San Diego Padres Playoff Thread

Winning Ugly

Had to start one for my "other" team. As many of you know, I adopted the Padres as my NL team in 1993 after moving from Chicago to SD to join the Marines. Went to over 50 Padres home game from 93-2004 before moving to Phoenix.

Anyways, how can any Sox fan not root for the Pads? Look at their team. It is built almost exactly how the Sox was built last year to make the playoffs.

Speed at the top of the order with Roberts (Podsednik).

A little pop in the middle with Giles, Piazza and Gonzalez (Dye, Konerko, Crede).

A new catcher taking on a yound and old staff in Piazza (AJ).

A starting staff that's arguably the best in the playoffs, 4-deep in Peavy, Young, Hensley and Wells.

The BEST bullpen in the MLB with the greatest closer of all time.

Defense, defense, defense. Roberts and Cameron flying all over the OF like Pods and Rowand. A good DP combo in Greene and Barfield (like Uribe and Iguchi).

Good bats off the bench (Bellhorn, Walker, Bard, Klesko, Blum...remember him?)

Finally, proof you CAN go out there and with without being in the top 10 in payrolls for the year.

GO PADS!!!!!!

QUOTE(Winning Ugly @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 01:50 PM)
Had to start one for my "other" team. As many of you know, I adopted the Padres as my NL team in 1993 after moving from Chicago to SD to join the Marines. Went to over 50 Padres home game from 93-2004 before moving to Phoenix.

Anyways, how can any Sox fan not root for the Pads? Look at their team. It is built almost exactly how the Sox was built last year to make the playoffs.

Speed at the top of the order with Roberts (Podsednik).

A little pop in the middle with Giles, Piazza and Gonzalez (Dye, Konerko, Crede).

A new catcher taking on a yound and old staff in Piazza (AJ).

A starting staff that's arguably the best in the playoffs, 4-deep in Peavy, Young, Hensley and Wells.

The BEST bullpen in the MLB with the greatest closer of all time.

Defense, defense, defense. Roberts and Cameron flying all over the OF like Pods and Rowand. A good DP combo in Greene and Barfield (like Uribe and Iguchi).

Good bats off the bench (Bellhorn, Walker, Bard, Klesko, Blum...remember him?)

Finally, proof you CAN go out there and with without being in the top 10 in payrolls for the year.

GO PADS!!!!!!

:cheers