Cory Lidle, NY plane crash victim.

Buehrle>Wood

Horrible, horrible news. An eyewitness claims she saw smoke coming off the plane prior to hitting the high rise.

Prayers to the Lidle family and the NY Yankee organization. Kinda makes the whole Torre, A-Rod thing small in comparison.

4 confirmed dead in crash. buildings on the upper east side of manhattan. his family may not know about his accident yet as they are believed to be flying themselves. prayers go out to his family.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 09:21 PM)
CNN is reporting he was the only person on board the plane... they say there was no instructor on board.

That means the three people who died were in the building at the time of the accident... thats horrible

I wouldn't believe any of that yet. The 4 dead seems to be right, but different outlets seem to be reporting different amounts on board.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 04:24 PM)
I wouldn't believe any of that yet. The 4 dead seems to be right, but different outlets seem to be reporting different amounts on board.

Alone is what witnesses who saw his body still strapped in the seat are claiming. Good source, but what a horrific thing to see..

ETA - Yahoo and AP say 2 bodies were seen, CNN and MSNBC say 1.

check my previous statement of 4 dead. 2 confirmed dead, Lidle was NOT alone in plane. took off from a small airfield in Northern NJ and took flight plan up the east river in NYC. CNN is reporting all sorts of info so im gonna stay with ESPN and the Baseball tonight crew. reporter from ESPN says Lidle reported having fuel problems just minutes after take off.

QUOTE(ptatc @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 04:26 PM)
:pray :pray :pray :pray for the family.

My wife is in NY and watched it happen. She said the plane definitely looked like it was having problems prior to the hit.

Wow. Is your wife ok? I imagine seeing that left her pretty shook up.

Did anybody just hear that?

Cory Lidle's wife and kid/s are on a commerical flight to Los Angeles and still don't know that there husband and father respectively has passed.

This report is plastered all over the News, what a terrible way of being informed, not that there is any good way to hear such horrid news.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 05:37 PM)
Wow. Is your wife ok? I imagine seeing that left her pretty shook up.

She's fine thanks for asking. She was down the block walking to her hotel. She heard the noise of the plane and watched it hit. She was pretty shook up as she had many co-workers die on 9/11. She quickly realized it was a small plane and said that there was a very quick response by EMS and law enforcement. She said it was a surreal experience and is still a little shaken.

QUOTE(ptatc @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 05:59 PM)
She's fine thanks for asking. She was down the block walking to her hotel. She heard the noise of the plane and watched it hit. She was pretty shook up as she had many co-workers die on 9/11. She quickly realized it was a small plane and said that there was a very quick response by EMS and law enforcement. She said it was a surreal experience and is still a little shaken.

Thank God for that.

And also :pray for the others who lost their lives today.