Official NHL Thread

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gage Loves Me @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 02:42 AM)
Ummmm hi. I'm new here, and since there is nowhere to introduce myself, I'm not gonna introduce myself.

I'm here to take over this thread.

Let's go Rangers.

Give us Prucha. For Cullimore. And Aucoin.

That is all.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 07:33 PM)
Give us Prucha. For Cullimore. And Aucoin.

That is all.

Yeaaaaaaaa riiiiiiiiiiiight

If you gave us Seabrook, I'd do it in a hearbeat. (There were actually rumors about this during the first quarter of the season. Too bad it never went down.)

We're not gonna give you our 25 goal scorer for your deadwood.

Edited by Gage Loves Me

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 07:35 PM)
I want Jagr AND cash in that deal, too. Keith's deal, that is.

Oh and Lundqvist.

Let's talk.

I would cut my arm off before trading Lundqvist. He's been a little inconsistent this season, but that's mostly due to the fact that our defense is beyond horrid. The guy has to face odd man rushes every 5 minutes night in and night out.

The guy is a f***ing wall when he gets some defensive support.

Edited by Gage Loves Me

QUOTE(Gage Loves Me @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 03:34 AM)
Yeaaaaaaaa riiiiiiiiiiiight

If you gave us Seabrook, I'd do it in a hearbeat.

We're not gonna give you our 25 goal scorer for your deadwood.

Yeah, you're going to learn real quick about sarcasm -- most people use green when they're sarcastic, but I'm too lazy to. I know that deal would never happen.

BTW -- don't hate on the Hawks. We Hawk fans (or the knowledgable ones) pretty much knew going into the season that we probably weren't going to make the playoffs, and that if things went fairly well, we'd be fighting for the 8th spot in the West.

I know we haven't been good for a long time, but this year was our first true rebuilding year. Next year our past three first-round picks should all be with the club full time. So along with Havlat and Ruutu and Seabrook and Keith (and some others tossed in here and there), we're cautiously optimistic.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 07:41 PM)
Yeah, you're going to learn real quick about sarcasm -- most people use green when they're sarcastic, but I'm too lazy to. I know that deal would never happen.

BTW -- don't hate on the Hawks. We Hawk fans (or the knowledgable ones) pretty much knew going into the season that we probably weren't going to make the playoffs, and that if things went fairly well, we'd be fighting for the 8th spot in the West.

I know we haven't been good for a long time, but this year was our first true rebuilding year. Next year our past three first-round picks should all be with the club full time. So along with Havlat and Ruutu and Seabrook and Keith (and some others tossed in here and there), we're cautiously optimistic.

1. I know you were being sarcastic. I was just replying as if you weren't. I ain't to noob to message boards.

2. I haven't bashed on the Hawks, and I don't plan on doing so.

3. I know all about sucking for a long time. I'm a Rangers fan for Christ's sake. :P

Edited by Gage Loves Me

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 02:48 PM)
What does having played the game have to do with ANYTHING?

If you like a shootout to decide a playoff type hockey game, I don't really see how you are a true fan, simple as that. Making an awesome game into a skills competition is not a way to end a meaningful game.

---------------

Also, despite the loss, the Hawks played pretty well last night. They had some good opportunities on Miller who pretty much stood on his head. Khabi let in a pretty (IMO) soft goal on Afinigenov, but otherwise had a strong night. The guys put up a pretty good effort against one of the better teams in hockey.

And Byfuglian needs to be up here full time. He made some mistakes last nite, but I think he's ready to take a 5th/6th defenseman role. f***ing Cullimore and Aucoin...

I would personally hunt down Bettman and slit his cheap ass throat if he implemented a shootout in the playoffs.

QUOTE(Gage Loves Me @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 04:07 AM)
1. I know you were being sarcastic. I was just replying as if you weren't. I ain't to noob to message boards.

My bad, then. Just makin' sure...

2. I haven't bashed on the Hawks, and I don't plan on doing so.

I didn't intend for it to make it seem like I was "calling you out" on bashing the Hawks, although I now see that my post certainly looks that way.

3. I know all about sucking for a long time. I'm a Rangers fan for Christ's sake. :P

Assuming you're older than twelve years old, you've seen a Stanley Cup champ in your lifetime. Quit'yer b****in'... :P

QUOTE(Gage Loves Me @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 01:57 PM)
Solid win by the Rangers this afternoon. 3-1 over the Bruins.

Rangers vs. Blackhawks on Feb. 18 at the Garden. Can't wait for that game.

First the Wings will feed off the Hawks, than the Rangers. Poker tonight apparently.

Did any of you guys see that the Kings played some Jap goalie today?

First Jap player in NHL history. And his first save was an absolute beauty. The Blues were on a PP, and they made some nice passes, and one of the Blues players had a WIDE OPEN net, and Fukufuji kicked his leg out and robbed him of a free goal.

QUOTE(Gage Loves Me @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 02:20 AM)
Did any of you guys see that the Kings played some Jap goalie today?

First Jap player in NHL history. And his first save was an absolute beauty. The Blues were on a PP, and they made some nice passes, and one of the Blues players had a WIDE OPEN net, and Fukufuji kicked his leg out and robbed him of a free goal.

I think you mean Japanese, im sure the Asian American dont love the whole "some Jap reference".

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 04:48 PM)
What does having played the game have to do with ANYTHING?

If you like a shootout to decide a playoff type hockey game, I don't really see how you are a true fan, simple as that. Making an awesome game into a skills competition is not a way to end a meaningful game.

by having an understanding of the game. here you are after battling(sp?) for three periods and the outcome of the game is decided on the moves of a few selected players. its my opinion and ill probably get my head chopped off for stating it seeing as though this is soxtalk.

QUOTE(Gage Loves Me @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 10:08 PM)
I would personally hunt down Bettman and slit his cheap ass throat if he implemented a shootout in the playoffs.

i agree with that. should not be implemented in the playoffs. i could go on for days about bettman....

QUOTE(Dan @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 04:17 AM)
by having an understanding of the game. here you are after battling(sp?) for three periods and the outcome of the game is decided on the moves of a few selected players. its my opinion and ill probably get my head chopped off for stating it seeing as though this is soxtalk.

what does soxtalk have anything to do with this. There is really nothing as cool as overtime in a playoff nhl game.

QUOTE(Gage Loves Me @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 03:57 PM)
Solid win by the Rangers this afternoon. 3-1 over the Bruins.

Rangers vs. Blackhawks on Feb. 18 at the Garden. Can't wait for that game.

have Colton Orr go easy on us.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 04:24 AM)
what does soxtalk have anything to do with this. There is really nothing as cool as overtime in a playoff nhl game.

im not sure that im gettin you?

QUOTE(Dan @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 04:24 AM)
by having an understanding of the game. here you are after battling(sp?) for three periods and the outcome of the game is decided on the moves of a few selected players.

Um yeah, that's exactly the point Keith and I are trying to make............

BTW, i love your 'understanding of the game' line.

i agree with that. should not be implemented in the playoffs. i could go on for days about bettman....

And now you're just talking out of both sides of your mouth

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 04:46 AM)
And now you're just talking out of both sides of your mouth

how so? i agree with it in the terms of a regular season game but i like the fact that they kept the playoff rules fixed. think about it, they put this particular rule in place to attract more fans to come out and attend a game and go home with seeing a deffinate winner, instead of the old rules which gave it just sudden death OT and if no one scored at the end of OT regulation, tie. granted most of the rules in "the new NHL" are nothin short of rediculous, this is one that most people can understandably agree with, except you for some reason.