Official Ryan Sweeney and Josh Fields time...

skysox

I'd start Charlie, Brandon, who else we got to start?

p.s. did you see Oz's quote about Jose C's injury? Oz joked about him being

90 years old. Is this another guy who has lied about his age?

We should consider dumping Jose and signing Moyer.

Is Kenny Rogers available or did he sign a long term in Det?

QUOTE(Big Hurtin @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 11:03 PM)
Who wants to bet that Ozzie plays a pretty much everyday lineup tomorrow?

some guys have incentive clauses if they get to various milestones....besides 6 games at teh end of the year against the indians AAAers and probably the twins AAAers wont tell us much about our youngsters...so im ok if ozzie has the everyday lineup out there...especially against the twins, cuz i want them to end up with teh WC and not division

QUOTE(daa84 @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 11:06 PM)
some guys have incentive clauses if they get to various milestones....besides 6 games at teh end of the year against the indians AAAers and probably the twins AAAers wont tell us much about our youngsters...so im ok if ozzie has the everyday lineup out there...especially against the twins, cuz i want them to end up with teh WC and not division

So it's OK to put the core players out there for next year's team and put them at any sort of risk for injury? It's just not smart to play them, especially Crede and Thome, when there's nothing on the line.

Putting out Fields, Sweeney, Owens, and whoever else works out extremely well. The Indians team on the field now will probably be similar to the team they will put out next year, and Minnesota's still fighting for home field advantage, as well as not having to go to New York. Both teams will play their regulars. That's pretty much good experience for the young players, even if it's only for 5 games. Also, by putting them out there, you are putting them at any risk for injury, rather than Thome, Crede, Pierzynski, Dye, Konerko, etc. It sounds a bit cruel, but prospects can be replaced within the organization pretty easily, whereas it's a little more costly to bring in .300 hitting catchers, .300 30 100, GG defensive 3Bman, and 40+ homer players at any position.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Sep 26, 2006 -> 04:06 AM)

the twins are playing all starters they still got something to play for :bang

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Sep 26, 2006 -> 11:07 AM)
1) Ozuna- 2B

2) Cintron- SS

3) Gload- 1B

4) Anderson- CF

5) Mackowiak-DH

6) Fields- 3B

7) Sweeney- LF

8) Owens- RF

9) Stewart- C

Not much pop there, maybe they'd finally be forced to try some hit-and-run plays or steal some bases.

Anderson would be the "masher" on that team, with 8 bombs.

:D

QUOTE(daa84 @ Sep 26, 2006 -> 07:33 PM)
ive said it before...i want 0 part of chris stewart near the big league team next year...

I definitely agree. We need a back-up catcher who can bat righty and have a chance against tough lefties like Johan, Liriano, and C.C. I definitely don't want to see Stewart get that role next year, and we better not bring back Sandy.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 10:44 PM)
Is Kenny Rogers available or did he sign a long term in Det?

Ive been wanting the SOX to sign Rogers for quite some time. He was available in 2003, 2004, and 2005 I believe, and the SOX each time took passes on him.

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Sep 26, 2006 -> 11:07 AM)
1) Ozuna- 2B

2) Cintron- SS

3) Gload- 1B

4) Anderson- CF

5) Mackowiak-DH

6) Fields- 3B

7) Sweeney- LF

8) Owens- RF

9) Stewart- C

man, that would empty out the Cell quick