CBGB Closes It's Doors

FlaSoxxJim

Never really had the urge to go there.

I saw the Ramones 4 times here in Chicago, and that was really the only band from CBGB's heyday that I ever wanted to see.

I don't get too hung up on clubs anyway - I mean, I really like Metro, but if they closed up shop I wouldn't really care all that much. I liked the Thirsty Whale and Exit on Wells, but they're gone and time moves on.

Was CBGB as much of a dump as it looked in photos?

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 06:48 AM)
Was CBGB as much of a dump as it looked in photos?

From all I have heard, the pictures don't do it justice on its "dumptitude".

I would have loved to have seen The Dead Boys. But it was Stiv's death that prevented that from happening.

Never was a big Ramones fan.

Would have loved to have seen The Heartbreakers (the Thunders band, not Petty's), but they were more associated with Max's.

New York Dolls would have been cool...but it seems I have a chance to see them now days. Weird, I thought 4 of them were dead...

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 07:36 AM)
From all I have heard, the pictures don't do it justice on its "dumptitude".

I would have loved to have seen The Dead Boys. But it was Stiv's death that prevented that from happening.

Never was a big Ramones fan.

Would have loved to have seen The Heartbreakers (the Thunders band, not Petty's), but they were more associated with Max's.

New York Dolls would have been cool...but it seems I have a chance to see them now days. Weird, I thought 4 of them were dead...

Forgot about the Dead Boys, I would have liked to see them as well.

I just remember CBGB being all about Television, Blondie, Talking Heads and such.

Never wanted to see any of them, although I enjoy some Talking Heads songs.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 08:03 AM)
Forgot about the Dead Boys, I would have liked to see them as well.

I just remember CBGB being all about Television, Blondie, Talking Heads and such.

Never wanted to see any of them, although I enjoy some Talking Heads songs.

Debbie Harry was hot, it ends there for Blondie. :D

Talking Heads. Pass.

I love Television for the fact that Captain Sensible wrote the tune "Idiot Box" because he hated them so much. Not one of the best Damned tunes, but still cool.

SIRIUS Satellite Radio will broadcast the last performance at the legendary New York City rock club CBGB, featuring artist Patti Smith, on Sunday, October 15. SIRIUS announced today that they have the rights to the exclusive live broadcast. Fans can catch the action on channel 24, SIRIUS Disorder, starting at 9 pm ET.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 09:05 AM)
Debbie Harry was hot, it ends there for Blondie. :D

Talking Heads. Pass.

I love Television for the fact that Captain Sensible wrote the tune "Idiot Box" because he hated them so much. Not one of the best Damned tunes, but still cool.

Debbie Harry lives ten miles from me. I have been so tempted to leave a flaming bag of poo on her door just to see her stomp it out. I think it would be HI-larious!

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 11:12 PM)
Debbie Harry lives ten miles from me. I have been so tempted to leave a flaming bag of poo on her door just to see her stomp it out. I think it would be HI-larious!

I wanted to puke when Blondie first reformed a decade or so ago, debbbie's voice seemed sooo shot and she looked like 10 miles of bad road.

Then, after a while she seemed to get it together, to th epoint where I had a ticket in hand and was primed to see Blondie and the new Rundgren-fronted Cars in concert. . .

And then the week before the show, Elliot Easton dislocates his shoulder when th etour bus gets in an accident, and the show gets cancelled. :crying

CBGB was beautifully dumpy, as all rock n roll places should be. I saw The Jesus Lizard there a while back, man that was intense!

I get attached to certain rooms for different reasons. Sometimes it's because of the acoustics, or just because of all the bands I've seen and the experiences I've had there. Some of my favs;

Lounge Ax

Metro

GBGB

Empty Bottle

Casbah in SD

Whiskey in L.A.