Official NHL Thread

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a hockey game. I had all but considered the game tied on that Stuart penalty with 4 minutes to go. Luckily, the Blackhawks were less anxious on the power play than when they were without the man advantage. All around awesome game, the Thomas save at the end might have been the best of the season. Still, the Blackhawks fought until the end and look to be heading in the right direction in the last couple of weeks. Fun stuff.

Aucoin and Cullimore are wastes of space. Aucoin -- the team captain -- barely plays 13 minutes tonight, while Cullimore, ON THE f***ING PK, tries to clear the puck through the center of the ice.

By the end of the year, two of Vandermeer/Aucoin/Cullimore need to be gone, and Byfuglian and Barker need to be up here. Aucoin will be tough to move because of his salary, but he can sit in the press box every other game. Please, though, one of those three needs to be moved ASAP. It's sick watching 'em... slow as hell and not physical at all.

Kudos to Wisniewski and Kuk for being our most consistent defenders this year.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 30, 2006 -> 08:41 AM)
Also, I hear you can watch hockey games on yahoo....how do you do this? Is it free?

Jason, download a program called TVU Player.

Basically it has about 50 different channels, and about 2 or 3 hockey channels, so you can watch a few different games.

The only bad thing about it for myself is that is uses up a lot of download limit (which we have down here unfortunately).

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Dec 30, 2006 -> 04:12 PM)
Aucoin and Cullimore are wastes of space. Aucoin -- the team captain -- barely plays 13 minutes tonight, while Cullimore, ON THE f***ING PK, tries to clear the puck through the center of the ice.

By the end of the year, two of Vandermeer/Aucoin/Cullimore need to be gone, and Byfuglian and Barker need to be up here. Aucoin will be tough to move because of his salary, but he can sit in the press box every other game. Please, though, one of those three needs to be moved ASAP. It's sick watching 'em... slow as hell and not physical at all.

It shows in this new NHL which D-Men for us are going to be successful. It's the ones who can skate well and are quick around the ice. Aucoin and Cullimore aren't, and that's why they're struggling while the likes of Wisniewski, Kukkonen and Keith have thrived for us.

Aucoin has what 2 years left after this one with $4M left on his deal. Offer him to a team that is really struggling with conceeding goals e.g Phoenix, Washington and Florida.

But I'm not majorly disheartened by tonight's loss, because the Bruins have been playing very well lately.

I was at the game tonight in SEC 212.

The 3rd period was really exciting. The first two periods weren't very pretty and the power play is still horrible.

Did Bonda leave the game? I don't recall seeing him much, after he got banged up early in the 1st.

EDIT: I'd like to add that I thought Boucher did a good job in his 2 periods of play, and that the crowd was great tonight.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Dec 29, 2006 -> 11:12 PM)

Well, not too much to add here.

Only thing is I would give Keith some credit as well with Kuk and Wis - he logs the most ice time per game usually, and has 17 assists. He had a few bad games, but he really is a good defender and puck mover.

Hell of a 3rd period effort tonight, but Thomas won it for them that period. 'The' save was unbelievable.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Dec 29, 2006 -> 11:31 PM)
I was at the game tonight in SEC 212.

The 3rd period was really exciting. The first two periods weren't very pretty and the power play is still horrible.

Did Bonda leave the game? I don't recall seeing him much, after he got banged up early in the 1st.

EDIT: I'd like to add that I thought Boucher did a good job in his 2 periods of play, and that the crowd was great tonight.

Peter Bondra injured his shoulder Friday vs. Boston and did not play in the 3rd period. Coach Denis Savard said that it "didn't look good" but didn't have any further details following the game. He'll be re-evaluated Saturday.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Dec 29, 2006 -> 11:47 PM)
Peter Bondra injured his shoulder Friday vs. Boston and did not play in the 3rd period. Coach Denis Savard said that it "didn't look good" but didn't have any further details following the game. He'll be re-evaluated Saturday.

OK.

I was looking for him late in the 3rd when the Hawks got a PP.

This possible deal with TB could get interesting to say the least...Hope Tallon can get something done sooner than later. Given you can't put a lot of stock into Eklund though.

Hawks interested in Fedotenko and Prospal (e3)

Today @ 8:34 AM ET | Comments (0)

The Lightning placed Dmitry Afanasenakov and Andreas Karlsson on waivers in a move that may be a pre-curser to a major trade. The Hawks are reportedly very interested in Fedotenko and Prospal, "but this trade could escalate beyond this," I am told. The Lightning are looking at defensemen, but neither Seabrook or Keith are available at that price.

I will continue to look into this while I am relaxing and enjoying the beautiful weather down here in Longboat Key Florida. Last night I had a great dinner in St. Armand's Circle. It was a perfect evening. I started to feel that odd feeling of relaxation.

I will be on XM at noon today with the guys on Home Ice 204.

Ek [email protected]

Hoping one of Aucoin or Cullimore goes in that deal, but I'm thinking it's probably Vandy who's sat out for the past 3 games.

I'm thinking with our offense though, we have a lot of guys who can play say 2nd/3rd line roles well, the Bourque's, Sharp's, LaPointe's, Arkiphov's etc.

So what I'm trying to say, if we're going to trade for offense, they have to be players who can put up 50-60 points a season as a minimum, be 1st/2nd line type of players, because we've got enough role players on the offensive side.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 17, 2006 -> 11:14 PM)
Yep. Its online we just got to get the forums set up. Check out www.talkbhawks.com/forums and register and tomorrow I'm going to go on and get the forums built and sometime in the next week get it skinned as well (But it can re-open without the skin).

So what's going on with it?

some good fights New Years eve. 3rd period was awful. Hawks can not kill a penalty for the life of em. heres lapointe with a good fight

and duncan keith gettin his s*** rocked

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jan 1, 2007 -> 12:40 PM)
I never had a problem with the Flyers until last night. Now I hold them in the same esteem as I do the Penguins and the Slugs (aka Sabres).

hey queenie, how bout this

how could you not love the Sabres!

I like seeing Shanahan getting his ass handed to him lol.

After some things that went down in the playoffs last year between the Sabres and the Canes, I lost a lot of respect for them - before then, I actually cheerer for them.

As it turns out the Canes play the Penguins tonight. I hope the Canes can actually leave with all their players this time.

i love seeing Shanny on NYR, hated him as a red wing. i give the man a lot of respect for getting in there with a big time enforcer and doing well. Brash is a goon. I HATE NOT HAVING VERSUS!

Brash is a HUGE goon. He picked a fight with one of the Canes last season (I think one of the Addams Family) and they tried to make it some race thing. Come to think about it, I am fairly certain it was Kevin (one of the captains) that he took a cheap shot at and knocked out of the game and later one of the other guys threw the gloves down with Brash at the end of the game for retailiation.

Tonight we got Blackhawks vs blues

Fight Card

Chicago Blackhawks (16) at St. Louis Blues (24) 7:00 PM ET - Preview

CHI: Reed Low (AHL) (5), Martin Lapointe (3), Duncan Keith (2), Brent Seabrook (2), Jim Vandermeer (2), Patrick Sharp (1), James Wisniewski (1)

STL: Jamal Mayers (6), Matt Walker (6), Bill Guerin (2), Bryce Salvador (2), Keith Tkachuk (2), Eric Brewer (1), Dan Hinote (1), Barret Jackman (1), D.J. King (1), Jay McClement (1), Lee Stempniak (1)

and for queenie

Carolina Hurricanes (13) at Pittsburgh Penguins (16) 7:30 PM ET - Preview

CAR: Craig Adams (5), Mike Commodore (3), Kevyn Adams (1), Tim Gleason (1), Andrew Ladd (1), Scott Walker (1), Justin Williams (1)

PIT: Chris Thorburn (6), Andre Roy (waived) (2), Jarkko Ruutu (2), Colby Armstrong (1), Eric Cairns (IR) (1), Ryan Malone (1), Brooks Orpik (1), Ron Petrovicky (1), Ryan Whitney (1)

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 02:40 PM)
Hawks are gonna take two points from St. Louis tonight. I saw the ugly first period and went out after that. Anyone hae thoughts on the game?

Seemed an excellent final period, and Savard probably laid into them after the 2nd period.

Heck of a performance by Khabibulin, and you can probably put this win down to him. Performances like that are why we signed him to that huge contract.

Luckily we ran into a team that is as terrible on the powerplay as we are, considering how many penalties we gave up tonight.

For the first 2 periods the Hawks didn't look to have much of anything going. Plus giving up all those penelties including 3, 5 on 3's tends to get you behind quickly. Thankfully they only fell behind 1 to nothing. The 3rd came and the Hawks looked like a totally different team. Glad to see them pull this game out considering the Blues have actually been playing a lot better themselves and the Hawks have somewhat dropped off.