Heard on ESPN Today

Chisoxfn

Guest hotsoxchick1

thome has until the 14th of this month before anyone can talk with him.... so i suppose a little courtship isnt any harm... the tribe knew he was going to phillie on last thursday and knew they were going to offer him somewhere around 15 mil to sign..... they told him before he left that their offer would not even come close to matching the phillies offer and that if he were to come back and counter that it would be pointless.......so its no surprise there about thome.....and im not surprised about glavine....i figured they would be courting maddux as well though.....phillies have made it very clear they are about the only team whos not dumping payroll but spending on it so they can fill up the new stadium this upcoming season...........look for a good number of good F.A.'s to head that way............

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

thome has until the 14th of this month before anyone can talk with him.... so i suppose a little courtship isnt any harm... the tribe knew he was going to phillie on last thursday and knew they were going to offer him somewhere around 15 mil to sign..... they told him before he left that their offer would not even come close to matching the phillies offer and that if he were to come back and counter that it would be pointless.......so its no surprise there about thome.....and im not surprised about glavine....i figured they would be courting maddux as well though.....phillies have made it very clear they are about the only team whos not dumping payroll but spending on it so they can fill up the new stadium this upcoming season...........look for a good number of good F.A.'s to head that way............

Maddux will end up in SD. Just MHO :)

Guest hotsoxchick1

they may not win their division but they will fill that new park of theirs with a few good names.... hmm wonder why we didnt think of that..........