A Big Thank You to All Here at Soxtalk.com

LVSoxFan

...we went through it together.

As I watch the Cubs organization implode and their "wait'll next year fans" line up for tix to next year's failure, I will always smile when I think of all the fans here who absolutely don't tolerate the Sox for a minute if they don't think the Sox are giving it their all.

Interesting that the most active days here seem to be when we lose one, because everybody wants to vent about how we messed it up. Because Sox fans here are knowledgeable, involved and don't hesitate for a minute to call bullsheet when they see it.

And as painful as this season was, it was certainly some comfort to be able to log on and vent with all of you, or to celebrate the few bright spots we did have this year.

I also must tip my hat to those of you who do the game threads; many times while at work (no TVs here) I'd log on and follow the game here on the edge of my seat (LOL when guys will post things like "Oh CRAP!" but not say what's going on...:)). Those are a wildly entertaining way to follow a game.

I also take note that everybody here seemed to know the season was over two, three weeks ago. I think Oakland was when we all knew that we were done. I enjoy the fact that so many people here can call things like that accurately. I also enjoy the fact that there are no sacred cows here with regard to the team--who hasn't been thrown under the bus here this season at one point or another?

So to all of you here and the mods I say: thank you. Thank you for 2006. Even though the season was like a firecracker that never went off, 2006 on this board was outstanding.

Me personallly? I am over-Soxed at this point because the second half was so damn stressful--not fun at all. I take it back: last year's September Swoon was bad, but not as bad as watching the slo-mo death of the Sox this year over a couple of month's time. I look forward to being a casual Bears fan for a while.

My Sox jersey's are gonna be hangin now, unused, for six months. I look forward to washing away the bad taste of 2006 and not being in Detroit's rearview mirror for an entire season.

Thank you, soxtalk.

Edited by LVSoxFan

And whats funny is that we still had 90 wins and this season was disappointing. That was good for 6th best record in all of baseball. In just about any other year, this was a playoff team. Hopefully we can bounce back in 2007.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Oct 2, 2006 -> 12:18 PM)
...we went through it together.

As I watch the Cubs organization implode and their "wait'll next year fans" line up for tix to next year's failure, I will always smile when I think of all the fans here who absolutely don't tolerate the Sox for a minute if they don't think the Sox are giving it their all.

Interesting that the most active days here seem to be when we lose one, because everybody wants to vent about how we messed it up. Because Sox fans here are knowledgeable, involved and don't hesitate for a minute to call bullsheet when they see it.

And as painful as this season was, it was certainly some comfort to be able to log on and vent with all of you, or to celebrate the few bright spots we did have this year.

I also must tip my hat to those of you who do the game threads; many times while at work (no TVs here) I'd log on and follow the game here on the edge of my seat (LOL when guys will post things like "Oh CRAP!" but not say what's going on...:)). Those are a wildly entertaining way to follow a game.

I also take note that everybody here seemed to know the season was over two, three weeks ago. I think Oakland was when we all knew that we were done. I enjoy the fact that so many people here can call things like that accurately. I also enjoy the fact that there are no sacred cows here with regard to the team--who hasn't been thrown under the bus here this season at one point or another?

So to all of you here and the mods I say: thank you. Thank you for 2006. Even though the season was like a firecracker that never went off, 2007 on this board was outstanding.

Me personallly? I am over-Soxed at this point because the second half was so damn stressful--not fun at all. I take it back: last year's September Swoon was bad, but not as bad as watching the slo-mo death of the Sox this year over a couple of month's time. I look forward to being a casual Bears fan for a while.

My Sox jersey's are gonna be hangin now, unused, for six months. I look forward to washing away the bad taste of 2007 and not being in Detroit's rearview mirror for an entire season.

Thank you, soxtalk.

Awesome post. I couldn't agree more. I don't know what I would do without Soxtalk.

QUOTE(dmbjeff @ Oct 2, 2006 -> 02:52 PM)
And whats funny is that we still had 90 wins and this season was disappointing. That was good for 6th best record in all of baseball. In just about any other year, this was a playoff team.

I try to keep that in mind as i stew over what might have been this year. One thing's for sure though, all that talk about the eaqsy life in a weak AL Central had sure better be dried up now.

And speaking of. . . A cannot bear the thought of the Twins getting anywhere when it shoulda been us, so GO OAKLAND!!

Detroit, on the other hand, I don't mind the thought of them going deep into October nearly as much.

And now, on throough October and into the Winter of My Discontent.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 2, 2006 -> 03:13 PM)
I try to keep that in mind as i stew over what might have been this year. One thing's for sure though, all that talk about the eaqsy life in a weak AL Central had sure better be dried up now.

And speaking of. . . A cannot bear the thought of the Twins getting anywhere when it shoulda been us, so GO OAKLAND!!

Detroit, on the other hand, I don't mind the thought of them going deep into October nearly as much.

Waiting for that son of York...

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 2, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)

It will hurt a whole lot if the Twins do win it all. I still believe the team is solid and we just need a better leadoff hitter and a dag gummed bullpen. We address that and we will DEFINITELY get in the dance next season. I do agree that it was excruciating to watch a talented team slowly die day by day. We need gamers on this team, instead of guys collecting paychecks...........

Great friends here at Soxtalk. I loved the pick to click postings too. I will keep checking here daily over the off season cause the folks here are just as crazy baseball Sox fans that I am. Can't wait to see what develops in the carribean leagues and the AFL. Plus the baseball winter meetings. We will win this again in 2007.

It was fun.

Thanks especially to those who lend their expertise with stats.

Everybody has strong opinions about their favorites and guys they hate

and the arguments are always civil.

I for example think Garland is great and I think Ozzie is great.

I also think BA is overmatched right now. And I hated the manlove

for BMac.

And I didn't believe our bullpen was as good as some cracked it up to be.

Also I would prefer keeping Fred over Vas.

But I respect all your opinions.

It will be nice if the Bears can keep it going; it'd be a quicker winter I think

if the Bears keep this up.

But Feb. can't come soon enough.

I hope it's Yanks v. mets so I have no desire to watch.

Edited by greg775