Official NHL Thread

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ May 6, 2007 -> 12:01 AM)
f*** that noise

:lol:

I know it's not popular, but I've liked the Wings as long as I can remember.

They lost Schneider yesterday, so it's going to be a lot harder for them.

They can still probably take one of two from the Sharks, but the longer road is a lot tougher without Schneider.

Anaheim dominates, Detroit gets two absolute fluke goals and wins 2-1. If Anaheim wins game 2 they'll win the series judging by this game. Anaheim was all over them in all 3 zones and was much more physical. Only thing Detroit had going for it was Hasek, he did play pretty well yet again.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 13, 2007 -> 04:02 AM)
Sabres take 15 shots in the 1st period, score twice. They take 5 in the 2nd, 8 in the 3rd, and 9 in 25 minutes of OT and score 1 time. Shoot the puck boys (although it's too late now, 2-0 heading on the road=toast).

Tough to shoot when you're playing most of the game in the other team's zone...

Buffalo didn't play bad and didn't get dominated like they did quite in Game 1, in fact I think they had more scoring chances than Ottawa. Problem is that Ottawa is a much better team at taking care of the puck and possessing it for long stretches. Ottawa is really good at getting clears and not turning it over in the neutral zone on the breakout. Furthermore, Buffalo's power play sucks. Their retrieval game is just terrible and it's cost them so far. Ottawa's special teams have been a huge factor in these 2 games.

Drury gets beat clean as a whistle on the faceoff and a knuckler gets by Miller. Thus is life in playoff OT.

Buffalo sure has a huge, huge hole to dig out of indeed.

A buddy of mine and I were talking about all the former 'Hawks on the ice during the game winning goal last night in the Wings/Ducks game. IIRC, we counted Cleary, Moen, Hasek and Chelios. Expanding it to playoffs, you can probably make a whole team -- Spacek, Nichol, Calder, Amonte, Bell, etc (I'm sure there's more)...

Also, Canada won the IIHF. Jonathan Toews played real well and I thought I read on Stuy's boards that Toews led all players in faceoff percentage at about 60%. This was against pretty good competition too, lots of players from teams who didn't make the playoffs. I think he's ready -- time to sign him and get him second line centerman minutes.

Ruutu also played well for Finland. I think the dreams of a first line, Peter Forsberg type player are farfetched at this point, but hopefully he can stay healthy for an extended period of time and become a 25-goal, 50 point player for next season.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ May 15, 2007 -> 12:40 AM)
Nice knowing you Buffalo. 1-0, unbelievable.

The Senators, notorious playoff chokers, are going to waltz to the Stanley Cup Finals due in large part to an epic choke job by their opponent. How ironic.