Crede's new contract?

cuddlyboy26

QUOTE(cuddlyboy26 @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 06:04 PM)
If the White Sox refuse an arbitration price either this year, or next year though wouldnt he be a free agent?

Also if he was traded to a new team this year, signed a 1-year deal only, and chose not to resign after 2007 wouldnt he also be a free agent before the end of 2008 then?

If the White Sox did not offer him arbitration, then yes, he would be a Free Agent. That, however, WILL NOT HAPPEN. Joe Crede could shoot Joey Cora and we'd still offer him arbitration (some would offer him a raise).

If he were traded and signed a 1 year deal...then he would still be arbitration eligible after 2007. Thus, he is not a Free Agent under any circumstances until 2008.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(cuddlyboy26 @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 09:53 PM)
Well it sounds like Crede is certain to remain a White Sox until the end of 2008. That is good but it also means Fields will have to wait until he is 26 years old to be come the full time 3rd baseman for the White Sox in 2009.

They'll either trade Josh or change his position. They will not sit on his talent for 3 years.

QUOTE(cuddlyboy26 @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 03:15 AM)
I know this is off topic somewhat but why on earth was Joe Crede not picked for the all star game this year?

because Chavez and ARod clogged up the votes. Not to mention there was like 8 white sox allstars already anyways haha. he did deserve it though as well as Iguchi did.

I expect Crede to get a decent 2 year deal by KW with a club or player option for 2009. That way he won't have to go through arbitration 2 years in a row. Kind of similar to the Buerhle deal a few years back. As far as Fields goes, there just isn't room for him right now. I expect him to be traded this offseason, (maybe in that Crawford deal ;) )

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 01:26 PM)
because Chavez and ARod clogged up the votes. Not to mention there was like 8 white sox allstars already anyways haha. he did deserve it though as well as Iguchi did.

I expect Crede to get a decent 2 year deal by KW with a club or player option for 2009. That way he won't have to go through arbitration 2 years in a row. Kind of similar to the Buerhle deal a few years back. As far as Fields goes, there just isn't room for him right now. I expect him to be traded this offseason, (maybe in that Crawford deal ;) )

Eric Chavez didn't make the All-Star game in '06. Alex Rodriguez and Troy Glaus were the AL reps.

QUOTE(cuddlyboy26 @ Oct 2, 2006 -> 03:40 PM)
Joe Crede had a great year this year and proved his performance in the playoffs last year was no fluke. Was he signed to a new contract yet that I did not hear about, or will he be and for how much and how long?

I don't like your posts.

May I suggest you cease posting about this subject until you become moderately informed.

And by "subject," I mean baseball.

Edited by shoota