Official NHL Thread

At least we pulled out the win, against a Columbus team that has been doing very well lately under Hitchcock.

Interesting to see that Arkiphov has been getting a lot of ice time under Savard, 20 mins tonight, and he responded with a 2 point game.

We got outshot, and dominated on the faceoff circle as well, so all in all, it's a good win.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hawks are just rollin on very nicely right now. Savard may be up for coach of the year if the Hawks can keep producing like this for the rest of the season (although that is pretty much not gonna happen, cos at some point they will go into a slump).

Khabibulin has really stepped up this season and produced. I'm sure it helps when your defense is a year older, and you have guys like Ruutu and Havlat on the ice though.

Speaking of those last 2, they seem to be working up a nice combo at the moment, which is really good to see.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 17, 2006 -> 08:46 PM)
one more day or two on the talkbhawks - I have it almost done...

Kap

Just in time too...cause the Hawks have been kicking ass. Khaby played great tonight while Ruutu had his 4th goal in 5 games (I think its 4 in 5 games at least).

Yep. Its online we just got to get the forums set up. Check out www.talkbhawks.com/forums and register and tomorrow I'm going to go on and get the forums built and sometime in the next week get it skinned as well (But it can re-open without the skin).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 18, 2006 -> 04:52 AM)
Just in time too...cause the Hawks have been kicking ass. Khaby played great tonight while Ruutu had his 4th goal in 5 games (I think its 4 in 5 games at least).

Khabby was amazing tonight. Really ridiculous that he wasn't one of the 'stars' tonight; probably should've been the first star. Aucoin was also pretty good. He played physical and finally let that hard slapshot off on the point of the PP a couple times, scoring once. He's still slow, but it was good to see him actually pushing people around tonight.

And I know it's been said a million times already, but Havlat is so calm, cool and collected with the puck. He made a pretty nice pass to Ruutu on the first goal, and in the third, made a spectacular pass from the corner of the blueline all the way to the far post where Hamilton tipped it just wide.

This team is fun to watch. They're competing every night. They don't have any real heavyweights, but they hit. Stewart flies around trying to lay a body on anybody he can, Wisniewski has played quite well in his time up here, and even Vandy is starting to play more physically. Hopefully Seabrook's night in the press box will get him goin', too.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 17, 2006 -> 11:14 PM)
Yep. Its online we just got to get the forums set up. Check out www.talkbhawks.com/forums and register and tomorrow I'm going to go on and get the forums built and sometime in the next week get it skinned as well (But it can re-open without the skin).

I :wub: Jason

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Dec 17, 2006 -> 11:33 PM)
Khabby was amazing tonight. Really ridiculous that he wasn't one of the 'stars' tonight; probably should've been the first star. Aucoin was also pretty good. He played physical and finally let that hard slapshot off on the point of the PP a couple times, scoring once. He's still slow, but it was good to see him actually pushing people around tonight.

And I know it's been said a million times already, but Havlat is so calm, cool and collected with the puck. He made a pretty nice pass to Ruutu on the first goal, and in the third, made a spectacular pass from the corner of the blueline all the way to the far post where Hamilton tipped it just wide.

This team is fun to watch. They're competing every night. They don't have any real heavyweights, but they hit. Stewart flies around trying to lay a body on anybody he can, Wisniewski has played quite well in his time up here, and even Vandy is starting to play more physically. Hopefully Seabrook's night in the press box will get him goin', too.

Keith, I've thought that Wis has been really good while up here - way, way beyond my expectations. It's been a pleasant surprise. He has good puck movement skills and is quick enough to say with any forwards out there it seems.

Habby has been amazing since coming back from injury, period. He's stole us a few games. I said all year i don't want him traded, and now we're seeing why. Last year was not Habby...you're seeing the real guy now. I know Savard is going to lean on him a lot, but i hope he takes the night off when he needs it, as he can't be out of gas come march if we're still in any kind of race.

I listened to the entire game (got home just in time to catch it on radio after the drive back from columbus), and it seemed like the 3rd period was the Habby show. I was getting that 'they are gonna score right here' nervous feeling constantly while listening to the play by play.

BTW, for all the bad plays Keith made early on last night against Columbus, he had a better 3rd period and a pretty solid game overall. He logged a s*** ton of minutes and was a key part of stopping Columbus from tying it in the 3rd. He is still prone to the brutal error ala Seabrook, but i still think he is going to be a pretty damn good defenseman. The only thing he really doesn't have is size, which luckily isn't as important as it used to be.

Also, seabrook apparently hurt himself during the morning skate against columbus, hence he was scratched for aucoin. When all are healthy, i hope it's cully/vandy that sits.

I've enjoyed watching Karl Stewart play since he was with the Wolves.

He's one of those "heart and guts" kind of players who catch your eye with his hustle and "never quit" style of play.

I've also really enjoyed Jeff Hamilton's style, too. Nice to see him putting some pucks in the net.

Stewart is a perfect 4th liner. I love his energy and 'hit anything that moves' attitude (though hopefully without taking a penalty...). Doesn't have the most talent, but gives it his all. Always respect those guys.

Hamilton has shown a nice little scoring touch, though i'd like to see a bit more out of his game, especially on the defensive end - he looks lost. Savard barely played the guy in the 2nd and 3rd period against Columbus - I believe he got one whole shift in the 3rd. He's got room for improvement, but he had a decent knack for the net.

Thanks to the magic of the internet, a backup defensemen for the Vancouver Canucks, Rory Fitzpatrick, has managed to wind up pushed all the way up to #2 in the NHL all star voting at his position, and is about 20,000 votes away from taking the lead (he's only a write-in, btw.)

Link.

The campaign website

And some fun...