans. If the A's win it's another 5 years of hearing about freakin' Moneyball. I REALLY don't like DET but I would like seeing another team from the ALC win the championship....so I've got to root for DET.

That is the scenario I like best. I would not mind seeing Detroit win it all this year. The only drawback is the seasoning a long playoff run will give them for next year. However, it did not seem to help the Sox too much this year.

I'm rooting for the Yankees over Minnesota or Detroit. It they win, it'll be like what, their 27th World Series title? Big deal, who friggin' cares anymore? If the Tigers or Twins win it, we'll no longer be the only AL central team with a semi-recent championship under our belts, and 2005 bragging rights are nullified against their fans.

Of course, Go A's!

Edited by Sox It To Em

I don't know if I can bring myself to root for any of the AL playoff teams. I loathe the Twins, I dislike most of the Tigers' players, and I loathe the A's almost as much as I loathe the Twins.

In fact, I dislike the Yankees the least of the bunch! This is not to say that I'll root for them, either. I don't want my father to disown me. But still, I'd almost rather see them win than any of the other teams.

I think I'm going to pull for the NL team, although we know that's a futile gesture.

QUOTE(Balance @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 05:26 PM)
I don't know if I can bring myself to root for any of the AL playoff teams. I loathe the Twins, I dislike most of the Tigers' players, and I loathe the A's almost as much as I loathe the Twins.

In fact, I dislike the Yankees the least of the bunch! This is not to say that I'll root for them, either. I don't want my father to disown me. But still, I'd almost rather see them win than any of the other teams.

I think I'm going to pull for the NL team, although we know that's a futile gesture.

Every once in a while I find that I dislike an AL team so much that I am indifferent to the result of the World Series. In years past, it was typically the Indians I had trouble cheering on. This year, unless Detroit makes it (I really do not mind them), I will be doing something other than watching the World Series.

I absolutely loathe the Twins and don't like the Tigers much. Big Frank is on the A's and nothing would please me more than to see the Big Hurt murder those two teams in the playoffs. If it's a NY/Oak ALCS, same deal. Although, I don't hate the Yankees as most people do since Jeter's a classy player and A-Rod gave the Sox props for winning the title last yr.