Spoilers or Door Mats?

SinkingShip06

Everytime something was expected of this team the second half they choked.

If they go into Minnesota actually trying to win 2/3 you know they'll fail.

I'm going with doormat. The immortal Boof Bonser is pitching game 1. Might as well be Santana with how this team gave up the last two weeks.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Sep 29, 2006 -> 06:01 PM)
We will win 1 of 3. I like the chances tonite with the way Freddy is pitching and they should be able to wack around Bonser. They have nothing to play for, the pressure is on Minny to take this series. IMO Minny is the team to beat in the AL this year.

Tonight Garcia Vs Boof Bonser, RHP (7-5, 4.15)

Saturday morning is Garland Vs Matt Garza, RHP (3-5, 5.32)

Sunday is Vazquez Vs Scott Baker, RHP (5-8, 6.37)

By the numbers, Boof is actually the best of the bunch. Just have to play the games and find out.

Maybe because in his opinion in his more than 20 years in baseball, Ozzie feels

Anderson is one big whiff. One big stiff.

Ozzie doesn't like him. What is so hard to understand about that.

Like it or not, the White Sox manager does not like Brian Anderson. I think

that by now is pretty apparent.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 29, 2006 -> 10:16 PM)
Maybe because in his opinion in his more than 20 years in baseball, Ozzie feels

Anderson is one big whiff. One big stiff.

Ozzie doesn't like him. What is so hard to understand about that.

Like it or not, the White Sox manager does not like Brian Anderson. I think

that by now is pretty apparent.

And that is just one of the many reasons why this team will not be making the playoffs this season, it's a shame really.

I'm not sure if BA's lack of play this season is that high on the list of why we didn't make the playoffs. I've puzzled over the why of it all for a while now, and the best I can come up with is the lopsided performance. Starting pitching without offense. Offense without pitching. Finally, of course, it was the pitching that finally ruined us. Joey Cora didn't help. And Ozzie's irrational managing of the pitching staff. God, it's so depressing.

I don't even know who to root for. I don't hate the Twins, never have. I do hate the Tigers, though not as much as the Yanks. Couldn't care less about the As, even with Frank. If I had to put money on it now, it would go on the Twins to go all the way.

QUOTE(ExpatNYC @ Sep 29, 2006 -> 10:55 PM)
I'm not sure if BA's lack of play this season is that high on the list of why we didn't make the playoffs. I've puzzled over the why of it all for a while now, and the best I can come up with is the lopsided performance. Starting pitching without offense. Offense without pitching. Finally, of course, it was the pitching that finally ruined us. Joey Cora didn't help. And Ozzie's irrational managing of the pitching staff. God, it's so depressing.

I don't even know who to root for. I don't hate the Twins, never have. I do hate the Tigers, though not as much as the Yanks. Couldn't care less about the As, even with Frank. If I had to put money on it now, it would go on the Twins to go all the way.

Horrible outfield defense (pods/Mack) may not be a top 3 reason why the Sox didn't make the postseason but it was a major contributing factor to 2006 Chicago White Sox post-AllStar Break suck fest.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Sep 29, 2006 -> 11:07 PM)
Spoiler? The Twins are in. We can't spoil a damn thing. They might actually be better off if they have to play the Yankees in a 5-game series.

And now it looks like Randy Johnson could miss the entire postseason ala Pedro, this only bodes well for the team that faces them in the first round.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 29, 2006 -> 11:59 PM)
Horrible outfield defense (pods/Mack) may not be a top 3 reason why the Sox didn't make the postseason but it was a major contributing factor to 2006 Chicago White Sox post-AllStar Break suck fest.

I agree with you, Kalapse. And I have always thought that Mack's offense never outweighed his defensive shortcomings, it's just that the number of blown plays don't outweigh the number of poor pitching performances, especially out of the bullpen.