Official NHL Thread

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only realistic name I've seen (coming the Hawks way) is Eric Godard, who would be absolutely PERFECT. He's an enforcer, a guy that the Hawks really need with Havlat, Samsonov, Toews and most likely Kane skating around next season. I should say, though, that even if Tallon only gets a bag of pucks in return, it's still a great deal.

BTW, here's the video of where the rumor is coming from -- it's not a done deal yet, but the Canadian analyst expects it to get done.

http://broadband.tsn.ca/tsn/?id=348&vid=8862

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 21, 2007 -> 09:31 PM)
The only realistic name I've seen (coming the Hawks way) is Eric Godard, who would be absolutely PERFECT. He's an enforcer, a guy that the Hawks really need with Havlat, Samsonov, Toews and most likely Kane skating around next season. I should say, though, that even if Tallon only gets a bag of pucks in return, it's still a great deal.

BTW, here's the video of where the rumor is coming from -- it's not a done deal yet, but the Canadian analyst expects it to get done.

http://broadband.tsn.ca/tsn/?id=348&vid=8862

Oh man, this would be awesome. :headbang

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 21, 2007 -> 10:25 PM)
That 11 game plan is starting to look a lot better..... :)

Hawks get Kane tomorrow, then go out and get a #1 center, this off-season could not have gone better.

Hell yeah it is. Now the issue would just be balancing school and the Hawks.

I really don't want to see them trade this pick, I'm hoping for Kane.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 04:39 AM)
Don' like the 2nd round pick. Also, how much does Warrener make?

I read two years, $2.5 million (per season). So the Hawks save $1.5 million per year.

Yeah, I don't like including the 2nd either, but it is a weak draft. The Calgary fans I'm reading think Warrener is pretty much toast, so if he is, I don't know why it wouldn't it be just a straight up deal...?

By the way, I should note that none of this is official yet, especially the stuff in this post. Hell the deal isn't even official yet -- they've agreed on terms and Aucoin will waive his NTC, but I believe Aucoin still has to pass a physical (fingers crossed). But yeah, Warrener isn't 'for sure' yet.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 01:07 AM)
No way do I make that deal. JVR, Kane and Turris have separated themselves as the best of the bunch, and at this point, the Hawks need quality, not quantity. Kane is the consensus best offensive player -- let's hope he's donning the Indianhead in a little over 24 hours.

I don't know. My thinking was, if you could get Cherpanov at #6, even if he stays in Russia for a couple of seasons, you can use the money that you would use to sign Kane on a top 6 forward FA on a short - term deal.

I also think Esposito will be a real good one, and for whatever reason he just had a down season.

What I guess I'm trying to say is yeah Kane will be good, but he's not a surefire #1, so if the oppurtunity is there, the Hawks could end up with some real more quality prospects especially at forward.

EDIT: On Warrener, he's a real defensive D-Man, good hitter but not very good offensively. Will be annoyed if we give up a 2nd rounder though, although getting rid of Aucoin is a godsend.

It's not Warriner, it's Zyuzin. We save $2.55M this season, and $4M next season, and don't give up a pick. I :wub: it.

Sources tell TSN that Chicago defenceman Adrian Aucoin has agreed to waive his no trade clause to permit a deal that would send him to the Calgary Flames.

In exchange, the Flames will send defenseman Andrei Zyuzin to the Blackhawks.

Sources say the paperwork and formal approval of the transaction will be completed on Friday. The deal, therefore, cannot be deemed official until then. But Aucoin is prepared, the sources said, to be a Flame and the Blackhawks and Flames have agreed on the terms.

The Flames were in the market for a defenceman and zeroed in on Aucoin, who has a history with new Calgary coach Mike Keenan. In 1998-99, Aucoin scored 18 of his 23 goals on the powerplay for Keenan's Vancouver Canucks.

At $4 million a season, Aucoin carries a price tag the Blackhawks were looking to shed.

Zyuzin, who was signed by Calgary as a free agent last July, is scheduled to make $1.45-million next season.

Last season, Aucoin had trouble with a groin injury and played only 59 games for the Blackhawks. He scored four goals and 12 assists for 16 points. he was a -22 on the season. The year before that, Aucoin only played 33 games, scoring one goal and five assists.

In 694 NHL games, Aucoin has 88 goals and 179 assists for 267 points and a +15 rating.

In 49 games last season, Zyuzin had 1 goal and 6 points. He missed 14 of 16 games in December and January with a knee and groin injury and was a healthy scratch for 12 games late in the season.

This has Mike Keenan written all over it. :D

Tallon has basically traded Aucoin, Cullimore and Salmelainen for Zyuzin and Samsonov, and we've saved about 2.5M-3M for the upcoming season (if I calculated that right).

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 11:02 PM)
Sweet this is an awesome deal for the Hawks... hopefully Tallon can get Gomez...hehe

Well actually who knows. Handzus ain't coming back. He wants 4 years $16M and Tallon said he's not going to get that from the Hawks. Philly and St. Louis are both interested in him apparently.

So I wonder how we are cap wise now. I imagine we've got quite a bit of wiggle room now.

It's actually an exciting time to follow this team again. :)

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 10:46 AM)
I don't know. My thinking was, if you could get Cherpanov at #6, even if he stays in Russia for a couple of seasons, you can use the money that you would use to sign Kane on a top 6 forward FA on a short - term deal.

There's no Russian transfer fee agreement in place at this time, IIRC. It would be ludacris for the Hawks to even think about Cherepanov if there is no transfer agreement between their league and the NHL.

Heres the press release from CBH.com

Blackhawks Acquire Zyuzin For Aucoin Press Release Jun 22, 2007, 12:35 PM EDT General Manager Dale Tallon announced today that the Blackhawks have traded defenseman Adrian Aucoin and a 7th round pick in the 2007 Draft to the Calgary Flames in exchange for defensemen Andrei Zyuzin and Steve Marr.

Andrei Zyuzin, 29, played in 49 games for the Calgary Flames last season scoring one goal and adding five assists for six points with 30 penalty minutes.

Zyuzin, 6.01 and 208 pounds, was originally the first round pick of the San Jose Sharks (2nd overall) in the 1996 NHL Entry Draft. He has also played in Tampa Bay, New Jersey, and Minnesota.

In his NHL career, Zyuzin has appeared in 464 games scoring 36 goals while adding 79 assists for 115 points with 408 penalty minutes. He has also played in 29 career playoff games scoring two goals and three points with 30 penalty minutes.

Steve Marr, 23, stands at 6.02 and weighs 213 pounds. Last season, he played in 34 games for Omaha in the AHL scoring one goal and three assists for four points with 18 penalty minutes. He played four years of junior hockey for Medicine Hat in the Western Hockey League before signing as a free agent with Calgary in August of 2005.

Adrian Aucoin was signed by the Blackhawks as a free agent on August 2, 2005. He has played two seasons in Chicago appearing in 92 games and scoring 5 goals to go along with 17 assists for 22 points with 88 penalty minutes.

In his first season with the Blackhawks, 2005-06, Aucoin appeared in just 33 games. His season was shortened by a groin injury which sidelined him for 18 games and a dislocated shoulder which required surgery and sidelined him for 31 games. Last season, injuries kept him out of the lineup for 21 games.

In his NHL career, Aucoin has appeared in 694 games scoring 88 goals while adding 179 assists for 267 points and 544 penalty minutes. He has also appeared in 27 career playoff games scoring four goals while adding seven assists for 11 points with 16 penalty minutes.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 04:11 PM)
Rumors flying that the Hawks have traded the first overall to Phoenix. People are assuming we'd get the third overall and Peter Mueller (first round pick, 8th overall of last season) back in return. Nothing official.

It shall be interesting up until the time Tallon (or Bettman with a trade) takes the podium.

However I won't see it until about 830, can't wait.