Official NHL Thread

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. Hawks win!

De-twah on Thursday.

BTW... Vandermeer doesn't seem to be playing well at all. Sounded like he had a couple more giveaways tonight. Sounds like Cully is even playing better than him at this point. As of now, I really don't care who goes, but one of Cully or Vandermeer needs to go in the next month, as I think Barker is pretty much ready to start playing up here. I guess I would just keep Vandermeer for his tougness -- he's probably the closest thing we have to a heavyweight at this point -- but one needs to go.

The Chicago Blackhawks brought in sniper Peter Bondra this week to add some scoring punch to the lineup, but that doesn't mean their finished making changes.

Various reports have suggested the Hawks have been eyeing Tampa Bay Lightning forward Vaclav Prospal for weeks.

The Lightning have gone 1-5-1 in their last seven games and are now one game under the .500 mark.

According to the Tampa Tribune, former Lightning GM Rick Dudley, now with Chicago as their Assistant GM, was at last night's game along with Blackhawks GM Dale Tallon.

Prospal, 31, is fifth in team scoring with three goals and 15 assists for 18 points.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 01:57 AM)
The break away vs. Buffalo was my favorite.

I hope he puts on a show for the third of the crowd that will be Detroit fans tomorrow. Anyone going to that game? Damn theology final on Friday or else I'd so be there.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Dec 13, 2006 -> 08:06 PM)
I hope he puts on a show for the third of the crowd that will be Detroit fans tomorrow. Anyone going to that game? Damn theology final on Friday or else I'd so be there.

I may go, but it's one of the 5 games that's on in HD from the UC.

I will for sure be there Saturday, and by there i mean in Columbus, road-style.

What does Tampa Bay need? Defensive help wouldn't hurt nor would someone to add some grind-it-out grit.

Feaster never talks about specific player moves, but it is believed underachieving forwards Vinny Prospal, Dmitry Afanasenkov and Andreas Karlsson could be part of the discussions, though the interest level from other teams is unclear or if the return would make a deal worthwhile.

Marty LaPointe. There's your grit Tampa. Trade LaPointe and you're rid of his $2.4M salary for next season. If you traded Aucoin for Calder, that's a total of what $6.4M (about that) that would be off the books in the off-season.

I'd say Vandy's a good candidate to be moved though. Make sense with Bo/Barker/Richmond all doing well down in Norfolk and ready to play.

Apparently Borque is back tonight, too. Things starting to fall in place (as well as they could, at least -- a damn shame Zues is out for the year). Hopefully that trade will go through with Tampa (Vandy straight up?), and we'll roll out two pretty solid lines.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 07:26 PM)
Right now I just sub Bondra for Zues and call it even, or a little bit of a loss.

I wonder who we would deal for Prospal if it happens.

If they were willing to take Cullimore instead of Vandy, I'd throw Sharp their way. I know that would complicate the problems of not having enough centers, but we'd be gaining a #2 center and losing a #3 center. Ark and Holmqvist can center the other two lines, with guys like LaPointe taking a share of the faceoffs, as, IIRC, he's been pretty competent in that area this season.

I'm pumped. Haven't been this excited in a while. Hawks can take a small step forward by playing well tonight.

I'm all for throwing vandy or cully at tb for prospal. That would be a no-lose deal, IMO. Yeah, you could throw em Sharp, Keith. And yes, Lapointe can take draws if need be.

Keith, any way you can find comcast up there on campus?

Edit: Detroit Sucks!!!!

Lineup:

http://www.chicagoblackhawks.com/gamecente...asp?game_id=179

Bondra on the 4th line...? At worst, you HAVE to flip him with Lapointe...bourque/ark/bondra could be a decent line.

The Cullimore/Vandy pairing gives me nightmares.

Edited by IlliniKrush