Sox "Tired" excused from last yr's postseason

Allsox

All yr long, we've read and heard in papers and talk shows that the Sox are "tired" still from playing an extra month last yr. Well, the NL Champion Houston Astros (Who played more games in Oct than the Sox did) have won 9 consecutive games and are 1/2 game back of Division leader St. Louis. Granted, they're playing in the NL, which is barely a step-up from Triple A but funny how I haven't heard a word from them about being tired from last yr's playoffs to make the run they're on right now :angry:

QUOTE(Allsox @ Sep 29, 2006 -> 10:18 AM)
All yr long, we've read and heard in papers and talk shows that the Sox are "tired" still from playing an extra month last yr. Well, the NL Champion Houston Astros (Who played more games in Oct than the Sox did) have won 9 consecutive games and are 1/2 game back of Division leader St. Louis. Granted, they're playing in the NL, which is barely a step-up from Triple A but funny how I haven't heard a word from them about being tired from last yr's playoffs to make the run they're on right now :angry:

If the White Sox were in the NL Central we would have had a clinching party by now.

Your argument is flawed.

Funny thing: White Sox had 5 starters (4 from last year) with 30+ starts and 196 or more innings pitched.

Still would have won the NL Central walking away.

Astros: Two pitchers with 30+ starts and more than 196 innings. Roger Clemens took off over half a season, and the next highest innings pitched is 135. AND, they are barely over .500, spending much of the season under .500

QUOTE(Allsox @ Sep 29, 2006 -> 10:53 PM)
Least the Astros went down into the final weekend fighting with no excuses, more than anyone can say for the play of the White Sox the last 3 weeks.

They're like 3 games over .500. They're not that good. This has been one of the more pathetic year's in recent NL history. As bad as the Sox were, and they were indeed bad, they would've won like 103 games if they were in the NL.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Sep 30, 2006 -> 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The White Sox will finish with the 6th best record in baseball and not make the playoffs.

Whoever wins the NL Central will probably have the 13th best record in baseball and make the playoffs.

Please stop. I'm getting nauseous.

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)
The Twins looked tired the last two days.

Pathetic effort.

If they were gonna play like that, why'd they even make the fricking playoffs?

We coulda done better.

Hey, man, it takes a special breed of ballclub to go 11-1 through the playoffs.

Can't fault those little piranha-shaped snack cakes for not being good enough to do that.

:D

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 05:05 PM)
Hey, man, it takes a special breed of ballclub to go 11-1 through the playoffs.

Can't fault those little piranha-shaped snack cakes for not being good enough to do that.

:D

I think our team would be mighty dangerous in the playoffs. You know damn right that the Yankees wanted us NOT to make it. The Twins and Tigers are demonstrating they really shouldn't be there. Can you guys believe that there are 5 out of 8 different teams in the post season this year. The Tigers, Twins and A's replace the White Sox, Angels and Red Sox. The Dodgers and Mets replace the Astros and Braves.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 01:35 PM)
I think our team would be mighty dangerous in the playoffs. You know damn right that the Yankees wanted us NOT to make it. The Twins and Tigers are demonstrating they really shouldn't be there. Can you guys believe that there are 5 out of 8 different teams in the post season this year. The Tigers, Twins and A's replace the White Sox, Angels and Red Sox. The Dodgers and Mets replace the Astros and Braves.

I agree with half of this statement.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 03:41 AM)
The NL was so pathetic this year that this thread should never have been started.

I don't think that was considered when this thread was started. like how the White Sox finished with 8 more wins than the Astros, but against better competition.

It probably is too simplistic a story for the Chicago papers to write about, but maybe whitesox.com's

writer could do a story on what exactly is the schedule for our "tired" pitchers this offseason.

Do they simply do nothing throwing wise from now until January?

Do they throw a little bit?

Admittedly I have no clue what guys do right after the season til spring training nears.

Do they completely shut it down???

Will Mark B even pick up a ball for the next 3 months??

Man ... there will be no tired excuse next year. Our boys have a lot of time to think about

how much they underachieved this season.