Official NHL Thread

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't kill me, but I'm really trying hard to get back into hockey. From what I've seen, the players seem to like Savard a lot more than Yawney and I'm really excited for the future of the Hawks.

Anyways, my question, does Bondra have anything left to make a real contribution?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 10:24 PM)
Just stop yourself. Your going to be left shaking your head. :lol:

No one can tell you for sure, but I have a hard time thinking he is going to just be a bump of a log. The guy has been putting pucks in the net his whole career, and was able to net 20+ just last season. He should be another weapon on the PP, and with the Hawks struggles on the PP, he will be a welcome addition.

I don't think he is going to make a HUGE impact, and turn the club upside down, but he could be a solid 2nd line player for the club.

It wouldn't be the 1st time they let me down. Anyway, Bondra was one of my favorite players back when he was with the Capitals. I remember the days where he was one of the best players in the NHL. It should be nice to hopefully see him score his 500th goal with the Hawks.

1 more question, Handzus is out for the season, right?

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 10:32 PM)
Yes, and he is an UFA after this year. Really a shame, as Zues was playing GREAT with Marty. The combo could have been really, really fun to watch all season.

I really hope the Hawks find a way to keep him.

I do remember the opening game of the season, he and Havlat played well together. His hair is also flippin awesome. :lol:

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 11:56 PM)
Signed him to a 3 year deal, somewhere around 16 million IIRC

EDIT-http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2514959

Found the link. 3 years, 18 million. Seemed like alot when it happened, but when he plays, he is worth it and alot more.

good the man is magical on the ice.

I am thinking the line will be Bondra/Ruutu/Havlat pushing Vrbata to line two with Smoke and more than likely Borque when he comes back. Bondra played with Havlat and Smoke in Ottawa so I don't think he will have to worry about building chemistry with those guys....

What more can be said about Marty Havlat?

I haven't been able to see a whole lot of games this year, but I'd say 90% of his goals are simply amazing. Stunning wrist shots, amazing speed to break away from defenders, the quickness of his backhand and forehand, the moves...

You know, we sort of got screwed in the Malkin/Ovechkin draft, as we finished second to last that year and the Caps got lucky and hopped us, leaving us with the still-solid-but-not-spectacular Cam Barker. Getting Havlat for Mark Bell and Michael Barinka takes away a lot of that pain. He's that good of a player.

Seen this on Stuy's board...

Bill Clement apparently, tonight on whatever show he has on XM, said Vandy is headed back to Philly to play for his old minor league coach, Stevens. It's apparently a 1 for 1 in exchange for Calder...I sure hope this is only rumor and speculation, not reality. Maybe someone that has XM and heard the whole show can report more.

what more can be said about Dale Tallon?

trade Mark Bell and end up with Bryan Smolinski and Marty Havlat?? HIGHWAY ROBBERY.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 03:00 PM)
Hawks with a VERY winnable game tonight in St. Louis. Bondra will make his debut, it's official. Wonder who his linemates will be...

Official Lineup

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 05:47 PM)
Seen this on Stuy's board...

Bill Clement apparently, tonight on whatever show he has on XM, said Vandy is headed back to Philly to play for his old minor league coach, Stevens. It's apparently a 1 for 1 in exchange for Calder...I sure hope this is only rumor and speculation, not reality. Maybe someone that has XM and heard the whole show can report more.

I hope we would at least get a draft pick back as well, but Calder straight up for Vandy wouldn't kill me.

What's Calder's contract situation again?

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 09:00 PM)
Hawks are looking flat. Blues are blocking a ton of shots.

Bondra...Peter Bondra...ties it with a 5 on 3 PP goal!!! # 499!

The Vrbata with another PP goal! 2 -1 Hawks!

2 goals within a minute of eachother. HAMILTON MAKES IT 3!

This will be a real good win, and argubly the best of Savard's coaching era in my mind.

No matter what you think of the Blues as a team talent wise, it's always extremely hard coming up against a team with a new coach for the 1st game.

And that'll be what 9 games we've gone with scoring a point in each game if we win tonight.