Terrell Owens Attempts Suicide

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 12:27 PM)
I think in this case, all the attention given to it is justified. A superstar athlete attempted suicide. That's enormous news.

And I, for one, can believe that he actually tried to kill himself. When you think about it, he does seem to be insecure or unbalanced or something. It's sad, really.

Agreed. This is nothing about attention. And to coin this as such or a joke is pretty classless.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 10:09 AM)
Maybe it's me, but if he really tried to kill himself last night, then would they really just let him leave this morning after having to get his stomach pumped?

If he didn't commit a crime, which I believe he didn't as far as I can tell, then I don't know how a hospital could actually force him to stay.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 05:11 PM)
If he didn't commit a crime, which I believe he didn't as far as I can tell, then I don't know how a hospital could actually force him to stay.

If he really ingested as many pills as has been rumored, you would think they'd want to observe him a little more. I definitely think he tried to harm himself, but I don't believe the 35 pill rumor is correct.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 10:14 AM)
The report on yahoo said he took 5, and then attempted to take two more. I think it's horrible that some of you would consider this to be an attempt to grab attention, thats insane guys, faking an attempted suiced, please, this is hardly a joke.

Make sense next time. First of all I said that he said he intended to hurt himself, secondly, 7 painkillers would not warrant a stomach pump, especially from a guy of his size.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 12:09 PM)
Maybe it's me, but if he really tried to kill himself last night, then would they really just let him leave this morning after having to get his stomach pumped?

Yes, I have seen that happen before.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 10:13 AM)
If he really ingested as many pills as has been rumored, you would think they'd want to observe him a little more. I definitely think he tried to harm himself, but I don't believe the 35 pill rumor is correct.

They may want to, but if a patient wants to leave, then there are a some situatinos where a hospital can't force he or she to stay. I don't know Texas law well enough to know if that's the case here.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 05:31 PM)
Now the news conference is at 2:15. Why all the delays?

Now it's at 3:15. He is denying conversation with Michael Irvin. Why would Irvin lie about talking to TO?

Irvin and Sanders have claimed to talk with TO today, and they both said TO told them that he didn't try to kill himself.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)
Irvin and Sanders have claimed to talk with TO today, and they both said TO told them that he didn't try to kill himself.

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought I heard the guy on sportscenter say that he was denying talking to them at all.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 12:21 PM)
They may want to, but if a patient wants to leave, then there are a some situatinos where a hospital can't force he or she to stay. I don't know Texas law well enough to know if that's the case here.

I do know that hospitals in at least some states can hold someone for a short period (usually something like 48 hours) against their will if they demonstrably represent grave harm to themselves or others.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 12:07 PM)
Now the press conference is at 1:30 from what I heard. I still have power here and it's 7 minutes passed the time they said it would be off.

Parcels is going to talk at 2:30 est. Owens at 3:15 est.

Edited by mreye

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 09:55 AM)
So you can like get arrested for attempted murder on yourself? If that's the case then youshould to take precautions to get the job done right!

Yep,

The first time I heard that I did a double take. You can actually get arrested for trying to kill yourself but then it was explained to me that it was used to get the victim help not to throw them in the slammer.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 01:06 PM)
Yep,

The first time I heard that I did a double take. You can actually get arrested for trying to kill yourself but then it was explained to me that it was used to get the victim help not to throw them in the slammer.

You are correct that suicide and/or an attempt of it is a crime in some states, but Texas isn't one of them, so T.O. wouldn't face an arrest or anything for this down there.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 02:19 PM)
T.O. Will speak at 2:30 CT.

If T.O. is going to speak himself, I can't imagine that he actually tried suicide. Anybody that had just attempted suicide would be counseled to be taken out of the spotlight for their own mental health.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)
If T.O. is going to speak himself, I can't imagine that he actually tried suicide. Anybody that had just attempted suicide would be counseled to be taken out of the spotlight for their own mental health.

Regardless, I wouldn't expect anyone to confirm such in this kind of situation.

Just ended, basically he said he didn't try and commit suicide and that it was just an allergic reaction to the pills. His publicist (who was with him at the time of the incident) backed the story up saying it was completely false and the only reason she called the cops is because he looked out of it...who knows what really happened.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 02:23 PM)

And TO is so good at taking advice.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 02:54 PM)
Just ended, basically he said he didn't try and commit suicide and that it was just an allergic reaction to the pills. His publicist (who was with him at the time of the incident) backed the story up saying it was completely false and the only reason she called the cops is because he looked out of it...who knows what really happened.

Sorry TO, but I'll take the word of the paramedic and the cop over you and your publicist. You may or may not have been serious about it, but... allergic reaction my a**.