JK Rowlings

Soxplosion

I sent her a very original plot line for the final book.

Harry returns to Hogwarts as a professor and to Gryffindor as their advisor. He is dismayed to learn that Gryffindor has been regulated to the 4th best house at Hogwarts and populated with all the dorks, and non-pure bloods. I call it Welcome Back Potter

She's crying because her books that suck have made her wealthier the Queen Elizabeth.  Hmmmm .... I wonder, if she's single?  :lol:

Have people heard Rowlings story? IIRC she was a divorced single mother who wanted to write something for her kids to read. Now she is world reknowned and richer than the royal family.

Have people heard Rowlings story?  IIRC she was a divorced single mother who wanted to write something for her kids to read.  Now she is world reknowned and richer than the royal family.

At one time she was living on the streets!

Greatest comeback story in a long time.

1998....Two outs in the 9th/Sox down by 4:

0-2, Caruso reaches on infield hit....0-2 on Thomas walks....0-2 Belle hits a 3-run homer....1-2 Ventura hits a solo shot....tied at 8....extra innings....belle singles....Ventura blasts a GW homma to RF, virtually to the same spot as the one before....Crowd goes wild and so do I.

Rowlings's little story couldn't top that, no way.

0-2, Caruso reaches on infield hit....0-2 on Thomas walks....0-2 Belle hits a 3-run homer....1-2 Ventura hits a solo shot....tied at 8....extra innings....belle singles....Ventura blasts a GW homma to RF, virtually to the same spot as the one before....Crowd goes wild and so do I.

Greatest NON-baseball related comeback story in a long time.

Confrontation gives you a woody, doesn't it?

Greatest NON-baseball related comeback story in a long time.

Confrontation gives you a woody, doesn't it?

(I wish you'd follow clujer/bmr/your own advice and stopped taking everything so seriously.)

Comback comment was so tongue-in-cheek and gentle, no font to underscore the intonation...Besides, how could I want confrontations with one of my favorite posters? Heresy!

(I wish you'd follow clujer/bmr/your own advice and stopped taking everything so seriously.)

Comback comment was so tongue-in-cheek and gentle, no font to underscore the intonation...Besides, how could I want confrontations with one of my favorite posters?  Heresy!

Not my advice.

But if I had to make a statement on the issue I'd have to go with ...

"what's the point in making a tongue-in-cheek comment anyway :huh: "

I'm done.

Comback comment was so tongue-in-cheek and gentle, no font to underscore the intonation...Besides, how could I want confrontations with one of my favorite posters?  Heresy!

Not my advice.

But if I had to make a statement on the issue I'd have to go with ...

"what's the point in making a tongue-in-cheek comment anyway :huh: "

I'm done.

I like Roxette's slower melodies, non-rock; the leads singer used to have a nice voice.

Guest wsc425

I have a better come back story.

Benito Santiago.

I have a better come back story, Lance Armstrong.

I have a better come back story, the black guy in armageddon.

She's getting kids to read 700 and 900 pages books. That is awesome. I've read the books and find them to be rather light in the literature department but for their target audience are very good. I try and encourage kids to read The Hobbit or Lord of the Rings after the finish Harry Potter. Nice intro to better writing.

She's getting kids to read 700 and 900 pages books. That is awesome. I've read the books and find them to be rather light in the literature department but for their target audience are very good. I try and encourage kids to read The Hobbit or Lord of the Rings after the finish Harry Potter. Nice intro to better writing.

(Please don't mention a prolific scholar like Tolkien in the same sentence as Rowlings.)

LOTR? Serena rules!

(Please don't mention a prolific scholar like Tolkien in the same sentence as Rowlings.) 

LOTR?  Serena rules!

Tolkien is looking down saying "Now they f***in' make the movie . . ."

In the words of my son "I have outgrown (at 14) Harry Potter but need to read it because I've read the others" He has LOTR posters, etc. in his room but all the Potter stuff is gone.

Tolkien was a nut. The man thought he lived in Middle Earth for crying out loud. Thats even more disturbing than Rowlings.

Id say the best comeback story belongs to Kurt Warner or Tommy Maddux (Steelers QB). Both those guys were packing grocery bags a few years ago and now theyre NFL quarterbacks. Amazing. And Lance Armstrong might beat those guys. I mean, Kurt and Tommy never had to fight cancer...

Tolkien was a nut. The man thought he lived in Middle Earth for crying out loud. Thats even more disturbing than Rowlings.

Not only was he a MD'al scholar, but some of his underpinning themes were industrialization and xenophobia as wel as the ol' trite battle of good and evil....

So, you see, it's not just the delicious homoeroticism between the hobbits that is the main appeal of LOTR. :nono

At least not always.

LOTR?  Serena rules!

ohh man that is way tooooo funny.

LOTR?  Serena rules!

Serena = Sir Ian MaKellan...one of my favorite actors who plays Magnito in X-Men and Gandalf in LoTR

LOTR?  Serena rules!

Serena = Sir Ian MaKellan...one of my favorite actors who plays Magnito in X-Men and Gandalf in LoTR

i know as an actor, he has pick up some great parts to play. rereading gandfalf, i can't imagine who else would be able to do justice to the character.