No Limbo

FlaSoxxJim

Dang, I loved that silly dance at birthday parties too. :D

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/16159/pope...ctrine-of-limbo

The Pope will this week overturn a belief held by Roman Catholics since medieval times by abolishing the concept of Limbo.

Limbo is traditionally held to be the place where the souls of children go if they die before they can be baptised and so freed from original sin.

It is also the fate of “holy people” such as the prophet Abraham who lived before the time of Jesus Christ, who Christians believe offered mankind redemption through his death and Resurrection.

This week a 30-strong Vatican international commission of theologians which has been examining Limbo began its final deliberations. Vatican sources said that it had concluded that all children who die do so in the expectation of “the universal salvation of God” and the “mediation of Christ”, whether baptised or not.

The theologians’ finding is that God wishes all souls to be saved, and that the souls of unbaptised children are entrusted to a “merciful God” whose ways of ensuring salvation cannot be known. “In effect, this means that all children who die go to Heaven” one source said.

Anyway, I guess it's a good hedge-bet development for my unbaptized babies, now currently 7 and 8. :unsure:

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 11:06 AM)
O.K., first there was limbo, now it is gone. So does that mean that all of the people trapped in limbo will now be released this week and that a whole bunch of Limbo workers will now be unemployed? It's a darn shame.

Jack is gonna be PISSED!

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 12:11 PM)
Jack is gonna be PISSED!

:bang

QUOTE(Soxy @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 12:24 PM)
But is there still a purgatory? Because if not we just paid a crap load of money to get my grandma out of there for nothing. . .

Yep, Pope says there is still a Purgatory. Like Heaven and Hell, Purgatory is a part of Catholocism's official voodoo, er. . . dogma.

Good job springing Grandma. Must have taken a boatload of novenas.