Looking for that last stocking stuffer this year?

EvilMonkey

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 05:36 PM)
I was thinking of making a little noose for it and tying him off to the rearview mirror.

just for that i might do the same for jesus, bet that would piss some people off

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 10:04 AM)
No, but I wonder how some people here would react if I made a reference to putting a buddy jesus in a noose and hang it from my windshield mirror here. Something tells me it wouldn't be with laughter.

It would depend on how it was marketed. "Nazz in a Noose" wouldn't test well here in the southernmost stretch of the Bible Belt. But "Mighty Mighty Mirror Messiah" or something similarly zippy could be money. :)

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 09:04 AM)
No, but I wonder how some people here would react if I made a reference to putting a buddy jesus in a noose and hang it from my windshield mirror here. Something tells me it wouldn't be with laughter.

Thought it might end up in an NYC art mueseum...

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 02:04 PM)

Public scorn vs. beheading. No comparrison. Damn those evil Christians and their scorn!

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Public scorn vs. beheading. No comparrison. Damn those evil Christians and their scorn!

Yes because Christians have NEVER killed anyone who did something against their religion and ALL Muslims behead EVERYONE who pisses on their religous beliefs.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 03:19 PM)

wait wait wait... what was that thing back in the day?

oh right, the crusades! death to the infidel and all that jazz... yeah ok cool i see what you're saying now, Christians just use scorn. they dont kill at all! i must have been confused.

That's a long time ago, but you don't see any Christian sectarian violence, as long as you ignore the IRA attacks in England, the break up of Yugoslavia and the sectarian violence that followed... or the terrorist bombing of Hindus by Christian extremists in India in 2004, or the Christian Identity terrorist Eric Rudolph who bombed the 1996 Olympics, abortion clinics and gay bars.

But let's not split hairs.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 05:10 PM)
That's a long time ago, but you don't see any Christian sectarian violence, as long as you ignore the IRA attacks in England, the break up of Yugoslavia and the sectarian violence that followed... or the terrorist bombing of Hindus by Christian extremists in India in 2004, or the Christian Identity terrorist Eric Rudolph who bombed the 1996 Olympics, abortion clinics and gay bars.

oh yeah and that little thing in Oklahoma City... oh yeah Waco was pretty neat too

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 10:10 PM)

With the exception of the IRA crap, those don't even compare to the Islamofascists that are around today. Crusades? Get into this decade, or even century. Christianity evolved. Sure, they might boycot Disney, but they don't chop off Mickey's head just because he doesn't pray to Allah. While some Christian groups may want to keep gays at bay, they don't kill them, like the Isamofascists would do. While some Christians have a problem with too much female skin, the Isamofascists have a problem with ANY female skin. Many Muslims here in the states have joined this century, but many over in the middle east are still stuck in a time warp.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 06:20 PM)
oh yeah and that little thing in Oklahoma City... oh yeah Waco was pretty neat too

You're stretching a bit for those two, which I often hear in connection with Christianity.

I'm not one to defend any religion -- especially those seeped in as much violence as Islam and Christianity -- but where is the connection? Again, this is going to sound like I'm defending Christians -- but there's a difference between committing acts in direct connection with ones religion (9/11, etc.) and those which have no bearing on the event, aside from people suggesting, "he's a Christian -- so let's group this under them."

There was a tremendous special of the Discovery Channel recently about the Waco seige. When you look at merely the FACTS (not some unfounded conspiracy theories), you'll realize it was a doomed operation from the beginning. None of which transpired because the "heavily Christian based FBI leaders" were intimidated by the branch dividians.

And branching from that event, McVeigh's motives were exclusively politically based. He was upset about how the government handled Waco. I've never heard any religious motives.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 07:44 PM)
-- but there's a difference between committing acts in direct connection with ones religion (9/11, etc.) and those which have no bearing on the event, aside from people suggesting, "he's a Christian -- so let's group this under them."

There was a tremendous special of the Discovery Channel recently about the Waco seige. When you look at merely the FACTS (not some unfounded conspiracy theories), you'll realize it was a doomed operation from the beginning. None of which transpired because the "heavily Christian based FBI leaders" were intimidated by the branch dividians.

McVeigh I'll grant you is only very peripherally a religious thing. Not so in any way with Waco though. The Branch Dividians were a religious cult - it's the reason they existed and the reason for the Waco compound. Why the FBI botched the seige doesn't change that. Religion - a very whacked one in this case - had a very real bearing on that event.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 07:00 PM)
McVeigh I'll grant you is only very peripherally a religious thing. Not so in any way with Waco though. The Branch Dividians were a religious cult - it's the reason they existed and the reason for the Waco compound. Why the FBI botched the seige doesn't change that. Religion - a very whacked one in this case - had a very real bearing on that event.

You're right about one technical point -- for the Branch Dividians it was a religious event. Carish told members held up in the compound the FBI seige fulfilled their whacked out doomsday prophecy. They believed him. Some still do today. What I was referring to -- and I know it didn't come off as such in my post -- was how law enforcement handled the situation. Conspiracy theorists claim outside agencies of Catholic standing were intimidated by the odd beliefs of the Davidians, and were more than willing to use force.

Your post only reinforces the argument Waco can't be grouped under intentional acts of violence committed by Christians. This is what Reddy seemed to suggest, which I disagreed with.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
wait wait wait... what was that thing back in the day?

oh right, the crusades! death to the infidel and all that jazz... yeah ok cool i see what you're saying now, Christians just use scorn. they dont kill at all! i must have been confused.

The Crusades?! How is something that happened hundreds of years ago relevant to what is going on today?

The answer? Its VERY relevant. It proves that Christians have become civilized over time wheras Muslims have not. I love how you people point out abortion clinic bombings but seriously, when was the last one? How many have there even been over the years? As much as you point to that as an example of "christian savagery" the fact remains that abortion clinic attacks are extremely rare.

Muslims, on the other hand, well look no further than Iraq. They're blowing up innocent people at the rate of 2 or 3 dozen EVERY DAY. That not enough for you? How bout Amenenawhosits over in Iran calling for Isreal to be wiped from the map and developing the nukes to do it with? Not to mention the fact that he provoked the recent war with Isreal through their Hezbollah arm. Oh, then theres that Osama guy, remember him?

Christians used violence to further their aims centuries ago. Muslims are using it to further their aims.....TODAY and with far deadlier weapons. Religon of peace my ass. I guess I need to read the Koran further and find where it defines peaceful acts as mob action, abuse of women, violence, murder and terrorism.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 05:38 PM)
With the exception of the IRA crap, those don't even compare to the Islamofascists that are around today. Crusades? Get into this decade, or even century. Christianity evolved. Sure, they might boycot Disney, but they don't chop off Mickey's head just because he doesn't pray to Allah. While some Christian groups may want to keep gays at bay, they don't kill them, like the Isamofascists would do. While some Christians have a problem with too much female skin, the Isamofascists have a problem with ANY female skin. Many Muslims here in the states have joined this century, but many over in the middle east are still stuck in a time warp.

You just gotta love how islamofascist countries treat their women..........like total dogs*** that is. You have to love how people jump up and down to defend a religon that doesn't allow women any rights, sanctions rape, murder, polygamy and a host of other abuses and indignities.

Religon of peace indeed....................just so long as you dont happen to be a woman.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 01:57 AM)
The Crusades?! How is something that happened hundreds of years ago relevant to what is going on today?

The answer? Its VERY relevant. It proves that Christians have become civilized over time wheras Muslims have not.

Wow.