Question about DJ

Joel

I have been reading a lot of posts on here lately that are negative towards DJ. I would like to know why so many people don't like him. To me he has been one of our most consistant hitters all year (right up thier with Maggs). Yes I know he is only an average defender(But remember he is a natural SS and was in a major car accident that caused a major neck injury) and only an average baserunner(this is the only thing I can see people having a problem with because he is a middle IF and should know how to run the bases). But none of that deserves the treatment he has gotten from some fans over his play. Some of you make him sound like he is a .210 hitter who can't field or run the bases.

I have been reading a lot of posts on here lately that are negative towards DJ. I would like to know why so many people don't like him.  To me he has been one of our most consistant hitters all year (right up thier with Maggs).  Yes I know he is only an average defender(But remember he is a natural SS and was in a major car accident that caused a major neck injury) and only an average baserunner(this is the only thing I can see people having a problem with because he is a middle IF and should know how to run the bases).  But none of that deserves the treatment he has gotten from some fans over his play.  Some of you make him sound like he is a .210 hitter who can't field or run the bases.

He is lazy and lacks focus on the field. That is the problem that I have with him.

a side note: DJ to me is one of our tv broadcasters since he's been called that for a log time.

DLo as I call him on my scorecard is a lazy fielder from everything that I have seen, plus I hear things about his bad attitude in the club house and snippy things he has said to his team mates, and that only CLee and Frank's "break it up now asshole" presence in the clubhouse has kept the other 22 members of the team from killing DLo.

a side note: DJ to me is one of our tv broadcasters since he's been called that for a log time.

DLo as I call him on my scorecard is a lazy fielder from everything that I have seen, plus I hear things about his bad attitude in the club house and snippy things he has said to his team mates, and that only CLee and Frank's "break it up now asshole" presence in the clubhouse has kept the other 22 members of the team from killing DLo.

This could be true but unlike most of you I am unable to go to games because of where I live. So I can't comment on how his teamates think of him.

It has cost us runs.  When it becomes a negative, then it is lazy.  It would be a laid back attitude if he was playing hard when he needed to be.

I think that can be termed as lack of focus.

ANd honestly I think both go hand in hand.

It has cost us runs.  When it becomes a negative, then it is lazy.  It would be a laid back attitude if he was playing hard when he needed to be.

I am like you Joel and don't get to go to Comiskey and see the games. I have seen games on TV (ESPN, WGN and Fox NW). I have seen more than once what appears to be a lackadasical approach on the part of Jimenez when going after the ball. I have seen several errors that just shouldn't have occurred. Base running errors that just shouldn't have occurred. There have been commentators that indicate their impression of his fielding as being half-hearted and former teammates calling him lazy. That's what I have to base my opinion. I will be the first to say that I may be wrong. Possibly his style is laid back, but if so I would like to see some fire once in awhile. However, I don't know anything about his clubhouse demeanor and can't comment on that.

I was at a game In Baltimore and he chased down a foul ball, than rather than make a regular face the ball style catch, or a regular view over the shoulder--mitt in front of body basket catch, Jimenez decided to catch the ball with the mitt at his side. Of course the ball bounced out of the mitt. Thank you DLo, I dont' drive 4 hours to see a lazy ass effort.

Lets not forget the game in Oakland

It rubs the lotion on itself... It puts the lotion in the basket...

ROTFLMAO!!

Just watched it last night.

It'd be interesting to hear from Hawk or one of the baseball writers what the players think of Jiminez.

If he is lazy and a bad influence that would affect my opinion of him.

I do agree he doesn't deserve to be ripped too much for his hitting.

His average has been around .290 to .300 all year, right?

I plan to be closer to the team within the next year or so, then is when I'll make my judgement on Jimenez.

I don't think anyone can comment on him unless they know it for a fact. and I think it is funny how people "claim" to know people who hear all this bad stuff from the players on Jimenez. player's don't rip teammates that openly, and if they do, they are no better.

as far as Jimenez as a player, he's solid and APPEARS to be, as someone said, a laid back player.

You can get rid of Jimenez as soon as you find a second baseman and lead-off hitter to replace him.

Winning solves all problems; maybe some of these guys should shut their damn mouths (Frank Thomas, Esteban Loaiza, Magglio Ordonez excluded) until he starts playing to D'Angelo's level.

Guest hotsoxchick1
It rubs the lotion on itself... It puts the lotion in the basket...

ROTFLMAO!!

Just watched it last night.

omfg.. rotflmmfao...........it tries to rub the lotion on others as well... that doesnt go over too well though ......... :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1
I agree he needs to be more focused on the field.  But IMO I think his laid back style is mistaken for laziness.

i think that jm put it best in an article on mlb.com about jimenez..." hes not a play for life type of player"............to be fair and unbiased i would go with that assessment.... you honestly dont want to know what i really think of him.. jm put it mildly for me....... ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1
I'm am still in a "wait to see" mode as to whether Jiminez is an asset or liability to the club.  Still sitting on the fence on this guy.

we will put padding on the right side of the fence to break your fall ok..... :D