Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 06:49 AM)
I would love KU to get the 2 with Pitt as a 3. They have the most obvious gameplan...if you zone them,they crack.

I honestly don't think Pitt gets a three. I would assume that your thinking is that Pitt will get the best seed out of the Big East, and at this point, I doubt that will be the case. They still have games left at Marquette and at Georgetown (one of the better teams currently in the country, BTW -- they've won eight in a row, and seven have come in double digit wins with the 8th being an eight point W at Louisville), and they'll be lucky to escape with one win in those games, much less two.

Big East wise, I think Georgetown will end up getting the best seed (a #2 if they run the table, a #3 if they lose one the rest of the conference schedule) with Marquette following up with a #3-4, and Pitt with a #4-5.

Edited by CWSGuy406

I know Jamar a little bit since he was pretty cool with a friend of mine at Richwoods, and we're all about the same age, and I met Carlwell at a game in Champaign last year he was visiting for recruiting. Couple of really nice kids, a sad story, obviously moreso with Brian since he's hurt pretty bad. Prayers out for a recovery. This has just been the season from hell injurywise, I think these guys deserve a pass for this season. As bad as some recruiting has been, this team would have been better if not for bad luck.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 07:54 AM)
And they looked awful in the process

Santa Clara is a good ballclub though, they are 9-2 in league to Gonzaga's 8-3 and have the inside track to an outright WCC Title. That game also would have been different if Heytvelt wasn't an idiot and were still playing, but Gonzaga is obviously way down this year. I don't like their chances Saturday with Memphis visiting the Kennel.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 07:54 AM)
And they looked awful in the process

I am so glad they lost.. Memo to Gonzaga, create your own dynamic cheers, and stop copying everyone.

They jump like Duke, do the jump around like wisconsin and point and scream like Duke. Watch they will be doing the rock chalk chant soon.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 01:29 PM)
Players who have been injured this year:

Arnold

Carlwell

Carter

Frazier

Pruitt

Randle

Semrau

Smith

Players who have been suspended:

McBride

Players who have had nothing wrong with them: