Official 2006-07 Watercooler Thread!!

Brian

Figured since shows like LOST and others premiere this week, we should start a huge thread to talk about all the great TV shows instead of making individual threads for each show.

Friday Night Lights premieres in 20 minutes and has gotten good reviews. I'm tuning in.

Pin-able??

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 08:04 PM)
FNL was very fast paced. Hour was over before I knew it. Lots of similarities to the movie and book, but it will have to branch out further as a TV show and judging by previews, it will.

I wasn't a big fan. I thought the football scenes were awful and that really takes away from the show. The game winning play was so unrealistic it killed the entire episode for me.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 01:48 AM)
I wasn't a big fan. I thought the football scenes were awful and that really takes away from the show. The game winning play was so unrealistic it killed the entire episode for me.

That was my thing as well, but I wasn't gonna let that one thing take away from the other 45 minutes. It was the first game of the year, not the state championship so I forgive t hem for not building up the drama more.

I like FNL a lot as well. However, like you guys both said...the football is unrealistic. They go from being on the 30 yard line when the ball is snapped with 3 seconds left, to the quarterback scrambling all the way back to the 20 and then throwing a long bomb for the TD. However, the premise is good. Hopefully the football action will get better.

Also, for anyone who missed it:

The Whole Episode

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 06:43 PM)
I'll be giving Friday Night Lights a whirl, gonna DVR it.

I couldnt have been more dissapointed with the show. Why didnt they just call it Varsity Blues 2? The characters are just over blown reproductions of other shows and movies. They really just amplify the characters to the point where its too unrealistic.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 09:05 AM)
Embarassed to say, but I have actually been watching that horrible Flavor Flav dating show on VH1. It's worse than you could imagine.

That is the exact analysis my one friend says. He is like, "Flavor of Love is on." and I'm like, "You watch that crap?" and he is like, "Yeah, its so bad its hilarious."

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 08:08 PM)
I couldnt have been more dissapointed with the show. Why didnt they just call it Varsity Blues 2? The characters are just over blown reproductions of other shows and movies. They really just amplify the characters to the point where its too unrealistic.

I am so disappointed in you. There were frogs humping on Animal Planet while you were tuning in for that complete and utter nonsense. Why don't you get your priorities in order. :D

Wasn't planning on watching it, but turned on "The Nine" as it started. Started out very good but then got slow and ended with a decent enough twist to keep me watching.

Seems like it may go along the lines of LOST in terms on a big event happens, this time a bank robbery, and we find out what happens in episodes through flashbacks and such.

The show started as everyone shows up at the bank, than just as the robbery starts, it goes to commercial and comes back saying 52 hours later.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 06:14 PM)
I am so disappointed in you. There were frogs humping on Animal Planet while you were tuning in for that complete and utter nonsense. Why don't you get your priorities in order. :D

I would have rather watched anything than that boatload of crap they call Friday Night Lights. Way to ruin the title of a pretty good movie idiots.

On another note, The Nine has me hooked and I cant wait to see what happened in the bank,

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 10:05 AM)
Embarassed to say, but I have actually been watching that horrible Flavor Flav dating show on VH1. It's worse than you could imagine.

That show is even more amazing than Being Bobby Brown. And Breaking Bonaduce premieres this month!!!

I :wub: VH1