NYC trying to ban trans fats in restaurants.

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 29, 2006 -> 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heck there is still a flat earth society in exsistance who believe all of the lunar landings are faked and have "proof" to back them up.

Actually they have an episode on that as well. Pretty good stuff

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 29, 2006 -> 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally I would tend to side with the vast majority of science and research on a project vs someone Penn and Teller dug up for ratings.

Even if it was completely made up by scientists? The courts dismissed the whole study because it was faked.

If they were doing the show just for ratings, why would they put it on SHOWTIME? :bang

Watch the show yourself, be objective, and make your own conclusions.

I hate smoking, I don't like smelling like "the bar," but I don't like it when Governments control businesses and base it on pre-deteremined conclusions.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 29, 2006 -> 11:50 PM)
Actually they have an episode on that as well. Pretty good stuff

Even if it was completely made up by scientists? The courts dismissed the whole study because it was faked.

If they were doing the show just for ratings, why would they put it on SHOWTIME? :bang

Watch the show yourself, be objective, and make your own conclusions.

I hate smoking, I don't like smelling like "the bar," but I don't like it when Governments control businesses and base it on pre-deteremined conclusions.

Ah good advice. There are plenty of studies about this stuff, why is the "faked" one the only one that matters? There have been tons of studys that link smoking and all of its affects. Focusing on one at the expense of the others is a gross mischaracterization of the scientific field of knowledge at hand here. Besides with the lawyers that tabacco companies have on retainer, if this were 100% true, they would have never lost a case, let alone settled with the government.

That particular one has the most focus because it was the first big study to come out (1992 IIRC) and it was put out by the EPA. The study is still referenced to when groups like the American Cancer Society talk about how many people die from second hand smoke.

How come everyone who grew up in the 50's and 60's isn't dead or have lung cancer? People smoked everywhere.