Crede's new contract?

cuddlyboy26

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(cuddlyboy26 @ Oct 2, 2006 -> 01:49 PM)
So you dont think he will be on the team next year?

Crede is arbitration-eligible through the end of 2008. The White Sox control his rights for 2 more years. He will not be a free agent this year. So if he's not on the team next year...then hopefully I'll like what we traded him for.

Crede is always underrated in my opinion. Last year in the playoffs I was surprised he did not win the AL Championship Series MVP instead of Konerko since every hitting stat he was equal or slightly ahead wasnt he? Yet he still did not win it. I also thought he should have made it to the all star game this year and he did not. It is not fair, he never gets any recognition he deserves.

Now the talk of wanting to ship him out to make way for Fields after a career year, dont understand that either, even if some of it is financial.

QUOTE(cuddlyboy26 @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 02:07 AM)
Crede is always underrated in my opinion. Last year in the playoffs I was surprised he did not win the AL Championship Series MVP instead of Konerko since every hitting stat he was equal or slightly ahead wasnt he? Yet he still did not win it. I also thought he should have made it to the all star game this year and he did not. It is not fair, he never gets any recognition he deserves.

Now the talk of wanting to ship him out to make way for Fields after a career year, dont understand that either, even if some of it is financial.

I believe the Sox should be keeping someone like Joe Crede. He has gotten better every year and the last two has been a clutch performer both in the field and at bat

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Oct 2, 2006 -> 11:43 PM)
I believe the Sox should be keeping someone like Joe Crede. He has gotten better every year and the last two has been a clutch performer both in the field and at bat

I agree, he brings so much to the team and is really coming into his own. I doubt Josh Fields will ever be as good as him even when he reaches his prime, especialy defensively.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 12:03 PM)
5 years $50 million is a good place to start.

Dunno if JR would go 5 yrs. I'd start at 3 yrs, 24 mil with incentives to protect myself against his back.

1st yr: 6 mil guaranteed, another mil in performance bonuses

2nd yr: 7 mil guar, another mil in perf bonuses

3rd yr: 8 mil gua, another mil in perf bonuses

Fair offer to me but to Bora$$, I'm sure he'd tell me his client couldn't live on that considering he's curing cancer, I mean, playing baseball ;)

QUOTE(Allsox @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 09:21 AM)
Dunno if JR would go 5 yrs. I'd start at 3 yrs, 24 mil with incentives to protect myself against his back.

Fair offer to me but to Bora$$, I'm sure he'd tell me his client couldn't live on that considering he's curing cancer, I mean, playing baseball ;)

At his current performance level, he would get more than that each of those years just going through arbitration.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 11:21 AM)

You'd get laughed out of the room. Seriously. The numbers Crede has put up combined with his defense at 3B is worth a ton of money on the open market right now. If he doesn't get $10 mil annually from the Sox, he will get it somewhere else, I would bet money on it.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 07:03 AM)
5 years $50 million is a good place to start.

Confucious say "beware of power hitting 3B with back problem when offering long term deal." The stress on a good defensive player's back is tremendous. A long term may be unwise if he doesn't have surgery. The disc could go at anytime then you have a 3-6 month rehab.

QUOTE(ptatc @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 09:55 AM)
Confucious say "beware of power hitting 3B with back problem when offering long term deal." The stress on a good defensive player's back is tremendous. A long term may be unwise if he doesn't have surgery. The disc could go at anytime then you have a 3-6 month rehab.

Which is exactly the reason we're talking about trade options right now if Mr. Crede does not wish to have things corrected.

No way would I pay Crede 5 years and 50 million.

We'd be better off just riding out next year with arbitration, go to arbitration the following year (2008) and trade him before that season.

Hopefully Fields would be ready for sure after next season.

QUOTE(ptatc @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 11:55 AM)

Which is why I really get the feeling the Sox will be singing Joshua Fields Forever by this spring.

I dont understand why the White Sox are so anxious to get rid of Crede to make way for Fields. If Fields does turn out to be great you will have to pay him huge money to keep him as well eventualy. Even after a career year the team is looking to ditch him for an unproven talent.

QUOTE(cuddlyboy26 @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 12:40 PM)
I dont understand why the White Sox are so anxious to get rid of Crede to make way for Fields. If Fields does turn out to be great you will have to pay him huge money to keep him as well eventualy. Even after a career year the team is looking to ditch him for an unproven talent.

The Sox aren't "anxious" to get rid of him, but at the sametime they have to face the reality that his selling price might never be higher if they come to believe they aren't going to be able to extend him long term.

They dont want to sign him long term. All the articles I am reading recently are they are anxious to get rid of him to make way for Fields.

I now dont blame Crede and Boras at all for making negotiations hell for the White Sox. After a career year like Crede had, and building to that for awhile I would expect the organization to see me as their future and with them still preferring some unproven kid in that case I would also be making negotations a living hell for my team, and not be very open to advice on something like having surgery because they want me to. :chair

Edited by cuddlyboy26

QUOTE(cuddlyboy26 @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 12:44 PM)
They dont want to sign him long term. All the articles I am reading recently are they are anxious to get rid of him to make way for Fields.

I now dont blame Crede and Boras at all for making negotiations hell for the White Sox. After a career year like Crede had, and building to that for awhile I would expect the organization to see me as their future and with them still preferring some unproven kid in that case I would also be making negotations a living hell for my team, and not be very open to advice on something like having surgery because they want me to. :chair

Please stop stating that the White Sox want Crede to have unnecessary surgery you have done this in two threads. NOBODY gains by him having surgery. He has broken down at the end of the last two seasons. Scott Boras does not care if he has 5 great months and then tanks in the 6th as long as the end numbers are there.

The White Sox want Crede for 6 months. The thought that they are sending him off to surgery to lower his value is not very rational. A small slip along the way during the surgrery and his career could end. This is why Boras does not want it if you ask me.

Remember the DB on the Bears who went in for some "Clean-up/cosmetic thing" and ended up having his ACL cut on accident. Nobody has surgery unless it is absolutly necessary.