A-Rod, what's the asking price

BobDylan

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 02:01 PM)
Greg im just going to say this, the majority of time when just about everyone disagrees with you, your usually the one in the wrong.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
How can anyone be wrong who has an opinion about baseball?

Do we need go get out our resumes?

Yes I played the game.

Yes I follow the White Sox closely and have for a long time.

this is stupid. it's all opinions. I guess people are going to get annoyed when you pass your opinions as fact, which maybe you tend to do (I don't know, I don't post enough). I'm just irritated because I saw a new post here, jumped to respond, and saw it was this. I want to discuss White Sox baseball, dammit, and you're all making it difficult for me, not posting and all.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 07:38 PM)
Rodriguez is payed $16 million by the Yankees, as a short stop that's a relatively fair price. Crede, Garcia for Alex Rodriguez is a fair deal for both teams and it makes a boatload of sense.

Yep, it really does. Anyone who thinks that we'll get him for anything less than that is fooling themselves. ARod would be a guaranteed 40 homers a year playing at the Cell.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)
Rodriguez is payed $16 million by the Yankees, as a short stop that's a relatively fair price. Crede, Garcia for Alex Rodriguez is a fair deal for both teams and it makes a boatload of sense.

even further, how much of the tab would the Yankees be picking up for us? if he's making $22 or $23 million next year, and Texas is paying enough to lower it to $16, will the Yankees pick up 3 or 4 million of it for us? now I'm confused. could we have A-Rod for $12 million dollars?

Edited by AirScott

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, it really does. Anyone who thinks that we'll get him for anything less than that is fooling themselves. ARod would be a guaranteed 40 homers a year playing at the Cell.

Yea, he's not a simple salary dump as people on here seem to be saying. More than half the league would pay Alex Rodriguez $16 million dollars per year through 2010 if he were on the free agent market.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
even further, how much of the tab would the Yankees be picking up for us? if he's making $22 or $23 million next year, and Texas is paying enough to lower it to $16, will the Yankees pick up 3 or 4 million of it for us? now I'm confused. could we have A-Rod for $12 million dollars?

Why would the Yankees pay money to get rid of him?

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes I played the game.

101 knows all, you're wrong, just give it up.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 02:45 PM)
Why would the Yankees pay money to get rid of him?

they wouldn't be paying much, but how many teams have the money to take on even $16 million? I think we're on the hook for $100 million or more for seven or eight players next year. I can never remember the specifics on that.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)

Yes I played the game.

When your opinion is built around something as flimsy as AROD being a loser, you can be wrong. I don't give a damn if he's a loser, I'll take him everyday of the week. Labeling a player as a winner/loser is as useless as arguing about baseball who subscribes to old school, conventional ideas.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they wouldn't be paying much, but how many teams have the money to take on even $16 million? I think we're on the hook for $100 million or more for seven or eight players next year. I can never remember the specifics on that.

Garcia is on the hook for $10 million next season, Crede is due for a hefty raise before 2010. It would be an almost even trade-off if the deal does revolve around Crede and Garcia.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 02:54 PM)
Garcia is on the hook for $10 million next season, Crede is due for a hefty raise before 2010. It would be an almost even trade-off if the deal does revolve around Crede and Garcia.

yeah, and I'm not KW, but what if the Yankees would pick up the tab? I'm just floating the idea, seeing as how I have never met, spoken to, or read the minds of KW or Brian Cashman. I'm also ovulating at the idea of having A-Rod around at $12 mil per.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah, and I'm not KW, but what if the Yankees would pick up the tab? I'm just floating the idea, seeing as how I have never met, spoken to, or read the minds of KW or Brian Cashman. I'm also ovulating at the idea of having A-Rod around at $12 mil per.

...And you are throwing up at the idea of Alex Rodriguez for $16 million per year why?

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 03:00 PM)
...And you are throwing up at the idea of Alex Rodriguez for $16 million per year why?

uuuhh...I don't think I ever implied I was "throwing up" at the idea of A-Rod for that price...nope, didn't happen. no implication that I was throwing up at the idea. but having A-Rod for as much as we're paying Konerko, Thome and Vazquez? that is ovulicious.

Edited by AirScott

QUOTE(AirScott @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 01:09 PM)
uuuhh...I don't think I ever implied I was "throwing up" at the idea of A-Rod for that price...nope, didn't happen. no implication that I was throwing up at the idea. but having A-Rod for as much as we're paying Konerko, Thome and Vazquez? that is ovulicious.

We're only paying Thome abotu $6-$7 million a year. We got a truckload of cash from the Phillies.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 01:39 PM)

Weren't you complaining the entire second half about the Sox's reliance on the home run?

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 03:41 PM)
You could say .300 BA, .400 OBP, 20 SB, 100 R, 110 RBI as well...Either way.

That certainly would be helpful; however I wonder how long it would be before we started complaining about Arod only wanting to hit homers. :D

The way I see it, getting him and placing him at shortstop would only benefit us. Our current shortstop swings for the fences every at bat. Getting Arod would give us a shortstop that could justify such a hitting philosophy. Perhaps, I think with too much video game logic, but why not get Arod and shop Uribe for minor leaguers?

do you really think garcia, crede, broadway would get it done? steinbrenner might be an idiot, but cashman isn't. did garcia do anything this year to prove he can still be anything more than a league average pitcher. and unless crede goes over boras' head, i don't think he is getting surgery on his back. would the yankees want another old pitcher on the downswing of his career, a guy who, without surgery, is probably going to be bothered by his back for periods of time, and a guy who hasn't proved anything beyond AA? i would do crede, garcia, and broadway for arod in a heartbeat.

No, I'm not.

No team is going to pay him $4.5 million dollars next season to be an automatic out in the line-up. Any team could go after Alex Gonzalez, a better hitter, a better fielder, and a better player for a fraction of the price.

Suggesting that he could be traded for prospects is wrong.