Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a huge win for Boston College. Dudley and Rice are proving that they can compete with anybody. Tyrelle Blair showed flashes of brilliance defensively, and it was obviously a nice story for the hometown kid who had given 50+ tickets to family and friends to hit the game winner.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 12:11 AM)
Is it too much for me to expect IU to win both @ Purdue and @ Michigan this week? Is a split a more realistic expectation?

I don't see them winning at Purdue.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 11:50 AM)
Pretty sad when this is what you can hang your hat on...go clones.

I'm excited because we have an actual PG (who could win Mr. Basketball in Wiscy this year) along with *****Craig Brackins.

So just got back home this morning from my first Rupp Arena live game experience (was there for midnight madness once before) this weekend. Unbelieveable atmosphere, and coming from a former Jayhawk, the energy even exceeded some of my expectations for such a large arena. Big Blue fans come correct and Rupp is really a fantastic venue to watch a college hoops game. I won't say it beats Allen Fieldhouse, I'd have a tough time comapring the 2... very different venues as far overall size, proximity, ect. Rupp is actually connected to a mall and a couple hotels. The game was a good game, despite the outcome... Kentucky would have problems beating anyone going 3-22 from behind the arc, let alone Florida. Kentucky is a team that is gonna live and die by the long ball though, and will be very dangerous oppenent when they fall. Randolph Morris has finally turned into the player he is capable of down on the block, and will keep them close in games no matter how poor the outside shooting is like Saturday night.

As tough as the Gators are though, Kentucky could have easily beat them had a few more free throws fell down, 1 more 3 pointer. Could have/ should have, but point being, I don't see these Gators repeating.... a good shutdown/trap D like Kentucky can get them completely out of rythm an offense and force them to pretty much play streetball to get by. Noah with 6 points and fouling out is hardly an inspired effort for such a big game for them....but the rest of their frontcourt bailed them out.

Looking forward to be heading back there in a month and go with my friend to the 1st and 2nd round of the tournament. I'd imagine because Columbus is close, there is good chance of landing Oden for that bracket.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 02:23 PM)
New rankings out: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankingsindex

The coaches poll is out too, not sure why espn doesn't have it up there yet.

EDIT: Here's the coaches poll http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/men...ll/usatpoll.htm

DUKE:

Step 1. out of both polls :D

Step 2......ahh I can just hear the Cameron Crazies chanting it now. N-I-T, N-I-T, N-I-T

Edited by watchtower41

Either Rock is being sarcastic.

Or its the fact that OSU has not beat anyone in the top 25 on the road.

So far their best win would be, Indiana at home. Not really a resume a top 5 team would generally have. Most of their ranking comes from the hype surrounding their freshman.

Im not saying OSU is not a great team, just that at this point (prior to them beating Wisconsin @ OSU) its hard to understand how they are ranked above UNC and Wisconsin who both beat them, albeit on the road but what else can you compare?

Also the higher ranked you are the harder the teams play against you. Works out well for Wisconsin because we play PSU and Minnesota, so hopefully they are all excited about taking down 2 ranked OSU, and not 3 ranked Wisconsin.