Looking for that last stocking stuffer this year?

EvilMonkey

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 12:57 AM)
Religon of peace indeed....................just so long as you dont happen to be a woman.

Uh...Eagle Forum, Promise Keepers, laws telling women what they can and can't do with their bodies here or denying a vaccine to a disease that afflicts women because it would violate their religious fundamentalist code to allow it to be used -- much?

Again, it's all about fundamentalism much more than it is about a specific religion.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Oct 7, 2006 -> 10:00 AM)
Umm...how about the Army of God and their bombing of medical clinics killing doctors and nurses?

What about them?

It seems people are picking apart minor points within my posts rather than the key reason I addressed Reddy -- Waco wasn't an event you could group with Christians. Neither was Oklahoma City Bombing.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 05:13 PM)
Uh...Eagle Forum, Promise Keepers, laws telling women what they can and can't do with their bodies here or denying a vaccine to a disease that afflicts women because it would violate their religious fundamentalist code to allow it to be used -- much?

Again, it's all about fundamentalism much more than it is about a specific religion.

Eagle Forum, Promise Keepers = Islamofascist. I don't think so, try again. What you fail to point out is that the Promise Keepers don't 'honor kill' their daughters for showing their legs or for kissing a boy. If you are claiming moral equivilence here, you can't claim it doesn't exist between Foley and Butts.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 05:58 PM)
Eagle Forum, Promise Keepers = Islamofascist. I don't think so, try again. What you fail to point out is that the Promise Keepers don't 'honor kill' their daughters for showing their legs or for kissing a boy. If you are claiming moral equivilence here, you can't claim it doesn't exist between Foley and Butts.

I know a lot about 'honor killings'. I've helped out with organizations to cut down on those types of activities. Then again, I've seen a few "good, Christian conservative" dads go apes*** and beat the Hell out of their daughters because they became 'unpure' before marriage in the news. Every religion has it to a degree.

Again, it isn't about Islam. It is about fundamentalism. Take a look at the threats that came out because of the TV show, "The Book of Daniel". It is all about small sects of fundamentalist belief in any religion.

Buddy Christ and Dashboard Muhammad powers activate!

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 11:35 PM)
I know a lot about 'honor killings'. I've helped out with organizations to cut down on those types of activities. Then again, I've seen a few "good, Christian conservative" dads go apes*** and beat the Hell out of their daughters because they became 'unpure' before marriage in the news. Every religion has it to a degree.

Again, it isn't about Islam. It is about fundamentalism. Take a look at the threats that came out because of the TV show, "The Book of Daniel". It is all about small sects of fundamentalist belief in any religion.

Boycotts do not equate to death threats. As for your'Christian dad's', That goes across all party, racial and religious lines. Don't EVEN try to say that is only a 'Christian' thing. You argue better than that.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Boycotts do not equate to death threats. As for your'Christian dad's', That goes across all party, racial and religious lines. Don't EVEN try to say that is only a 'Christian' thing. You argue better than that.

Yet you and Nuke freely label EVERY Muslim as a rabid decapitator. I guess I'm just as likely to be beheaded by an african Amercian-Muslim as some terrorist nut job in the middle east?

How come Muslims don't get the party, racial, geographical treatment? A little biased are we?

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Oct 9, 2006 -> 01:35 AM)
Yet you and Nuke freely label EVERY Muslim as a rabid decapitator. I guess I'm just as likely to be beheaded by an african Amercian-Muslim as some terrorist nut job in the middle east?

How come Muslims don't get the party, racial, geographical treatment? A little biased are we?

Go back andread MY posts. Every time I said ISLAMOFASCISTS. Not Muslims. There are over 1 BILLION Muslims in the world. If the ISLAMOFASCISTS represent just a few percent, that is still a staggering number. As for the other 98%, I belive I called them chicken, or something along those lines, for not distancing themselves from that 2%, but instead b****ing at the rest of the world for having a bad view of them. Oh, and is there anothergroup out there that would be known for its beheadings? One from this century, perhaps?

Edited by EvilMonkey

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 06:35 PM)

I wouldn't even say its fundamentalism. If someone is a strict, fundamental Buddhist, they probably aren't out there trying to kill anyone. Its EXTREMISM, and even more directly, its not religion at all - its people using their religion as an excuse or shield for their selfishly motivated actions. If I decide I hate Bob, and I behead Bob, then I am a murderer. if I behead Bob and can convince people its what some version of God told me to do... and if I can convince others to believe it too... then its religion.

If we don't seperate these acts from religion, we will never, ever end the war with the Middle East.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 11:13 AM)

You're comparing the views of radical extremist groups with state-sanctioned policies of most muslim nations.

Apples meet Oranges.