Official NHL Thread

Keith has this actually been confirmed somewhere? I keep seeing conflicting reports that it's done/not done, that King is/isn't included, etc. I'm still waiting on official confirmation somewhere...?

Edit: Versus just reported it done as a conditional 2nd round draft pick...

Also here's a quote from the brief blurb on tsn.ca

"In addition Vancouver added veteran centre Bryan Smolinski from the Chicago Blackhawks for a conditional 2nd round pick."

Edited by IlliniKrush

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Chicago Blackhawks have traded a 3rd round pick and Lasse Kukkonen to the Philadelphia Flyers for Kyle Calder and the Blackhawks flipped Clader to the Detroit Red Wings for Jason Williams. Details to follow."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/trade_deadline/news_...-trade_deadline

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 01:14 PM)
A little surprising we dealt with the Dead Things... but its a good move none the less. Although giving up a 3rd rounder and Kuk for Calder is awful pricey.

Yeah I don't really like giving up a 3rd rounder, considering the current position we're in, but if Williams can get back to the scoring pace he was on last season, it's a good deal.

Still I liked Kuk and am sad to see him go, but unfortunately he got caught up in a numbers game.

I also thought that maybe we could have got another draft pick for Smoke, considering the price Tkachuk and Craig Rivet cost.

**TRADE alertS!**

TSN REPORTS THE BOSTON BRUINS HAVE DEALT BRAD BOYES TO THE ST. LOUIS BLUES FOR DENNIS WIDEMAN.

THE PITTSBURGH POST-GAZETTE REPORTS THE PENGUINS ARE PLANNING TO SEND A FOURTH ROUND PICK TO THE FLORIDA PANTHERS FOR DEFENCEMAN JOEL KWAITKOWSKI AND A SEVENTH ROUND PICK TO THE SAN JOSE SHARKS FOR GOALIE NOLAN SCHAEFER.

NEWSDAY REPORTS THE EDMONTON OILERS HAVE DEALT RYAN SMYTH TO THE NY ISLANDERS FOR PROSPECTS RYAN O'MARRA AND ROBERT NILSSON AND THE ISLANDERS FIRST ROUND PICK.

TSN REPORTS THE LA KINGS HAVE TRADED MATTHIAS NORSTROM. DETAILS TO FOLLOW.

THE SAN JOSE SHARKS HAVE DEALT SCOTT PARKER BACK TO THE COLORADO AVALANCHE FOR A DRAFT PICK.

TSN REPORTS THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS HAVE ACQUIRED YANIC PERREAULT AND A FIFTH ROUNDER IN 2008 FROM THE PHOENIX COYOTES FOR BRENDAN BELL AND A SECOND ROUND PICK.

THE WASHINGTON CAPITALS HAVE DEALT DAINIUS ZUBRUS AND MINOR LEAGUER TIMO HELBLING TO THE BUFFALO SABRES FOR A FIRST ROUND PICK AND JIRI NOVOTNY.

THE NY RANGERS HAVE DEAL PASCAL DUPUIS TO THE ATLANTA THRASHERS FOR A PROSPECT.

TSN REPORTS TODD BERTUZZI HAS BEEN DEALT TO THE DETROIT RED WINGS FOR A CONDITIONAL DRAFT PICK AND PROSPECT SHAWN MATTHIAS.

THE ANAHEIM DUCKS HAVE ACQUIRED FORWARD BRAD MAY FROM THE COLORADO AVALANCHE FOR GOALIE MICHAEL WALL.

THE OTTAWA SENATORS HAVE ACQUIRED FORWARD OLEG SAPRYKIN AND A LATE ROUND PICK FROM THE PHOENIX COYOTES IN EXCHANGE FOR A SECOND ROUND PICK.

TSN REPORTS THE NEW YORK RANGERS HAVE DEALT DEFENCEMAN AARON WARD TO THE BOSTON BRUINS. SPORTSNET REPORTS THE RETURN IS PAUL MARA.

THE PITTSBURGH PENGUINS HAVE TRADED FORWARD DOMINIC MOORE TO THE MINNESOTA WILD FOR A THIRD ROUND PICK.

TSN REPORTS THE ST. LOUIS BLUES HAVE TRADED BILL GUERIN TO THE SAN JOSE SHARKS FOR FORWARD VILLE NIEMINEN, PROSPECT JAY BARRIBAL AND A FIRST ROUND PICK IN 2OO7.

TSN AND SPORTSNET REPORTS PHOENIX COYOTES FORWARD GEORGES LARAQUE HAS WAIVED HIS NO-TRADE CLAUSE TO ACCEPT A TRADE TO THE PITTSBURGH PENGUINS FOR FORWARD DANIEL CARCILLO AND AN 8TH ROUND PICK.

RDS REPORTS THE COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS HAVE TRADED GOALIE TY CONKLIN TO THE BUFFALO SABRES FOR A FIFTH ROUND PICK.

THE BUFFALO SABRES HAVE DEALT GOALTENDER MARTIN BIRON TO THE PHILADELPHIA FLYERS FOR A SECOND ROUND DRAFT PICK.

THE FLORIDA PANTHERS HAVE TRADED GARY ROBERTS TO THE PITTSBURGH PENGUINS FOR DEFENSEMAN NOAH WELCH.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 08:54 AM)
Hawks trade stewart and 2007 6th RD pick to tampa for alexeev

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/

Isn't he the guy who said he was going to be a star this season (or something like that)?

And I would have liked to get Boyes while his value was down.

Wonder if Kuk for Boyes would have done it? I rate him higher than Williams.

Just got home from the Red Wings game... its damn pathetic that it was almost like a Red Wings home game tonight. The Hawks looked terrible. Looked completely disinterested. I did however think Jason Williams played a pretty decent game. On the PP he was firing shots. So atleast he isn't afraid to shoot the puck and try to make things happen. Game got really ugly near the end.

Edited by EvilJester99

I was there as well Jester. They were flat for the better part of 2 periods. 3rd was a bit more intense, but too late. When we didn't score on the 2 power plays in the 2nd, one of them being 1:30 5 on 3, that hurt a ton.

No Havlat out there (sick) also sucked. Although they were minus Zetterberg as well.

I liked Williams as well. I think he will be a 'nice' player. We just don't have the depth at forward that we need to compete with a team like that. The better part of the game was hoping to stop their cycle, break it out, and clear the zone. Repeat.

Also Richmond wasn't bad, especially considering they were playing 5 d for 2 periods.

Calder scoring was a kick in the nuts. And it happened 10 seconds after I was done saying "wouldn't it be sweet if Williams lit Detroit up for hat trick tonight."

Last thing, Bourque is worthless out there.

Edited by IlliniKrush

It's absolutely laughable how completely the Red Wings dominate the Blackhawks.

1-12-1 over the last 2 seasons.

Beyond awful.

Savard is starting to snap a little bit, and I don't blame him.

It will be a sad day when Savard gets fired - I just hope the find another job in the organization (if he'd even want one at that point).

Hawks beat the Kings tonight 3-0, habby with his first shutout in an indian head sweater.

Bad news...Wiz done for the year with a torn ACL. He apparently did it in the 1st period, yet played the rest of the game with it. Wiz has been a solid player for us and plays hard every night (even if he's thrown up at forward) and i hope he recovers fully for next year.

Koci and Buf have been called up.

Nah I believe as long as everything goes well its 6 to 9 months...so Wiz may be out a while. Just think its the same a Zues suffered and he may have been back this month sometime but now they won't push him since the Hawks aren't doing anything.