eBay

Queen Prawn

I've already emailed several times and so far, haven't gotten anywhere.

Someone apparently hacked into my account and ran up $522 in seller fees. I need to get a hold of them and get this removed.

I keep getting the email run around when I try to find contact info other than email.

Any help is appreciated as I am freaking out a bit here.

Found it.... 1-800-EBAY-SUX....

if you want fraud, junk items, and spam out your butt hole, use EBAY. From '02-05 I had many great experiences, but I HATE shopping on their site anymore. It's filled with spam items that have very little to do with your search and I know too many people that have gotten screwed by bad ebayers.

good luck. My brother was just taken for almost 1k because of fraud on ebay.

boo ebay.

hooray jailtime for the convicted pedophile the state of Utah caught selling bad ebay items!

I wanted to follow up my post and say, I'm sorry to hear that you're going thru this kind of thing. I get people at my desk in the bank probably once a week with some kind of fraud with their cards or accounts. I still tell them not to give up on the idea of e-commerce, but I understand their frustrations.

People are so unoriginal and sad. Make some money doing something productive a-holes, and stop stealing your money from nice people.

Quick thought, QP, did you check your out/in box for messages as well as completed sales thru your account? because if there are charges, it probably means someone used your account to sell crap.

hope that helps.

QUOTE(Rooftop Shots @ Oct 10, 2006 -> 07:33 PM)
Here You Go!!!!

Ebay address and telephone #`s:

Ebay Inc.

2145 Hamilton Avenue

San Jose, California 95125

1 (408) 558-7400; & two TOLL FREE telephone #'s: 1 (888) 749-3229 & 1-800-322-9266 these are for use during regular business hours only.

Thanks!!!

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 10, 2006 -> 07:35 PM)
Quick thought, QP, did you check your out/in box for messages as well as completed sales thru your account? because if there are charges, it probably means someone used your account to sell crap.

hope that helps.

I did check - that was the only time and from the emails I received from eBay (late Saturday evening) it was someone in England that did it.

Just what i needed - MORE STRESS! :crying

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I've bought well over 200 items on e-bay, but mostly ones that are not "Big Ticket" items. When I did buy a big ticket iem (A $500.00 Bass Guitar Amp), it was from someone that had an EXTENSIVE FLAWLESS positive feedback. I read every feedback on him and ALL the positives were VERY HIGH. Even then, things can still go haywire, but it gives me a little more confidence. ANYTIME I felt a RED FLAG come up, whether in reading a feedback, or just that old fashioned "Gut Feeling", and it made me hesitate to bid.....I didn't. The anxiety level would always haunt me until the item came. I overrode the red flag a few times out of 225 items, and I got burned on 2 of them. Fortunately they were only low ticket items worth a few bucks each. I hope all goes well in your situation.

By the way, in the last few weeks there has been spoof PAYPAL e-mail being sent around recently stating that you must "Reactivate" your account. It asks for S.S. # and bank account with pin # and credit card #.

S.S. #????? Pin #?????? (Red Flags!!!) I called PAYPAL! It was SPOOF!

I bought a guitar amp (great experience.... Fender Hotrod Deville 2x12 by the way...kick ass guitar) and sold an amp (you'll laugh if i tell you) but those were great experiences.

I just can't stand trying to search thru the crap. Ebay has to do something about it.

ex) try looking up "mp3 players" on ebay...even adding a brandname does no good.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Oct 10, 2006 -> 07:23 PM)
Well, I am waiting in some security chat thingie. I've signed up for credit monitoring as well as checked both banking accounts I have (neither were attached to ebay but were and I stress were in paypal).

I'd talk to your bank tomorrow and just ask them to put a message on your account for their security officer to watch your account for any unsual transactions, i.e. out of state charges, etc.

They should know how to do that:)

Much better...the auctions were removed and the fees were credited.

Passwords were changed all-over (in areas where money changes hands).

Now if I can figure out who is behind (630) 260-7222 (I swear this isn't an old number I had - the only two I had were 630-985 and the other was work and I can't remember what it was but I would never have used it for ebay).

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Oct 10, 2006 -> 08:18 PM)

Now if I can figure out who is behind (630) 260-7222 (I swear this isn't an old number I had - the only two I had were 630-985 and the other was work and I can't remember what it was but I would never have used it for ebay).

(630) 260-7222 is a land line based in Wheaton, IL

The registered service provider is Ameritech Illinois**

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Oct 10, 2006 -> 09:18 PM)

Good for you. I have been buying and selling on eBay for years, big and little stuff and never had anything like this happen to me - knock on wood. I once did have an issue with the auto bidder bidding more than my max bid on something which I ended up winning but they cleared it up. Thankfully they cleared up your mess. One good thing is that you have credit alerts now. Everyone should have them regardless if nothing bad has ever happened to them. It would stop so much fraud if banks and CC companies just stopped s*** before it happened.

Eh, you should be okay if you check on feedback, do a little research, return policy, stuff like that. Even can buy some gift card credit card thing if you don't want to use an actual credit card. Was GREAT for me for Sox tickets last year. Got good seats for way under face multiple times at the last minute. EBay + ticketfast/ability to email tickets = Good.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Oct 10, 2006 -> 09:18 PM)

First of all, if you have a phone number, call the police. This is an act of fraud, even though it happened in cyberspace.

Second, hopefully you got something out of the live chat. When I had the samekind of problem, that was the most effective tool at actually getting ahold of someone.