Congratulations to the Tigers

VAfan

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Oct 9, 2006 -> 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly I didn't pay attention enough to them to know: did they play smallball as well?

I think so, but I don't know for sure...

Neither team relied on smallball. They scored a lot of their runs on homers and relied on their starting pitching.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 01:15 AM)
Detroit beating the Yankees frustrates me even more as far as the Sox go. If we had played even .500 baseball the second-half, Detroit wouldn't even be in the playoffs. I have no doubts, even despite all the problems we had, that we could've swept the Yankees. If we just could've f***in' got in. :crying

Thats exactly how I felt watching them celebrating. I actually got MAD again ........... if those bozos couldve just turned it up a notch down the stretch, I believe it wouldve been the SOX celebrating instead of the Tigers. It got me thinking .......... was at a party later Saturday and there was a Tiger fan there, I congratulated him, but told him how I couldnt help but thinking that the SOX shouldve been there. The Tigers played some of the most bland and bad baseball since the break, but were only outdone by the SOX and thats why theyre in the playoffs. The Tigers are playing like gangbusters now ....... but I swear, I unfortuneately feel like theres an asterisk next to their season

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 02:41 AM)
This may be a case of the Tigers hit their rough spot and are now getting hot at the right time. Just like the '05 Sox. Oakland is a damn good team, though. I'd have to give the nod to the A's, but the Tigers are capable.

On the postgame show on the radio, one of the announcers mentioned that the Tigers are reminding him of a certain baseball team..............the 2005 Chicago White Sox, and how they had all the pitching and hitting in place, just a matter of getting to the playoffs

:crying :crying