Out of our 6 starters...

GreatScott82

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 08:53 AM)
Mulder is a fa. I'm a big fan of Anthony Reyes but Buehrle is worth a hell of a lot more than that.

Anthony Reyes might be the most overrated player on soxtalk. He had a great game against us, but his ERA ended up being way too high (5.06), and he's had a history of injury issues. Flat out, the Cardinals don't have the pieces for the Sox to trade with.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 10:04 AM)
Anthony Reyes might be the most overrated player on soxtalk. He had a great game against us, but his ERA ended up being way too high (5.06), and he's had a history of injury issues. Flat out, the Cardinals don't have the pieces for the Sox to trade with.

Puj...ah nevermind.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 12:13 AM)
INHFTOCS

QUOTE(Felix @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 11:03 AM)
I have no idea what that stands for :P

(it's not his fault that our ____ sucked?)

YESSSSSSSSSSSS I FIGURED IT OUT

It's Not His Fault The Offense Can't Score

and it's not

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 12:04 PM)

Maybe you're just underrating him? I know very well what his era was for this season but I've seen him pitch enough to think he's going to be a pretty darn good starter in this league. Like I said though, Buehrle has much more value than just Reyes.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 12:48 AM)
You see the A's will be getting compensation for Zito this offseason in the form of draft picks (not nearly enough). However there is a new proposal up for consideration by the owners, the elimination of draft pick compensation if they Sox did hang onto Buehrle thinking they'd get some draft pick compensation for him in free agency (not nearly fair compensation) and they pass this resolution, the Sox will be s*** out of luck and they'll walk away with nothing to show for him. Zito is the only one of the big 3 to go to free agency, Beane dealt the other 2, you have to remember there are extenuating circumstances surrounding the A's decision to keep Zito, it's not fair to compare it to Buehrle's situation.

If the Sox can't come to an agreement with Buehrle this offseason then he needs to be dealt, Buehrle is worth far too much on the trade market to be lost with no compensation, that's just bad business practice. If the Sox want to be at all successful in 2008 and beyond, they will follow this plan.

The A's have to cut payroll [like in the past] for strictly business purposes. The sox don't have to. If the Sox want to contend for the WS in 2007, they can't trade 2 of their SP's. The sox should gauge MB's contract demands/ interest in an offer this offseason. Unless he's out of his mind and wants $15 mill a yr, the sox should be able to work out a 3 yr deal.

My money's on Garcia being dealt and MB making a deal

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)
We need to start at least two lefties.

Please Kenny make it happen.

Well, there is a nice abundance of quality left handed starters out there so yeah it shouldn't be a problem finding 2 or 3 lefties to round out the '07 rotation.