The Departed

Steve9347

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Oct 10, 2006 -> 12:38 AM)
Don't forget about liquor store to citizen ratio which rivals the inner city.

Or how about Fun Times Square-- that's always a hoot. Which just happens to be next to a Burrito stand and Pool Hall...... :lolhitting

I loved driving by there the other day and noticing the recently installed paint-ball section. I wonder how long that continues. The Polish people running the place can barely control the customers from bumping one another on the go-kart tracks, yet they're going to allow people the opportunity to handle paintball guns? LOL.

i've seriously had this converstions like 100 times down here at school

random: "so where you from?"

me: "alsip"

random: "where's that?"

me: "do you take 294 home? you know the swap o rama and the water tower?"

random: "OOOOOOOOH"

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)
someone want to be a doll and try to help me figure out the ending....what exactly happened....i dont know if it was the booze or my lack of concentration.

pm please.

What don't you understand? I saw it last night and it seemed pretty straight forward. PM me if you are confused.

Edited by SoxFanForever

You guys are too easily impressed. Good film, great? Nope.

And unless you know and have seen every film in the running, there is no way to say anyone is getting ripped off by the academy.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 10:13 AM)
Infernal Affairs remake, no?

can't wait to see it.

Kinda. It's part 'Internal Affairs' part 'Donny Brasco' part 'State of Grace' wanna be.

Now 'State of Grace', THAT was a great Irish/American mob film.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 13, 2006 -> 05:31 AM)

And unless you know and have seen every film in the running, there is no way to say anyone is getting ripped off by the academy.

Kinda. It's part 'Internal Affairs' part 'Donny Brasco' part 'State of Grace' wanna be.

It is a remake of "Infernal Affairs". Also, I enjoyed it. I don't think I would consider it movie of the year yet. I also saw The Last King of Scotland and that movie was also a very excellent film.

I liked the movie, but didnt love it.I felt like they didnt let you in on alot of the characters motives and why they were the people that they were.You felt like you were on the outside looking in the whole movie and they never revealed reasons for some of their actions.But all in all I would still recommend this movie to people.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 13, 2006 -> 12:31 AM)

Easily impressed? It seems like you are underrating the movie. There are some great qualities about it, but that's you're opinion.

Just saw the movie. Pretty good. I was all pumped up for a huge shock ending, and well, I didn't think it was particularly shocking. Well done film though, good writing good acting and an overabundance of hotties. So, I will consider it two hours well spent. :)

I rented infernal affairs for tomorrow night....we'll see how it stacks up. My buddy said that there were scenes ripped right from the original.

I really enjoyed it, for the record. I would agree that the story, film making got sloppy as the film wore on, however.

solid A, regardless.