Baby hurling... the new fav pastime of idiot mothers all over the US.

Steff

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061010/ap_on_...WtkBHNlYwM3MTg-

ERIE, Pa. - A northwestern Pennsylvania woman accused of using her baby to batter her child's father said she didn't realize what she was doing until it was too late.

Chyrotia Graham, 27, of Erie, told police she had been drinking when an argument with the child's father turned violent early Sunday morning, according to an affidavit filed to support Graham's arrest.

Graham said she "snapped" and began grabbing things and throwing them at Deangelo Troop, 20, not realizing she had picked up her 4-week-old son, Jarron Troop, telling police she held the child by his legs and swung him at his father. Police had said they believed the woman held the baby by the midsection when she hit the man.

Graham was being held in the Erie County Jail on Monday on $75,000 bond. She faces charges of aggravated assault, reckless endangerment and simple assault.

Jarron, who was born Sept. 11, suffered a fractured skull and bleeding in the brain after the incident. The infant's head hit Deangelo, who had also fathered one of Graham's other four children.

Deangelo told the Erie Times-News that Graham never meant to hurt their child.

"People are trying to make a big deal about it, but she did not do it on purpose. ... It was just a mistake," he said.

Defense attorney Alison Scarpitti, who was assigned by the Erie County Public Defender's Office to represent Graham, said Monday she could not comment because she had not met with Graham.

Police said Troop punched Graham in the eye after she put the baby down, and police photos later showed her eye blackened and swollen shut.

Authorities said there was no indication that Troop had hit his son but that they were reviewing the case to see if any charges might be warranted.

"I don't anticipate any at this time," Erie police Capt. Frank Kwitowski said Monday.

Officials at Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh declined to release information about the baby early Tuesday. He was flown to the hospital by helicopter after the incident.

Authorities removed Graham's other children from the home. The Erie County Office of Children and Youth granted temporary custody to their maternal grandparents, Gloria Graham and Cornell Petty of Erie.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 10, 2006 -> 08:46 AM)
Very little shocks me anymore, but I have to admit that I was shocked when I heard this story on the radio.

How someone can "not realize it until it was too late" is way beyond me.

Absolutely sickening.

Ya know.. in the heat of the moment, when you are assulting your partner, you just don't have time to see what your throwing at them.

:rolleyes

Well human beings are protective of their children, so obviously this creature is not human.

I dont understand how people can put their kids in such danger and hurt them so. I would give up my life before harm came to my son. The more I see stuff like this, the more I wonder what is in these peoples hearts.

QUOTE(mreye @ Oct 10, 2006 -> 09:40 AM)
You beat me to it. I was just going to simply say, "Huh?"

the implication, of course, is that this guy is not phased at all by a baby's skull being split open. How many non-accidental baby skull crushings must a person see so that you can have a "it was just an accident" attitude?

"aw, this is nothing....back in '87...."

Thank you Pennsylvania for reminding me why I'm packing my things to move....

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 10, 2006 -> 10:53 AM)
the implication, of course, is that this guy is not phased at all by a baby's skull being split open. How many non-accidental baby skull crushings must a person see so that you can have a "it was just an accident" attitude?

"aw, this is nothing....back in '87...."

Thank you Pennsylvania for reminding me why I'm packing my things to move....

Yeah, "You should've seen what the kid went through the previous 3 weeks."

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 10, 2006 -> 05:53 PM)
Id say that about 50% of the people on this planet are not worthy of breeding.

I'd say you are being generous with that estimate. With the divorce rate at 50%, and all the stories like this... I would estimate a bit closer to 25% of the 50% that stay together to be a good guess. So sad isn't it.