Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

f***ing pathetic. 16 fouls for our starters, a total of 44 in the game. You got to do better than that.

I hope we never have to see the refs that were in Indy the rest of the season. I don't know if that's the way everyone's calling it now, but I've never seen more ticky tack calls in my life than in the last two nights.

Butler deserves all the credit in the world, going through a tough slate to get to NY. I'll be pulling for them.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 10:15 PM)
f***ing pathetic. 16 fouls for our starters, 40 in the game. You got to do better than that.

I hope we never have to see the refs that were in Indy the rest of the season. I don't know if that's the way everyone's calling it now, but I've never seen more ticky tack calls in my life than in the last two nights.

Butler deserves all the credit in the world, going through a tough slate to get to NY. I'll be pulling for them.

Welcome to the world of Kelvin Sampson :cheers

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 11:23 PM)
Welcome to the world of Kelvin Sampson :cheers

I wasn't expecting us to even win the NIT or anything. s***'s going to take time. Everything's new for the coaches and players. As much as I was excited for this season, I feel completely clueless to how things are going to fare for us for that exact reason.

So yes, you and your smartass comment is valid now. There's going to be bumps early on, but they won't be there by season's end.

The refs are seriously taking this game out of UNI's hands. Calling a lot of touch fouls on UNI which got Washington in the bonus with like 9 minutes to go. Now they call a touch foul on Coleman that gets him fouled out of the game.

Wow. UNI can't move at the moment.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 11:25 PM)
The refs are seriously taking this game out of UNI's hands. Calling a lot of touch fouls on UNI which got Washington in the bonus with like 9 minutes to go. Now they call a touch foul on Coleman that gets him fouled out of the game.

Welcome to NCAA Basketball, pre March. They do all they can to help the big dawgs (haha, get it? :|) from November through February, then in March, help out the mid majors at all costs. I love it.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 11:28 PM)
Welcome to NCAA Basketball, pre March. They do all they can to help the big dawgs (haha, get it? :|) from November through February, then in March, help out the mid majors at all costs. I love it.

It's just ridiculous. It's been a very physical game all day long and all the sudden they just start calling touch fouls which makes UNI lose one of their best players. Washington is going to win this game because of it. Kind of sucks but oh well.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 11:30 PM)
It's just ridiculous. It's been a very physical game all day long and all the sudden they just start calling touch fouls which makes UNI lose one of their best players. Washington is going to win this game because of it. Kind of sucks but oh well.

Same thing happened to a lesser extent in the Butler/Indiana game. Well actually, I shouldn't say that, Butler did get more than a fair game. But Butler had it tied with 15 minutes left, and they immediately call a total BS foul on the Butler guy to get him his 4th and get him out of the game. As a result, Indiana takes a dozen point lead and nearly runs Butler out of the game while the star player sits. That's how it goes though.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 11:32 PM)
LOL, the last 5 minutes of this game was just horribly officiated, yeesh. Good effort Panthers, couldn't beat the Huskies and the refs.

Well they covered the 10, so I'm happy :)

Sad part?? Part of why I told you this game would not be won, no way, by UNI, is I figured the best UNI could do is keep it really close, then see the refs do that to them late. Not a surprise to me at all.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 11:35 PM)
Well they covered the 10, so I'm happy :)

Sad part?? Part of why I told you this game would not be won, no way, by UNI, is I figured the best UNI could do is keep it really close, then see the refs do that to them late. Not a surprise to me at all.

Well UNI played like crap for a while in the 2nd half as well, the refs helped but UNI seemingly forgot how to catch a rebound. UNI is going to have a solid season but Washington is just lucky that they didn't play one of the top 4 valley teams. :)

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 14, 2006 -> 10:33 PM)
Wow, pal. I cannot wait till Kansas suffers their first L. You're gettin' your s*** right back...

No sarcasm from me, I just dont really respect Sampson as a coach. I LOVE Indiana, no rip on them as a program. oh and rock chalk jayhawk...NO BB first round losses this year...Slim Shady and Sherron told me so.

Edited by Jimbo's Drinker