KW to be on AM 1000 at 9:40

klaus kinski

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 2, 2006 -> 12:06 PM)
At this point, only way Josh is moved is if Crede gets locked up till 2010-2011.

Fields is a big key to this franchise right now. If we were to ship of Fields,now we are in the hands of Boras, and we could have a HUGE problem on our hands with not having anyone to fill the void at 3b if Joe were to leave, so we have to fork over ALOT of $$$$ to get Joe to stay.

Having Fields in the wings is nice to have, no doubt.

Having Fields there is definitely going to help, one way or another. I just hope it helps as leverage, and Crede convinces Boras to be only mildly awful to the Sox - and Crede gets a long term deal. I'm not saying that WILL happen, just that its what I HOPE happens.

What teams would be interested in Crede?

I think the Angels could possibly be one and if they were willing to talk a deal that involved Figgins and Kendrick, I'd be all ears. KW would probably also ask about Ervin Santana.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 2, 2006 -> 12:20 PM)
I recall KW sounding pretty confident about telling Jon or Contreras adios during last winter too. I don't have much reason to hold him entirely to his word, especially the day after our season ended.

It's one of his ways of negotiating.

As much as I like Crede, I also realize a couple of things about his situation.

1. We have a MLB ready 3B in the wings in Josh Fields.

2. He has an agent who could POSSIBLY get in the way of a long term deal being reached. Up to this point, we've been forced to go year by year with Crede. I don't really see a scenario where he wouldn't test the FA waters, possibly burning the Sox by taking huge money elsewhere.

3. The uncertainty of his back injuries. Will this continue to be a problem for as long as he plays if he chooses not to have the surgery?

4. His value may never be higher. This is by far the best season he's had and there's no guarantee he can do it again. He may continue to get better or he may go back to a .250 or .260 average. No one really knows.

So pretty much I like the leverage we have in this situation. If we can make a deal that makes sense as far as now and for in the future, we'll make it. Williams realizes this. Right now he is posturing for Crede to have the surgery. If he chooses not to, don't be surprised if the Sox shop around and see if a deal is out there.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 2, 2006 -> 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What teams would be interested in Crede?

I think the Angels could possibly be one and if they were willing to talk a deal that involved Figgins and Kendrick, I'd be all ears. KW would probably also ask about Ervin Santana.

Santana sucks donkey balls away from LAAAAAAAAA.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Oct 2, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
Why are you so confident he would be pitching well here?

2006 Away: 6-,6 5.95 ERA, 1.40 WHIP

Career away: 9-11 6.46 ERA, 1.53 WHIP

Why are you so confident he couldn't turn it around?

Just wondering.

I'd never be against acquiring a good young arm like Ervin. I think there's a reason that Anaheim wouldn't give him up for Carl Crawford.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 2, 2006 -> 12:47 PM)
So...I'm surprised no one has brought it up yet...

How did things go the last time a player for the White Sox took Scott Boras's advice on medical issues?

Good point. Maybe this time we could at least get honest answers when it comes to medical problems? Meh, I doubt it.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 2, 2006 -> 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why are you so confident he couldn't turn it around?

Just wondering.

I'd never be against acquiring a good young arm like Ervin. I think there's a reason that Anaheim wouldn't give him up for Carl Crawford.

Because frankly we don't have enough time to see if another one of our pitchers will "turn it around." We already have Garcia/Buehrle, Contreras and his health, Vazquez and his 6th inning, and now McCarthy will have to adjust to moving back into the rotation.

I wouldn't give up a guy like Crede, who is coming off of year like 2006, for someone like Ervin Santana.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 2, 2006 -> 01:05 PM)
Jon and Count also dont have Boras as an agent....

2006 was his 4th full year. He is 28 years old. I have a hard time saying Joe had a "career year." More like coming into his own.

And Jose only got a contract extension done when he took matters into his own hands and basically worked it out without his agent's assistance.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 2, 2006 -> 12:47 PM)
So...I'm surprised no one has brought it up yet...

How did things go the last time a player for the White Sox took Scott Boras's advice on medical issues?

It turned into a huge fiasco.

Ultimately, Ordonez became rich in Detroit and now is in the playoffs. He's standing, an All-Star, and doesn't appear to exhibit any of the long-term problems many on here thought. Including myself, for that matter. Sure had no problem hitting tatters off our pitching the last series in Chicago.

This problem REALLY irritates me because, once again, it appears there's going to be an issue with a player come contract negotiations. I'm honestly tired of this Boras hatred. Remove ourselves from dealing with him in the future because of events such as Ordonez or Crede, we're avoiding a lot of talent players.

I just wish if there were problems concerning Crede's back, or his reluctance to have "minor-surgery" performed, he wouldn't air such problems over the radio. Now we'll hear a battle of words between Crede/Boras and Williams for the entire offseason. SUPER!!!!

Oh, and if we are trading Crede, nothing less than a blue-chip/can't miss prospect better be coming this way as a package.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Oct 2, 2006 -> 06:10 PM)
Ultimately, Ordonez became rich in Detroit and now is in the playoffs. He's standing, an All-Star, and doesn't appear to exhibit any of the long-term problems many on here thought. Including myself, for that matter. Sure had no problem hitting tatters off our pitching the last series in Chicago.

Aside from the series Maggs had against the Sox a week or so ago, he's been pretty mediocre this year. The Tigers are paying $15 million bucks for an OFer in his decline years who put up an .827 OPS this year, and who's pretty pathetic defensively. It's still an awful contract for Detroit.

Of course, I agree with your general point that we can't just not deal with Boras (and this should apply doubly true to draft prospects as well), but only you could paint losing Maggs in a bad light.