VETERANS DAY.

NUKE_CLEVELAND

I KNOW THAT EVERYONE IN HERE IS NOT EXACTLY PRO-MILITARY BUT ON THIS VETERANS DAY I ASK THAT YOU ALL TAKE A MOMENT OUT OF YOUR BUSY DAYS (WHICH SHOULDN'T BE SO BUSY SINCE MOST OF YOU ARENT WORKING OR IN SCHOOL TODAY) TO BOW YOUR HEADS AND GIVE THANKS TO THE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF MEN AND WOMEN , PAST AND PRESENT, WHO HAVE SERVED IN OUR NATIONS ARMED FORCES FOR THE AWESOME SACRIFICES THEY HAVE MADE AND ARE CONTINUING TO MAKE FOR OUR GREAT COUNTRY.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

I KNOW THAT EVERYONE IN HERE IS NOT EXACTLY PRO-MILITARY BUT ON THIS VETERANS DAY I ASK THAT YOU ALL TAKE A MOMENT OUT OF YOUR BUSY DAYS (WHICH SHOULDN'T BE SO BUSY SINCE MOST OF YOU ARENT WORKING OR IN SCHOOL TODAY) TO BOW YOUR HEADS AND GIVE THANKS TO THE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF MEN AND WOMEN , PAST AND PRESENT, WHO HAVE SERVED IN OUR NATIONS ARMED FORCES FOR THE AWESOME SACRIFICES THEY HAVE MADE AND ARE CONTINUING TO MAKE FOR OUR GREAT COUNTRY.

Amen.

Holy s***, stop the goddamn presses. I actually agree with Nuke.

Originally posted by Cerbaho-WG

I did bow my head, but then I thought some more and became disgusted.

P.S...... after that comment, I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire you ungrateful f***. Go to France and live amongst all the others who seem to forget all of our grandfathers, grandmothers, great-grandfathers, and great-grandmothers who lost their lives defending freedom..... whether your sorry ass excuse for a life believes they deserve thanks or not. Drop dead asshole :****

Yeah that was really a f***tarded thing to say. Regardless of what you think of our government's foreign policy, when people are drafted they have to go....so you can just go f*** yourself and remember why you're allowed to be so retarded without being killed.

November 11, 1918...Armistice Day for WW I - The War to End All Wars

It was meant as a means for us to remember peace and promoting peace.

It wasn't until years after WW 2 that it became Veterans' Day to remember all those that died in warfare. Romanticizing warfare is not good for any person.

It is incredibly sad that these people did have to die. However, it is also incredibly sad that instead of using this day to promote peace we are fed a romanticized version of warfare to continue using the blood of our soldiers to grease the US war machine.

It is high time that we remember promotion of peace...bombs, missiles, and violent militaristic interventions don't create victors, just victims.

Aggression today...WW 3 tomorrow. Peace today....peace tomorrow. Our new militaristic interventions will not END terrorism, we will just create a new generation of terrorists that hate what the US stands for because their families were killed by American bombs.

November 11, let's remember the actual meaning of the day...peace.

Originally posted by Spiff

Yeah that was really a f***tarded thing to say. Regardless of what you think of our government's foreign policy, when people are drafted they have to go....so you can just go f*** yourself and remember why you're allowed to be so retarded without being killed.

I DONT NEED TO ADD ANYTHING TO THAT ONE. LET HIM GO LIVE IN CHINA & SEE HOW MUCH THEY WOULD APPRECIATE HIS s***HEAD ATTITUDE OVER THERE.

Originally posted by Spiff

I DONT NEED TO ADD ANYTHING TO THAT ONE. LET HIM GO LIVE IN CHINA & SEE HOW MUCH THEY WOULD APPRECIATE HIS s***HEAD ATTITUDE OVER THERE.

Nuke, it's depressing and outrageous that we ask any of our people to die. Warfare is a vice of society, yet it seemingly is increasing used by various nations as it's first line of diplomacy. (i.e. India threatening to nuke Pakistan over a small area of land)

It is sad that we have to have ANY person die. Gandhi beat one of the most powerful military powers without using a single gun.

I think if we reflected on that, and tried to figure a way to accomplish something aside from dicksmacking foreign powers with our mighty militaristic phallic symbol, we could spend less money on military...and think the bombs may kill this generation of terrorists and those people we don't agree with...but their children will grow up with a hatred of the US for killing their families...and we have a new generation of terror.

To further augment: I became disgusted over the tremendous loss of life. Why you people are so quick to assume that I go out and hate everythign American is simply idiotic.

Again, for all the shallow minded, I was disgusted at the loss of life. READ IT!

Originally posted by sideshowapu

November 11, 1918...Armistice Day for WW I - The War to End All Wars

It was meant as a means for us to remember peace and promoting peace.

It wasn't until years after WW 2 that it became Veterans' Day to remember all those that died in warfare.  Romanticizing warfare is not good for any person.

It is incredibly sad that these people did have to die.  However, it is also incredibly sad that instead of using this day to promote peace we are fed a romanticized version of warfare to continue using the blood of our soldiers to grease the US war machine.

It is high time that we remember promotion of peace...bombs, missiles, and violent militaristic interventions don't create victors, just victims.

Aggression today...WW 3 tomorrow.  Peace today....peace tomorrow.  Our new militaristic interventions will not END terrorism, we will just create a new generation of terrorists that hate what the US stands for because their families were killed by American bombs.

November 11, let's remember the actual meaning of the day...peace.

Good points, apu...

It's all about peace...

I am grateful for our veterans and for their sacrifices that enable me to lead such an easy life. That's why I'm so vehemently liberal... I want to extent the blessing I have to EVERYONE.

Guest hotsoxchick1

thank you nuke for that thoughtful post, a big AMEN to your kind words.... and you are in my prayers as you ready yourself for your upcoming duties......GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU SAFE.............

To further augment: I became disgusted over the tremendous loss of life. Why you people are so quick to assume that I go out and hate everythign American is simply idiotic.

Again, for all the shallow minded, I was disgusted at the loss of life. READ IT!

I did read it jagoff. Next time, type what you mean. What you typed didn't even come close to your above explanations. :****

Originally posted by CubKilla

I did read it jagoff. Next time, type what you mean. What you typed didn't even come close to your above explanations. :****

I added onto it because everyone just started bashing me.

Again, thanks for assuming, it really brightens my day.

to our liberal buddies who have a problem with their so called "romancizing"war all i have to say is get your head out of your asses and wake up...

we all wish to live in a world were the birds our singing..a little deer is taking a drink by the brook next to a beautiful meadow with all kinds of wildflowers...where you can lay down in soft field of grass and listen to the brook running by while you look at the clouds and a gentle breeze is wafting over your body...

but most of us come back to the real world...where there are plenty of bad guys, both foriegn and domestic , who would love to do nothing more than put a serious hurting on the rest of us...as far as the US pissing off the rest of the world..screw um...cant you see that no matter what america does it will be twisted to further their agenda???...if we use military might they say we are bullying them..if we turn the other cheek we are weak and must be destroyed...you cant win with the crazy friggin arabs...because they hate everything america stands...

anyone who has served in the military does anything but romanticize war...most of the people "romanticizing" never served...friend of mine collects military artifacts...showed me a bayonet he had...was going on about how beautiful it was...i didnt see beauty..i saw an object that probably caused some poor son of a b**** a hell of alot of pain...

those who served have no romantic ideas about war...war is one thing...thats a place anyone who is there cant wait to get out of...a place no one in their right mind would want to be..but so many before us went to places like that not for themselves but for their fellow countrymen...putting the welfare of others ahead of their own...

freedom doesnt come cheap and it isnt free...there arnt enough words for me to express my gratitude to those that understand that and did their part because they believed what this country stands for was also worth sacrificing for...

Originally posted by baggio202

to our liberal buddies who have a problem with their so called "romancizing"war all i have to say is get your head out of your asses and wake up...

we all wish to live in a world were the birds our singing..a little deer is taking a drink by the brook next to a beautiful meadow with all kinds of wildflowers...where you can lay down in soft field of grass and listen to the brook running by while you look at the clouds and a gentle breeze is wafting over your body...

but most of us come back to the real world...where there are plenty of bad guys, both foriegn and domestic , who would love to do nothing more than put a serious hurting on the rest of us...as far as the US pissing off the rest of the world..screw um...cant you see that no matter what america does it will be twisted to further their agenda???...if we use military might they say we are bullying them..if we turn the other cheek we are weak and must be destroyed...you cant win with the crazy friggin arabs...because they hate everything america stands...

anyone who has served in the military does anything but romanticize war...most of the people "romanticizing" never served...friend of mine collects military artifacts...showed me a bayonet he had...was going on about how beautiful it was...i didnt see beauty..i saw an object that  probably caused some poor son  of a b**** a hell of alot of pain...

those who served have no romantic ideas about war...war is one thing...thats a place anyone who is there cant wait to get out of...a place no one in their right mind would want to be..but so many before us went to places like that not for themselves but for their fellow countrymen...putting the welfare of others ahead of their own...

freedom doesnt come cheap and it isnt free...there arnt enough words for me to express my gratitude to those that understand that and did their part because they believed what this country stands for was also worth sacrificing for...

Baggs, you're telling me that our media DOESN'T attempt to romanticize war as "the manly thing to do" and what not?

And the reason that most people in the world don't like us is because of our PAST militaristic interventions in areas. It takes a big man to bomb s*** to oblivion...it takes a bigger man to say there is a bigger way and making that work.

War is s***...think about the people who died in Vietnam. What did their blood spillage accomplish? Why did the US ask so many of our citizens to die?

The blood of citizens all over the world has been spilled for the selfish interests of their nation-states. Imperialism, colonialism, oil, natural resources, the spread of their spheres of influence.

I understand the need for a military for DEFENSE. I am not completely oblivious to the fact that in the past there have been violent sociopaths that have needed to be stopped (i.e. Imperialist Germany and Japan during WW 2). However, if we did not use pre-emption, CIA tactics, etc. Even a past Marine Commandant admits that we used our militaristic arm to push forward American business interests...his retirement speech consisted of every operation where Marines were involved. He gave the casualty list and then named off the US corporations which this involvement helped.

Originally posted by sideshowapu
Originally posted by baggio202

anyone who has served in the military does anything but romanticize war...most of the people "romanticizing" never served...friend of mine collects military artifacts...showed me a bayonet he had...was going on about how beautiful it was...i didnt see beauty..i saw an object that  probably caused some poor son  of a b**** a hell of alot of pain...

Baggs, you're telling me that our media DOESN'T attempt to romanticize war as "the manly thing to do" and what not?

And the reason that most people in the world don't like us is because of our PAST militaristic interventions in areas. It takes a big man to bomb s*** to oblivion...it takes a bigger man to say there is a bigger way and making that work.

War is s***...think about the people who died in Vietnam. What did their blood spillage accomplish? Why did the US ask so many of our citizens to die?

The blood of citizens all over the world has been spilled for the selfish interests of their nation-states. Imperialism, colonialism, oil, natural resources, the spread of their spheres of influence.

I understand the need for a military for DEFENSE. I am not completely oblivious to the fact that in the past there have been violent sociopaths that have needed to be stopped (i.e. Imperialist Germany and Japan during WW 2). However, if we did not use pre-emption, CIA tactics, etc. Even a past Marine Commandant admits that we used our militaristic arm to push forward American business interests...his retirement speech consisted of every operation where Marines were involved. He gave the casualty list and then named off the US corporations which this involvement helped.

HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD THE PHRASE "THE BEST DEFENSE IS A GOOD OFFENSE"? IT IS SO TRUE IN THIS WACKY WORLD WE LIVE IN TODAY. WE CAN NO LONGER WAIT FOR TIN POT DICTATORS TO DO SOMETHING TO US BEFORE WE RESPOND. WE CANNOT AFFORD ANOTHER WTC-TYPE ATTACK OR WORSE. USING MILITARY FORCE TO PRE-EMPT SUCH ATTACKS BEFORE THEY HAPPEN IS THE BEST WAY TO GO.

WITH THE WEAPONRY & HIGHLY TRAINED SOLDIERS WE HAVE WE CAN GET THE JOB DONE MOST ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD QUICKLY AND PAINLESSLY (FOR THE US THAT IS ). FOR THIS REASON THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR US NOT TO ACT IF WE HAVE REASON TO BELIEVE THAT SOME COUNTRY OR FACTION WITHIN A COUNTRY IS A THREAT TO US.

HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD THE PHRASE "THE BEST DEFENSE IS A GOOD OFFENSE"?  IT IS SO TRUE IN THIS WACKY WORLD WE LIVE IN TODAY.  WE CAN NO LONGER WAIT FOR TIN POT DICTATORS TO DO SOMETHING TO US BEFORE WE RESPOND.  WE CANNOT AFFORD ANOTHER WTC-TYPE ATTACK OR WORSE.  USING MILITARY FORCE TO PRE-EMPT SUCH ATTACKS BEFORE THEY HAPPEN IS THE BEST WAY TO GO.

WITH THE WEAPONRY & HIGHLY TRAINED SOLDIERS WE HAVE WE CAN GET THE JOB DONE MOST ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD QUICKLY AND PAINLESSLY (FOR THE US THAT IS ).  FOR THIS REASON THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR US NOT TO ACT IF WE HAVE REASON TO BELIEVE THAT SOME COUNTRY OR FACTION WITHIN A COUNTRY IS A  THREAT TO US.

A threat to us, or their own people. Jesus Christ, look at what Saddam has done to his people, testing chemical weapons on them etc. 100% voter turnout and they all vote for him? Does that sound like a society that should be left alone? He f***s around with the U.N., he says he'll let weapon inspectors in then he says no. It's not like Bush is alone in this. He is waiting to see if a deal is reached and carried out with Hussein and the UN, but he's said that he won't sit back and let him stockpile weapons to use against us or anyone else. And people come back with this "OH he only wants to make sure he gets oil". To that I say shut the f*** up.