game thread 6-18

cwsox

Sounds like some more of that unbiased perfect umpiring we have been benefiting from this season.

I thought he was safe when the play first happened, and when they showed the replay, even the Boston announcers conceded that he appeared to easily beat the tag.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If not, you shouldn't make comments like that because you are VERY wrong.

I am taking Ed and John's word over yours.

One is an experienced player, one is an experienced sportscaster, and both are experienced announcers -

I just trust their opinion more than than I trust anyone else's.

Sorry.

was he safe or out?  What was the umpire's call that we live with for the rest of all human history?  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

if his partisans didn''t so zealously and blindly defend him so unobjectively he wouldn't be sooooooo fun to rip --

oh, that and all his proclaimed leadership and the guarentees of his greatness

Why engage in conversation with people who are "zealous" and "blind"? :huh:

If not, you shouldn't make comments like that because you are VERY wrong.

I am taking Ed and John's word over yours.

One is an experienced player, one is an experienced sportscaster, and both are experienced announcers -

I just trust their opinion more than than I trust anyone else's.

Sorry.

What did they say? That they should have got Damon out on that play? If so, I'd be SHOCKED because Damon was STANDING ON 2B the whole time!

Believe who you want, but they are incorrect.

was he safe or out?  What was the umpire's call that we live with for the rest of all human history?  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

if his partisans didn''t so zealously and blindly defend him so unobjectively he wouldn't be sooooooo fun to rip --

The catcher never tagged him. The ump was out of position and blew the call. SURPRISE!

2 walks in the inning for Tim.  Hopefully the Sox hitters are starting to recognize the rotation of the ball better now as we get later into the game.

up to Daubach to bring someone home now -

and he does!!!!!!!!!

1 run in

we lead

The catcher never tagged him. The ump was out of position and blew the call. SURPRISE!

Is Eric Cooper on this crew? Im beginning to hate ML umps. I hope they get booed like crap at the AS game. They havent blown one call against us, theyve blown like ten. And theyve never even sent another close call our way to even it out... :angry:

innbing end but we lead going into top of 7th

anyone watch VH1's top 100 of the last 25 years? I have that on i the background behind Ed and John - who cares about the rankings, some great music being played tonight!

now commercial on the radio over, back to the game...

What? Maybe Jose went home because the 3rd base coach told him to. Then again I don't watch much baseball.

Heh, yeah, that's another point -- it's not even Jose's decision most likely.

And anyway, how many guys on our team are going to score from 1st on a double to LF? I'll tell you how many -- 1, and that's Jose. He was safe, but like we've said, we got ripped off yet again.

White Sox law -- if there's a close play, the call goes to our opponent. :huh:

anyone watch VH1's top 100 of the last 25 years?  I have that on i the background behind Ed and John - who cares about the rankings, some great music being played tonight!

now commerical on the radio over, back to the game...

Whitesnake didnt make it. Thats bullcrap! :angry:

Heh, yeah, that's another point -- it's not even Jose's decision most likely.

And anyway, how many guys on our team are going to score from 1st on a double to LF?  I'll tell you how many -- 1, and that's Jose.  He was safe, but like we've said, we got ripped off yet again. 

White Sox law -- if there's a close play, the call goes to our opponent. :huh:

Im not watching so I can only conclude from what gamecast tells me and thats simply that he was out at home. Nothing more. But geez, these umps suck! :angry:

up to Daubach to bring someone home now -

and he does!!!!!!!!!

1 run in

we lead

Two things that I have heard about when you face a knuckleballer. Wait on the pitch and cut down on your swing.

That's what I used to do when facing Hoyt Wilhelm...

IN MY DREAMS.

anyone watch VH1's top 100 of the last 25 years?  I have that on i the background behind Ed and John - who cares about the rankings, some great music being played tonight!

now commerical on the radio over, back to the game...

Whitesnake didnt make it. Thats bullcrap! :angry:

I think you messed up your post. you needed to leave out "didn't make it" and add a comma after whitesnake.