LOST! thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of hope the Claire and Charlie story line dies. They really don't help the story along. Actually, I don't really like the backstories/flashbacks much at all.

I do feel the producers make the Losties look dumb though. Every chance they have to make an Other do something or tell them something, they don't. Why wouldn't they take the Russian guy hostage? Why has no one cornered Juliet and made her give them answers? Isn't anyone wondering why Juliet and Sun were gone in the morning?

It just seems they are dying for answers and whenever they have someone that can give it to them (and us), they don't press for them.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:01 AM)
I kind of hope the Claire and Charlie story line dies. They really don't help the story along. Actually, I don't really like the backstories/flashbacks much at all.

I do feel the producers make the Losties look dumb though. Every chance they have to make an Other do something or tell them something, they don't. Why wouldn't they take the Russian guy hostage? Why has no one cornered Juliet and made her give them answers? Isn't anyone wondering why Juliet and Sun were gone in the morning?

It just seems they are dying for answers and whenever they have someone that can give it to them (and us), they don't press for them.

I think its funny that EVERYONE that crashed on this island has such great principal and an ironclad word. Everyone is always saying "no, i gave him my word."

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 09:07 AM)
I think its funny that EVERYONE that crashed on this island has such great principal and an ironclad word. Everyone is always saying "no, i gave him my word."

Yeah, whatever happened to... "you have my word." then 20-minutes later... "eat s***, you're dead..." and kill the somb****.

I mean, thats what the OTHERS would do...

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 10:34 AM)
Yeah, whatever happened to... "you have my word." then 20-minutes later... "eat s***, you're dead..." and kill the somb****.

I mean, thats what the OTHERS would do...

When Sun walked out of the medical hatch and Juliet went back inside, how many people were shocked she was doing something for Ben?

Also, when Sun asked Kate if something seemed off with Jack, I started to think that Jack's character has been acting a bit differently since he was taken by the Others. What with the football playing and piano playing and all. Perhaps Jack really is working with the Others.

SPOILERS!!!!

Best episode of the series that one was. The scene with Ben and Sawyer inside that ship, when Ben is telling Sawyer that they're in hell was outstanding. Sawyer also pulled of some of the most memorable acting this series has seen both when he knocks Locke to the ground and the last few words he says to Ben before he kills him.

The interesting question is still whether Jack is part of the Others and what secret him and Juliette are hiding. Locke is indeed on his own personal journey, and I excpetected nothing less out of his character.

Why did Rosseou (spelling?) need that dynamite? I find it pretty odd that she just showed up out of nowhere looking for that dynamite. Is she planning to rescue her daughter? Is she in fact a part of the Others and is the dynamite part of their grand plan?

It was indeed an excellent episode, so much going on, with enough teasers to drive you insane.

I loved Locke leading Sawyer to the man who killed his parents, by saying that he wanted him to kill Ben. Well, it just wasn't the Ben you thought it would be, was it Sawyer? The actor playing that part was awesome. He sold the complete arrogence until the moment he had a chain wrapped around his neck and the life was choked out of him. The best part of all of that was the Hell references. I can't wait to find out what the island really is.

I really wonder what Locke is up to now. He obvious is dragging the body back to Ben Linus to get his acceptance into the others, but does it mean he is an Other, or is he just playing the game?

It was awesome to see Sayid start questioning the newest Islander, and completely miscalculate. You never see him screw up, but he seems to have screwed the pooch with her so far.

I wonder what the secret that Jack and Juliet are hiding? Is it about the raids, or is it about the women on the island and the pregnancies... or is there a completely different thing which we have no idea about?

Damn I can't wait for next week.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2007 -> 01:35 PM)
It was indeed an excellent episode, so much going on, with enough teasers to drive you insane.

I loved Locke leading Sawyer to the man who killed his parents, by saying that he wanted him to kill Ben. Well, it just wasn't the Ben you thought it would be, was it Sawyer? The actor playing that part was awesome. He sold the complete arrogence until the moment he had a chain wrapped around his neck and the life was choked out of him. The best part of all of that was the Hell references. I can't wait to find out what the island really is.

I really wonder what Locke is up to now. He obvious is dragging the body back to Ben Linus to get his acceptance into the others, but does it mean he is an Other, or is he just playing the game?

It was awesome to see Sayid start questioning the newest Islander, and completely miscalculate. You never see him screw up, but he seems to have screwed the pooch with her so far.

I wonder what the secret that Jack and Juliet are hiding? Is it about the raids, or is it about the women on the island and the pregnancies... or is there a completely different thing which we have no idea about?

great episode. the jack/juliet secret is intriguing. i don't think it's the pregnancy thing, though, since that cat is already out of the bag with at least sun.

also, what the hell is rousseau going to do with all that dynamite?

I thought James/Sawyer was amazing during this episode. When he figured out who Locke's father really was, he really looked deadly. And when he threw up afterwards, it really gave him a side that you dont see often; unnerved and not confident.

Im not completely sold that the helicopter pilot wasnt a plant by the Others. Sure, she presented a Satellite phone, but it doesnt matter, it doesnt work. Ben could have put that in her pocket before she left for proof of the outside world.

This show has my head spinning every week.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2007 -> 08:35 AM)

I am finally loving this show again.

I think we all were well aware that Locke's dad was also the REAL Sawyer and I wasn't surprised it was him at that ship.

I think that Jack is in on the pregnancy thing. Why did Kate tell Jack? Obviously Jack can't be trusted right now. So they're all in hell is what is being said then I guess?

Kate is a complete disaster of a person. Does she ever make the right decisions. If she wasn't hot I want her killed off.

Sayid is the only person that understands you can not trust anyone. If the helicopter pilot was for real why would she be so confrontational when questioned. He has a legitimate beef.

For anyone that didn't know the Sawyer/Locke reasoning, the main give away would be that Sayid would be all for killing Ben before Sawyer and would have been the better choice for Locke to take with him.

You know who should hook up, Locke and Danielle.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ May 3, 2007 -> 10:38 AM)
Kate is a complete disaster of a person. Does she ever make the right decisions. If she wasn't hot I want her killed off.

Sayid is the only person that understands you can not trust anyone. If the helicopter pilot was for real why would she be so confrontational when questioned. He has a legitimate beef.

For anyone that didn't know the Sawyer/Locke reasoning, the main give away would be that Sayid would be all for killing Ben before Sawyer and would have been the better choice for Locke to take with him.

You know who should hook up, Locke and Danielle.

those two women in the Others camp were eye-ing Locke up like they wanted his lovin :wub: even if it meant pregnancy and death

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ May 3, 2007 -> 10:09 AM)
those two women in the Others camp were eye-ing Locke up like they wanted his lovin :wub: even if it meant pregnancy and death

The pregnancy death thing I find odd....Why didn't Rousseau and Alex die?

Ben is the father and has never been off of the island??????

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 3, 2007 -> 09:03 AM)
I am finally loving this show again.

I think we all were well aware that Locke's dad was also the REAL Sawyer and I wasn't surprised it was him at that ship.

I think that Jack is in on the pregnancy thing. Why did Kate tell Jack? Obviously Jack can't be trusted right now. So they're all in hell is what is being said then I guess?

i think jack has been made aware of Ben's plan to come for the women in a few days. He and Juliet were debating on whether to tell Kate about it at that time. It was made clear that Juliet doesn't like doing what she's being forced to do so she and Jack are setting Ben up.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ May 3, 2007 -> 11:31 AM)
The pregnancy death thing I find odd....Why didn't Rousseau and Alex die?

Ben is the father and has never been off of the island??????

Real good question, that never hit me before.

Also I forgot about the dynamite. She is the one who made such a big deal out of hiding and remaining in the shadows, but now she wants TNT? Wow. What is she up to?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2007 -> 12:43 PM)
Real good question, that never hit me before.

Also I forgot about the dynamite. She is the one who made such a big deal out of hiding and remaining in the shadows, but now she wants TNT? Wow. What is she up to?

I had heard 5 people die in these last episodes. I guess last night was one.