Soxtalk Hacked

Heads22

QUOTE(SoxPride56 @ Oct 10, 2006 -> 03:02 PM)
Good luck with everything guys, you work your asses off to make this an enjoyable site, too bad for a few people that try and ruin that.

PS If you need any help, I am sure my brother might be of assistaince, he is a computer god. Just, FYI.

Amen to that.

I want to point out that the site was simply messed with. There are no viruses or anything like that. It was simply them making the site look ugly and removing some content.

It is only effecting the front page as well. We'll likely route the front page to the forums for the temporary time being as I'm unclear on when I'll have the time to go to work fixing the front page (got work all day and everyday and than after that I'm pretty busy).

I don't know if this has to to with the hacking or anything, but I keep getting security warnings when I click into certain threads( like Page 64 of the White Sox Catch-All thread). I've never seen them on this site before so I don't really know why they are appearing.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)
I don't know if this has to to with the hacking or anything, but I keep getting security warnings when I click into certain threads( like Page 64 of the White Sox Catch-All thread). I've never seen them on this site before so I don't really know why they are appearing.

Yup... same here.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)

I believe the warning you are talking about is relatively benign. It seems to be linked to someone in that thread using an image in their signature that is linked to a protected website. The website now has authentication box that is ssl encrypted. You get a pop to accept the certificate.

The link starts with

https://vcs-sel.valpo.k12.in.us

I will IM the person who has this image linked so they know.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 10, 2006 -> 05:48 PM)
The message has been cleaned up, but it will probably take a couple days until we get it back to 100% (just cause I think we are all swamped for time).

You guys do a great job at keeping the site safe for us. Thanks a bunch for all your hard work!