Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 08:42 PM)
yeah...i was surprised to see them take so many bad shots since the Princeton offense usually relies on running the clock and looking for the good passes and whatnot

I can tell you haven't watched this year's version of the Northwestern Wildcats very often. :P

Seriously, they are really bad. Coble is decent, and Doyle keeps using his vodoo magic to score points in the post at 6'5" with no athleticism. Outside of that, they really struggle to get good shots, and even when they get them they often miss them.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 05:35 PM)
Iowa really needs this win tonight. They are coming off a great week and at mid-season are 4th in the conference and actually have some hopes of a tourney bid if they can finish strong. The key to that will start tonight against Minny. A loss here and they are probably toast (barring them going undefeated or something the rest of the way).

meh.. Haluska refused to miss anything tonight... spoiled Spencer Tollackson's best game basically.

Oh well.. at least we've got the Floyd of Rosedale :P

QUOTE(Felix @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 07:30 PM)
meh.. Haluska refused to miss anything tonight... spoiled Spencer Tollackson's best game basically.

Oh well.. at least we've got the Floyd of Rosedale :P

You won't have that Floyd for long though :)

Awesome win by the Hawkeyes tonight. Great to get a road win and now we got a real big challenge going up against the Badgers in there house. Hopefully Tucker won't be as ridiculous and that Tyler Smith will actually show up this time around :)

Tywon Lawson is becoming one of my favorite college players. He's just so quick, he can do anything he wants. That guy is going to be a monster if he sticks around a few years, though this is a weak PG class so his stock might end up high enough when the year is over for him to go.

Great game going on over here on the left coast with UCLA and USC battling it out for tops in the Pac 10. USC is going to be a dominate basketball school with OJ Mayo joining an already talented squad next year. I can't believe it took this long for Tim Floyd to get another gig considering how good of a job he did with the Cyclones.

By the way, the Duke game was a real good one and UNC got the win.

And dan, you should be happy Sheyer had a career day (26 points) but Duke ended up losing so it was like the best of both worlds (kind of like hot ice).

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 08:41 PM)
Losing Nick Young is really going to hurt though, he's my favorite non-UNC player in the nation. Amazingly under-rated by the public before this year.

Ya that guy is a stud for the Trojans. I still can't believe how no one is talking about USC. They have some top notch wins and have been in pretty much all game all season while playing in one of the top conferences in the land.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 09:38 PM)
Salukis over the Braves 60-50! Huge game Saturday against Creighton for first place! Dawgs going for a 6-peat!

Looks like JT is questionable for Saturday :( . I'm so f***in pumped though, I can not wait for Saturday, it's going to be absolutely insane.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 10:40 PM)
And dan, you should be happy Sheyer had a career day (26 points) but Duke ended up losing so it was like the best of both worlds (kind of like hot ice).

Yeah, I found myself rooting for Carolina but hoping Scheyer would make every shot. I can't do that from now on, I'm gonna have to pick a side. I'll probably end up sticking with Carolina because every time Duke has lost this year I've been slightly pleased despite the fact that I've been rooting for them during the game.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 10:41 PM)
Losing Nick Young is really going to hurt though, he's my favorite non-UNC player in the nation. Amazingly under-rated by the public before this year.

O.J. Mayo and Davon Jefferson give them a hell of an influx of talent to make up for that though. Plus Young is only a junior, so there is a chance he'll be back, even if it might be kinda slim.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 10:40 PM)
Great game going on over here on the left coast with UCLA and USC battling it out for tops in the Pac 10. USC is going to be a dominate basketball school with OJ Mayo joining an already talented squad next year. I can't believe it took this long for Tim Floyd to get another gig considering how good of a job he did with the Cyclones.

I heard OJ Mayo is a grade A douche bag! Very cocky, ignorant, full of himself, and a guy people will grow to hate.

I was at the game in Evanston last night. Actually, I was encouraged by the performance overall (although Trent is awful, Jamar is still afraid to shoot, and Randle can't stop fouling ) and feel pretty good. If we can win out the rest, outside of just going 1-1 at Iowa and Indiana, and win a game in Chicago, I think that should be enough to get in. Rich is really shooting with confidence right now, Pruitt is just a beast, and Warren is stepping it up. The free throw shooting was even good and Chester was 2 for 2 on 3 balls I believe. I had a really good time, the Northwestern fans are friendly and it was a sea of orange for the most part anyways.

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 08:42 PM)
yeah...i was surprised to see them take so many bad shots since the Princeton offense usually relies on running the clock and looking for the good passes and whatnot

When they tried to run the extended clock offense, they turned it over almost every time, and couldn't get looks. The Illini defense was just overwhelming almost the entire game, it was fun to watch. I still like Coble though, but Carter did an amazing job on him. And I don't know how that kid Doyle ever does anything, but he produces some numbers.